Status
Not open for further replies.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Well......

Generally, if its dead, its dead. You could try giving it an overnight charge, using the battery with a wall charger if youre using usb (might not be getting enough power), etc....

But, the battery might be shot, the protection circuit might be shot... its generally cheaper to buy another battery, imho.

You could send the bad batts off to a friendly modder near you (myself and others post in the classifieds looking for them), but whatever you do, don't just toss them. batteries can be recycled, so call your county waste management to find out how.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
Were they automatic or manual? I have lost MANY automatic batteries in the past without even dripping or anything. Id recommend a manual, even though it seems like a pain in the .... to push the button, they last so much longer! Me and and a friend have the 510 manual batts. and have had no problems with them in the last month or so. If you are using automatics, I dunno how to fix it. Ive tried everything on my dead automatics, with no good outcome and gave up with the whole automatic w/the hole in batt. As for the manual, that sucks and best of luck to you Melissa, hope someone can tell you how to revive those! :)

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Ok so have we changed the type of batteries we're using in the last 2 years? In 2 days, it will ahve been 2 *years* since I purchased my first e-cig -> a pen style unit from NJoy.

Although the atty did finally die a few weeks ago, the batteries were still both going strong. Granted one of them was losing charge noticeably sooner than the other. One lasted about 3-4 hrs, the other about 2 hrs. But that is after 2 YEARS of regular use and I don't consider myself a light vaper.

I'm sure there are people on here that vape way more than I do, but still - I'm not looking forward to my new batteries dying in just a few months or even weeks!?

Is this really the norm now?

(Also, I work[ed] on a lot of battery backup systems, UPS systems, etc. and even constant load sealed battery systems did not die that fast.)

Take care,
- Hap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread