The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any vapers in Manitoba interested in doing an interview with Global?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by johnnytwofingers, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Someone posted on reddit saying she's been speaking with a reporter with Global (TV I think?) that is looking for Manitoba based (not sure what city) vapers to interview for a story...thread is here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/181k7n/looking_for_vapers_in_manitoba_for_global/

Text from the post:

Hiya, I'm new here. To reddit and vaping. Started January 6th, have not smoked since. Anyway, I'm in Vancouver, and have an interview with Global National scheduled here tomorrow (word of mouth got me hooked up). The reporter is based in Manitoba and said she would be open to interviewing vapers in Manitoba as she is based out of the Global bureau there. Anyone interested in this, if you can send me a message, I can get her email address to you and you can get in touch with her ASAP.

Given the terrible media stories lately, this may be an opportunity to balance out the propaganda being published.

2. Spac

Spac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Winnipeg
    If i didn't have the worst cold ever, I might.... Boooo.

3. Dashe

Dashe Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Fraser Valley, BC
    Name of reporter? Is this Winnipeg bureau?

4. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Sorry, I don't have any more information than already posted....OP didn't want to post the reporter's name publicly I guess.

5. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    I hope everyone from Manitoba jumps all over this. An opportunity to tell the positive stories of vaping should not be missed. I think the more that respond the better, that way she'll know how popular it is, & not a passing faze.

6. Katmandu

Katmandu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    Canada
    I sent an email to the lady who posted about the interview and she sent me the email address of the reporter who is doing the story.

I've contacted her and let her know that I would be available for an interview but so far have not heard back.

7. Spac

Spac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Winnipeg
    If anything happens with this, let us know when to be watching! :)

8. Lilkurty

Lilkurty Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Canada
    Winnipeg here....I sent an email as well:vapor:

9. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Go gettum Kat

10. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    It doesn't make sense that someone who started vaping a month ago, has an interview with Global in one province and is helping out a Manitoba reporter to recruit vapers? What is the connection, no explanation?
    Is this legit? It strikes me as odd.
    In other instances, I have seen reporters openly request interviews or information on a subject matter.
    Sorry to be skeptical, I hope it all works out and it is, what it is.

11. Katmandu

Katmandu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    Canada
  12. dragonfly13

dragonfly13 Full Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Vancouver
    Heya, OP of the request here (I've been posting more on Wackedout, and mostly lurking here, absorbing info like a sponge). I got wind of the request for interviews because the reporter asked for interviews on twitter. My bf follows journalists online, and put us in touch. She had said she was in Manitoba and would be open to me sending more people her way. Yeah, I'm new to this, but after the hell I've had trying to quit over the last 2 decades with conventional methods (Champix among others), and fact that I didn't touch a cigarette once I picked up my 510 last month, making sure that vaping won't get snuffed out is important to me. The journalism on it so far has been mostly abysmal. I assure you there is nothing odd going on here!

13. Lilkurty

Lilkurty Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Canada

If it was you in the Global interview, Great Job!

14. epaVi

epaVi Full Member Verified Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Toronto
    Am I the only one that is irritated when they show the e-cigs that look like cigarettes when the talk about it?

Im new to the whole vaping thing, but based on what I have learned in the past little while, those cigarette looking ones are nothing compared to what "vapers" are using here?

15. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Don't worry if we do it right for Vape Can in August we'll be able to get our story out unless, of course the NJoy's of the world take over.

16. CdnBison

CdnBison Super Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2011
    Winnipeg
    My brother is a freelance videographer who used to (and still does) work with all the major networks. In short, reporters draw on who they can get - "does someone know a person who X?". Since they ask their co-workers first, you will often see some crossover. My mom was on the news on an almost weekly basis for a while, just because her son was in the media and her various positions on boards. Generally it's not anything sinister - just going with who people know that fit the story, and who can be found on short notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.