Any Vamo/Etna VV VW owners here yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
so I still have to get out the Word file of instructions on occasion to remind myself how to make sure I'm in No2 RMS calibration---press and hold both buttons for ten seconds, duh.

You actually only have to hold the + for 10 seconds to switch from average to RMS. To switch from VV to VW, you hold both - and + buttons for 3 seconds. Hope that helps

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Thanks for supporting my local shop :) They're even better in person lol

LOL not as good as mine. Oh yea they got 10 more in from what I was told today. Just had to give GIMike a hard time folks. No offense to ANY LOCAL shop. SUPPORT THEM ALL IF YOUR ABLE. If you find good people you just got to go back and see them again. IMHO.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
You actually only have to hold the + for 10 seconds to switch from average to RMS. To switch from VV to VW, you hold both - and + buttons for 3 seconds. Hope that helps

Yeah, Mike. I mentioned both the 3-second and 10-second holds in my post. My trouble is remembering which is mode toggle and which is calibration toggle. That's one more example of advancing age brain damage, although now that we've hammered them home in posts, I'll probably be able to put them on my tombstone correctly. LOL.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
So I see all these rave reviews. How's the atomizer connection? On my young june LT V2 the threads are very sloppy/loose. Functional, but can't use my Vivi Nova. My Bolt is pretty snug. Barely a wiggle. EGo Twist is in between. How does the Vamo stack up?

My Provari is quite "wiggly" with the Nova's.
Someone did mention the center pin being a tad wonky on the Vamo...

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
One more question before i buy. Is the PWM at 33.3Hz like a ZMax? Was watchin' PBusardo's review of the ZMax. I'm not sure I could suffer "that noise".

Except for the quiet crackling of the coil after pushing the firing button and the sound of air being drawn through the atty/carto when I take a draw, my Vamo is totally silent. If you're worried about "pulsing noise," relax, there is none.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
One more question before i buy. Is the PWM at 33.3Hz like a ZMax? Was watchin' PBusardo's review of the ZMax. I'm not sure I could suffer "that noise".

The screenshots of the Vamo readings on Mountainprophet.de show the frequency of the pulsing as 33.3/33.4hz - so yes, it will make the rattlesnake noise with certain devices.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The screenshots of the Vamo readings on Mountainprophet.de show the frequency of the pulsing as 33.3/33.4hz - so yes, it will make the rattlesnake noise with certain devices.

OK, I tried various cartos/clearos/tanks on both my Acrylimax (which uses the Smoktech Zmax chip) and the Vamp. Some types of coils cause audible stuttering, others don't. So, as Dirk states, the rattlesnake noise (which reminds me of an old Schwinn bicycle with a floppy playing card clothes-pinned to the spokes, more like a flutter than a machine gun) happens in both units "with certain devices."

Apologies for the incorrect info in my previous post. I was using a tank in the Vamo with a carto that didn't react and was/is silent. Interesting phenomenon. I'm not bothered by the flutter sound, but I can see how it might aggravate some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread