Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
OK, I tried various cartos/clearos/tanks on both my Acrylimax (which uses the Smoktech Zmax chip) and the Vamp. Some types of coils cause audible stuttering, others don't. So, as Dirk states, the rattlesnake noise (which reminds me of an old Schwinn bicycle with a floppy playing card clothes-pinned to the spokes, more like a flutter than a machine gun) happens in both units "with certain devices."

Apologies for the incorrect info in my previous post. I was using a tank in the Vamo with a carto that didn't react and was/is silent. Interesting phenomenon. I'm not bothered by the flutter sound, but I can see how it might aggravate some people.

I don't think it's a massive problem, it certainly wouldn't bother me.

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
I got mine about a week ago, and it has replaced my Zmax v2. It's easier to use, the accuracy is bang on, and its more adjustable with the option to use a single 18350. The fluttering at 33hz is fine, not even noticeable on most atomizers. I've used Stardust v3s, vivi Novas, vision eternity (AWESOME RBA btw) and a DUD. I can barely hear it when I open my mouth when drawing from the eternity and the dud, not really noticeable with anything else. Overall, it's a kick ... mod! Highly recommended, and for $50, you cannot go wrong.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Scott's review of the Vamo;

Looks great with the Kir Fanis Tank which is more expensive than the device in most places!

I can see this device driving the price of the Zmax V2 downwards, the only difference is body styling and most people just want a decent vape as opposed to looks - I don't think the Vamo is ugly anyway.

I'm dying to get my hands on one of these now.

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I got my Vamo from OKVapes. $52 shipped. Now OKC is awaiting a new shipment and on pre-order there.

I just ordered my second Vamo from HealthCabin. $43 shipped as part of a larger order with 10% off and shipped via EMS.

No way to know about durability/longevity yet. Too new. But for sheer bang for the buck, the Vamo beats everything else out there, hands down.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I just ordered a Vamo. I like the fact I can use it with a single 18350, as well as an 18650. At that price, with those features its worth it. And thanks for your summary on it some posts back Bill - that helped me make up my mind. I really like accurate VW. I enjoy my Zmax so I think I'll enjoy the Vamo.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I just ordered a Vamo. I like the fact I can use it with a single 18350, as well as an 18650. At that price, with those features its worth it. And thanks for your summary on it some posts back Bill - that helped me make up my mind. I really like accurate VW. I enjoy my Zmax so I think I'll enjoy the Vamo.

kiwi,

You're welcome. I just hope I'm not prematurely blowing smoke about this APV. That's happened before. I was initially very happy with my Young-June Vtubes until one by one, three of them died premature and horrible deaths. I still own four other Young-Junes that are doing fine, but three out of seven going belly up is not what I'd call a confidence-building experience. Sure, any device can malfunction (even a ProVari, LOL), but a 40% failure rate after three months or less is downright pitiful.

All told, in just over two years, I've purchased 104 PVs. Yeah, I know, that's ridiculous, but it includes everything---about 25 eGo batts, box mods of every type, bottom-feeders, VVs, and now VV/VWs. Of those, 21 have died (and not because I abused them). I've also successfully repaired another 10. That a 30% failure rate. If cars or flat-screen TVs went down like that, people would burn down the dealerships and big-box retail stores.

Am I expecting too much from relatively inexpensive devices, since many of those dead PVs cost $50 and often much less? Maybe, but I still think the failure rate (frequently caused by bad design or shoddy manufacturing) is too high in this admittedly young industry. Fewer than half the PVs that have died on me were covered by warranty repair or replacement, so it's a lot like being a paying beta-tester, which gets old.

I hope the Vamo proves dependable and durable. Time will tell.

Ostinato

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Budapest
Most YTs die young due to the silicon cap death under the threading. It's not a very good design, a little overtightenig of the atty can kill them. It can be repaired.
The first batch of Vamo - yes those missing the gasket inside - work flawlessly, however in my 2nd batch I've had a few with non-working + or - buttons unfortunately. Seems difficult to repair.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
kiwi,

You're welcome. I just hope I'm not prematurely blowing smoke about this APV. That's happened before.

Hi Bill,
104 pvs - wow. I've had a good run with mine. I haven't had 104, but counting everything since I started vaping I've had about 15 I think. Of those, I broke one which was my fault. At $39 I'm not too worried about the Vamo. Even if it was three months, with juice and accessories, it is still much cheaper than what I would have spent on cigarettes. I am hoping it lasts longer of course.
With any reviews/reports I read about a new device I know we have to see how it goes over time - but some do come out of the blocks looking much better than others. :)

Last edited:

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
Just ordered a VAMO from Zainy. Did I need another APV? Absolutely not, but I like the idea of being able to use it with a single 18350 or 2-18350 or a 18650 and I do like the way it looks and for $37.20 including EMS shipping it's a bargain that I couldn't refuse. If this thing works as advertised I think it will revolutionize the price point in the e-cig APV industry. Can't wait now for it to arrive. Hope it gets here before xmas but if not no big deal.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Welp, the lady just got me this as a Christmas gift (though unlikely it gets here before then).
This will be my first replaceable battery mod and at the sale price ... it was just too hard to miss out on.

Bought the cheap quick charger and 2 18650s along with the Vamo. $52.50 total including shipping!

Not sure how great the batteries and charger are but they were REALLY cheap so if they don't work out I'll just grab an XTRA WP2 and 18650s from orbtronics. So yeah, you all talked me into looking at this one and with the sale price I caved. :p Seems like it uses the same screen as the gripper, which is a REALLY nice looking screen IMHO.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Welp, the lady just got me this as a Christmas gift (though unlikely it gets here before then).
This will be my first replaceable battery mod and at the sale price ... it was just too hard to miss out on.

Bought the cheap quick charger and 2 18650s along with the Vamo. $52.50 total including shipping!

Not sure how great the batteries and charger are but they were REALLY cheap so if they don't work out I'll just grab an XTRA WP2 and 18650s from orbtronics. So yeah, you all talked me into looking at this one and with the sale price I caved. :p Seems like it uses the same screen as the gripper, which is a REALLY nice looking screen IMHO.

your weak man.... weak!!! (let a bunch of peeps ya dont know talk you into some crazy chit on the interwebs like that)......
WHAT WOULD YOUR DAD SAY.................... LOL

enjoy it Im not gonna sit here and say "yea its as good as a provari" but wow I am actually really surprised at how well it works and feels. with a battery and a stainless atty on top you can beat someone down with this thing its so solid and heavy lol

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Just ordered a VAMO from Zainy. Did I need another APV? Absolutely not, but I like the idea of being able to use it with a single 18350 or 2-18350 or a 18650 and I do like the way it looks and for $37.20 including EMS shipping it's a bargain that I couldn't refuse. If this thing works as advertised I think it will revolutionize the price point in the e-cig APV industry. Can't wait now for it to arrive. Hope it gets here before xmas but if not no big deal.

Let me know how Zainy works for you. I sent them an e-mail a few days ago but did not get a reply so I'm not really all that high on them right now.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I'm pretty impressed with this thing especially for the price. I picked one up at local shop for less than $40. I stumbled across Scott's review while browsing his site. I usually run a Provari mini and a Kicked GGTS and this thing seems to take the best features of both and rolls them into one. I've only got one complaint and it just me, I wish there was a stainless version instead of chrome because it would match my tanks and attys better. For the price though this thing can't be beat. I did notice the sputtering sound when in NO1 mode but when I switched it to NO2 it went away. They called it the APV instead of VAMO but it's the same thing: https://vaporbank.com/shop/index.php?p=product&id=884

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I'm pretty impressed with this thing especially for the price. I picked one up at local shop for less than $40. I stumbled across Scott's review while browsing his site. I usually run a Provari mini and a Kicked GGTS and this thing seems to take the best features of both and rolls them into one. I've only got one complaint and it just me, I wish there was a stainless version instead of chrome because it would match my tanks and attys better.

Health Cabin have said a stainless steel version is coming.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread