Any vendors selling this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
Only time will tell. If they can put out a VV device that's easily adjustable with an lcd screen for well under $100, it will be huuuuuuge.

Unless it falls apart or explodes, of course.

*vape*

*BOOOOM*

Variable Voltage Ecig;

battery :1700mA

Variable device

big button

control Voltage from 3v to 6v

battery could take off

have big safe button
Hmmm... maybe that wasn't just poorly translated :blink:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
I'm extremely interested in this unit. But I'm the type that likes to let other people thoroughly test it out before I make a purchase.

It has been said that they are trying to keep it under $100 price point. If they buy the 500 bulk lot's they are only paying $28 dollars a unit. I would hope that they can keep it under $100.

They are selling them already in other countries. Spain and Austria, I think. They have a green color scheme. Converted to U.S. $, it is ABOVE $100. So we just have to wait and see, I guess.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Shipping on an order of a 100$ units would be probably $500.00 + brokerage fees + any duties/taxes dealing with customs and everything else the guy has to do. I bet you won't see it for under $89.95 and probably shouldn't unless the guy isn't in business and is just looking for friends :) I usually only post in the Canada section but I think I want this mod so here I am. Hi!

Temporal Fugitive

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Seriously, though. If this works great and doesn't break or blow up, who'd want to pay 2- 3 times as much for a Provari? Ohm readouts are kind of pointless, anyway. I know the ohm ratings of my cartos and attys and I know what voltage settings I like with which. I guess the only reason you might want to be able to get an ohm readout would be if you had lots of LR and SR cartos and you somehow managed to get them mixed up. Then again, you could just as well try a carto at say 3.5 v and you'd be able to tell if it's LR or not - with or without an ohm readout.

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Seriously, though. If this works great and doesn't break or blow up, who'd want to pay 2- 3 times as much for a Provari? Ohm readouts are kind of pointless, anyway. I know the ohm ratings of my cartos and attys and I know what voltage settings I like with which. I guess the only reason you might want to be able to get an ohm readout would be if you had lots of LR and SR cartos and you somehow managed to get them mixed up. Then again, you could just as well try a carto at say 3.5 v and you'd be able to tell if it's LR or not - with or without an ohm readout.

Or you can just use a multimeter :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Competition is the hammer that drives prices in the ground. I paid over $3000 for my first personal computer that ran CPM and had huge 8" floppy drives that held a whole megabyte of data on one 8" floppy! Later on, I accessed Compuserve through a 300 baud modem and dialup. 300 baud produced about 20 characters per second on the display ... much slower than a dot matrix printer. On screen graphics looked like something out of a connect the dots book.

Ecig mods are about to that point now. In a few years, we will have an ecig that tastes like whatever we want, doesn't put juice in the mouth, and restores the joy of smoking with no fears about physical harm and flooding, starving, or crappy taste. We will talk about the days when you needed to be a little on the technical side to put up with an ecig and laugh.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
New Invention of 1963: The Smokeless Non-Tobacco Cigarette | The Electronic Cigarette & E-Cigarettes by Instead

I also think it's funny when people talk about Chinese ripoffs of U.S. designs...

The modern electronic cigarette was invented by Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik in 2003 and introduced to the market the following year. The company he worked for, Golden Dragon Holdings, changed its name to Ruyan (meaning "to resemble smoking"), and started exporting its products in 2005–2006, before receiving the first international patent in 2007.

Electronic cigarette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I want a Provari style mod with a built in temperature readout and a relative humidity gauge, plus a barometer and an led that tells me when it's gonna rain. It should play music with the optional MP3 player and headphone jack and it should double as an electronic measuring tape with a level built into the side. It should double as a hand warmer on cold days and have a pop up umbrella for rainy days. Oh, and they all should have built-in laser pointer capabilities. Just unscrew the atty, point and click!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm shopping for a variable voltage mod, but I haven't seen one I like at a decent price. The Provari is nice, but I'm turned off by the 6 click, 12 click, 15 click option access. Maybe a menu where you hold down a button until it rotates through the choices would be more user friendly.

5 click on and off, I can deal with.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I want a Provari style mod with a built in temperature readout and a relative humidity gauge, plus a barometer and an led that tells me when it's gonna rain. It should play music with the optional MP3 player and headphone jack and it should double as an electronic measuring tape with a level built into the side. It should double as a hand warmer on cold days and have a pop up umbrella for rainy days. Oh, and they all should have built-in laser pointer capabilities. Just unscrew the atty, point and click!

What, no built in PEZ dispenser? Lame. :p

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just pulled the trigger on a Madvapes $35 variable voltage mod. I had to order batteries from Awesome Vapor (my juice and carto guy) They had the 14500 protected Ultra-Fire 14500 batts for $5 each and a Trustfire multi-charger for $14.

Madvapes has 5 more VV box mods. They are out of 14500 batteries.

The review that made me decide to order.
VV Box Mod by MadVapes: Impressions

candy_93454

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
CA
vapealiciousjuice.com
The problem with that VV L-rider is they have stole the idea from the Pro-Vari, If you read the info its all been taken straight from the pro vape site. I fully believe in supporting American Made equipment and not Chinese Knock Offs that have been stolen from American Vendors.

Last edited:

ComputerWayne

Sep 6, 2011
Laurel, MS
I completely agree with Candy. Chinese knock off! One day we will realize that supporting this type of unethical copying of american products only makes our economy here in America worse. They artificially deflate their monetary system making it very hard to compete. My iAtty is Greek and my Provari is American. I refuse to support China! You should consider doing the same. I am sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but please consider how you would feel if you were feeding your family, your children because of blood sweat and tears put into inventing, manufacturing, and distributing a product and then one day some company outside of the reach of your legal system copies your product and then puts it on sale for half of the price or even below the cost of your product. I am all in favor of capitalistic economics and competitiveness but that insinuates that there is an even playing field. Volcano Ecigs should be ashamed of themselves.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The hole in that theory is that the parts to make a mod frequently come from China. It's almost impossible to spend money at retail and not support China, at least in theory. The battery boxes, atomizers, batteries, chargers, and electronic components all say "made in China".

At least some of the mods are machined parts made in the USA, especially if you buy a tube mod.

We should work to influence our Congress representatives to repeal some of the lame legislation that causes American product prices to rise. Sarbanes-Oxley and other bills need to be repealed. One of the reasons that trade moved to China is that high cost of compliance with federal regulations. The other biggie is the currency exchange rate. China's devalued currency kills our chances of competing unless we lower salaries to nearly nothing.

This one is one that should pass.
Why should Congress pass China currency legislation? | Alliance for American Manufacturing

Last edited:

ComputerWayne

Sep 6, 2011
Laurel, MS
I agree whole heartedly and that is exactly why I bought a provari. It's not even china themselves that I have the problem with, just as I'm happy to buy an iAtty for Imeo. It's the unfair playing field. We aren't willing to sacrifice out morals, standards, and ethics when it comes to many many things so why are we so quick to purchase cheap stolen design knock-offs from China. The residual effects are so tremendous that if we had any idea what long lasting repercussions our saving a quick buck had we wouldn't dream of doing it. The Chinese are buying our country, or loans, or land, and we are becoming totally depend on their cheap manufacturing. But we can stop it here and now. I'm afraid if we continue that the same option to stop will not be available to us in the not so distant future when we are going to wish we had paid the extra buck to preserve our economy and our way of life.

ale3hs

May 5, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I just asked the vendor. They won't sell to the USA because Volcano has staked their claim on the VV.

A lot of local vendors are requesting this of the Chinese suppliers and they're obviously accepting. The reality is that it's anti-competitive, I doubt it's legal. Regardless, if a single order is placed, big deal, just send the damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread