Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have a mod called the e-Huge. The box carries the name "Kangside". Manufacturer I assume. I'm 99.99%certain that it's just an overweight 26650 Vamo. Same screen and buttons. I'm just curious if anyone might have an idea which of the 250 versions of the Vamo it was built around. The only help I can give is that it does have the ability to switch from mean to RMS mode. And it came with an adapter that can be put in the 510 connector to use it as a battery backup to charge other devices. I learned that Vamo also had an adapter like this. Read about it in a Vamo discussion on FT. The writer mentioned that the adapter turned the Vamo into a pretty decent battery bomb!:shock: Needless too say I'm having second thoughts about using that feature.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Kangside, aka KSD, has been making Vamos for a long time, one of the first, if not the first, IIRC...

(And Sigelie also had the "charge" adapter available on some of their models.)

There's a button sequence to switch the device to "output", and getting back to vape mode. (And there was / is also an LED flashlight module for them as well.)

Bomb? Well, if used incorrectly, most high power mods can be. And since it would likely be used for output so seldom, without the manual close by, odds of using it wrong might go up!

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Kangside, aka KSD, has been making Vamos for a long time, one of the first, if not the first, IIRC...

(And Sigelie also had the "charge" adapter available on some of their models.)

There's a button sequence to switch the device to "output", and getting back to vape mode. (And there was / is also an LED flashlight module for them as well.)

Bomb? Well, if used incorrectly, most high power mods can be. And since it would likely be used for output so seldom, without the manual close by, odds of using it wrong might go up!
Thank you @DavidOck for the info.

Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Oh, and you do want to put it into RMS mode, for the most consistent vape.

Early models of the Vamo (and the Istick 20 and...) used Mean, and especially at low watt settings it will run hot. RMS is more accurate. Some later models were ONLY RMS, which was fine. And some, apparently like your vintage, were selectable. Something to remember and check if your low end vape suddenly gets hot - it may have gotten inadvertently changed.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Oh, and you do want to put it into RMS mode, for the most consistent vape.

Early models of the Vamo (and the Istick 20 and...) used Mean, and especially at low watt settings it will run hot. RMS is more accurate. Some later models were ONLY RMS, which was fine. And some, apparently like your vintage, were selectable. Something to remember and check if your low end vape suddenly gets hot - it may have gotten inadvertently changed.

My VAMO V2 was always "inadvertently" getting changed to Mean. I got a lot of nasty surprises, but still love that old mod. :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
My VAMO V2 was always "inadvertently" getting changed to Mean. I got a lot of nasty surprises, but still love that old mod. :D

LOL. I bought my Istick 20W just because it is MEAN! Sounds so bada##,:evil: ya know. I haven't touched the e-Huge/Vamo for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure I left it set to MEAN after checking out the RMS setting.:laugh:

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread