Any thoughts on Wismec Releux DNA250 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
Spent some time searching here but found little feedback. I am not a tinkerer. I am using my istick Pico and getting along fine. I just fill it up and hit it at about 30watts and I'm good. I see a deal for the Wismec for $70 to my door. It looks great, has that Evol 250 dna chip (?) and says great heat control. 3 battery set up. My concerns are how well it's made since my smok Alien fell apart after about 7 months ( I did drop it once and had the issue of the battery door which led me to think continuos triggering was the solution since it worked 1 time before I finally googled what the issue was ). Anyways the quality of construction and I want to use my Baby Beast on top since I now like the cartridge idea. I get about 5 weeks or about 150 ml per X4 cartridge. Any people's have experience with this one ?

Thanks

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you want to use a baby beast or siblings with stock drop in Smok coils, be aware they cannot be used in temp control as Smok does not make a temp control coil. If you use the RBA and build a coil and wick yourself you can use SS for your build to correct for that.

As to build quality it's about the same as any other Wismec RX200 series mod they offer. Not a wonderful build but that price is not terrible for a DNA based mod.

• Agree
Reactions: ShamrockPat

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Boy... a lot going on here...

At least one of Eleaf's HW coils have SS wire and are TC capable. Those fit the Baby Beast tanks. No experience with them personally.

I use the Baby TFV8 rebuildable and like it a lot. I'm using it in my Baby Beast with SS wire and driving it with a Pico 75. Its a great little setup.

Wismec mods with the Joyetech chipset are compatible with the Arctic Fox firmware and NFE Tools computer application. The firmware and tools give you a very powerful level of customization for your device.

Wismec's DNA device is compatible with Evolv's Escribe application, and provides customization for that chipset.

I don't have any Escribe capable devices so I can't compare Arctic Fox/NFE to it. But the DNA Wismec is certain to be more expensive than the AF/NFE capable Wismec.

Question is really over whether the DNA device is worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: ShamrockPat

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
Boy... a lot going on here...

At least one of Eleaf's HW coils have SS wire and are TC capable. Those fit the Baby Beast tanks. No experience with them personally.

I use the Baby TFV8 rebuildable and like it a lot. I'm using it in my Baby Beast with SS wire and driving it with a Pico 75. Its a great little setup.

Wismec mods with the Joyetech chipset are compatible with the Arctic Fox firmware and NFE Tools computer application. The firmware and tools give you a very powerful level of customization for your device.

Wismec's DNA device is compatible with Evolv's Escribe application, and provides customization for that chipset.

I don't have any Escribe capable devices so I can't compare Arctic Fox/NFE to it. But the DNA Wismec is certain to be more expensive than the AF/NFE capable Wismec.

Question is really over whether the DNA device is worth it.

So I pretty much have the same setup except I'm using cartridges instead of RDA which originally I planned to do but found the cartridges lasted longer, no building and about a buck a month. Just avoid dry hitting it. Like I said, I'm very basic just go by wattage and tell it what kind of coil and I'm pretty much fine. The Pico is pretty sturdy, smaller and pretty cheap. The Wismec is 3 battery device. It does look pretty cool though. I probably would never get the benefit of the D a chip I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread