Any way to extend the bottom 510 connection on attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
So I got a PlumeVeil in a trade, works great except it had a spinning center post til I tightened down the bottom screw and now it sits in a good millimeter at least... It'll only fire on one of my mods and only if I have it TIGHT (the connection to the mod & the mod itself, it's telescoping). Is there anything I can put on the bottom of it to extend the connection? Solder or something?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So I got a PlumeVeil in a trade, works great except it had a spinning center post til I tightened down the bottom screw and now it sits in a good millimeter at least... It'll only fire on one of my mods and only if I have it TIGHT (the connection to the mod & the mod itself, it's telescoping). Is there anything I can put on the bottom of it to extend the connection? Solder or something?
You can use a nylon washer (or two) to space the screw down... or if you're techy, you can drill and tap the screw head for a smaller screw, which you can adjust the spacing with an o-ring.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
one of mine is like this, i havent looked into fixing it as i just use it on a mod that has an adjustable 510 pin but if i was to fix it i would undo the screw and maybe put some wire inside the +post and screw it back together

EDIT: a little update for you, yes it works, ive just fixed mine, i cut a piece of 22g a couple of mm long so that it lies flat in the hole as i tightened back up ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread