• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any vapers in Manitoba interested in doing an interview with Global?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytwofingers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Someone posted on reddit saying she's been speaking with a reporter with Global (TV I think?) that is looking for Manitoba based (not sure what city) vapers to interview for a story...thread is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...7n/looking_for_vapers_in_manitoba_for_global/

Text from the post:

Hiya, I'm new here. To reddit and vaping. Started January 6th, have not smoked since. Anyway, I'm in Vancouver, and have an interview with Global National scheduled here tomorrow (word of mouth got me hooked up). The reporter is based in Manitoba and said she would be open to interviewing vapers in Manitoba as she is based out of the Global bureau there. Anyone interested in this, if you can send me a message, I can get her email address to you and you can get in touch with her ASAP.

Given the terrible media stories lately, this may be an opportunity to balance out the propaganda being published.

Spac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
Winnipeg
If anything happens with this, let us know when to be watching! :)

I sent an email to the lady who posted about the interview and she sent me the email address of the reporter who is doing the story.

I've contacted her and let her know that I would be available for an interview but so far have not heard back.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
It doesn't make sense that someone who started vaping a month ago, has an interview with Global in one province and is helping out a Manitoba reporter to recruit vapers? What is the connection, no explanation?
Is this legit? It strikes me as odd.
In other instances, I have seen reporters openly request interviews or information on a subject matter.
Sorry to be skeptical, I hope it all works out and it is, what it is.

dragonfly13

Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver
It doesn't make sense that someone who started vaping a month ago, has an interview with Global in one province and is helping out a Manitoba reporter to recruit vapers? What is the connection, no explanation?
In other instances, I have seen reporters openly request interviews or information on a subject matter.

Heya, OP of the request here (I've been posting more on Wackedout, and mostly lurking here, absorbing info like a sponge). I got wind of the request for interviews because the reporter asked for interviews on twitter. My bf follows journalists online, and put us in touch. She had said she was in Manitoba and would be open to me sending more people her way. Yeah, I'm new to this, but after the hell I've had trying to quit over the last 2 decades with conventional methods (Champix among others), and fact that I didn't touch a cigarette once I picked up my 510 last month, making sure that vaping won't get snuffed out is important to me. The journalism on it so far has been mostly abysmal. I assure you there is nothing odd going on here!

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada
Heya, OP of the request here (I've been posting more on Wackedout, and mostly lurking here, absorbing info like a sponge). I got wind of the request for interviews because the reporter asked for interviews on twitter. My bf follows journalists online, and put us in touch. She had said she was in Manitoba and would be open to me sending more people her way. Yeah, I'm new to this, but after the hell I've had trying to quit over the last 2 decades with conventional methods (Champix among others), and fact that I didn't touch a cigarette once I picked up my 510 last month, making sure that vaping won't get snuffed out is important to me. The journalism on it so far has been mostly abysmal. I assure you there is nothing odd going on here!

If it was you in the Global interview, Great Job!

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Am I the only one that is irritated when they show the e-cigs that look like cigarettes when the talk about it?

Im new to the whole vaping thing, but based on what I have learned in the past little while, those cigarette looking ones are nothing compared to what "vapers" are using here?

Don't worry if we do it right for Vape Can in August we'll be able to get our story out unless, of course the NJoy's of the world take over.

CdnBison

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg
My brother is a freelance videographer who used to (and still does) work with all the major networks. In short, reporters draw on who they can get - "does someone know a person who X?". Since they ask their co-workers first, you will often see some crossover. My mom was on the news on an almost weekly basis for a while, just because her son was in the media and her various positions on boards. Generally it's not anything sinister - just going with who people know that fit the story, and who can be found on short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread