Any way to tighten the 510 connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
I've noticed that the 510 connection on my Vamo is getting a little wobbly. I'm not very rough on it, but I can now grab whatever tank is mounted on top and wiggle it around a little bit.

I should note, I haven't had an actual connection issue, or had the device not fire when I've hit the button. But if there's an easy way to tighten the connection up, so whatever I have on it doesn't wobble, I'm all ears.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
it's a pressed in connection so you can try pressing it back in..might solve it and it might wreck it altogether..a weak point on the Vamo unfortunately..

also rnoserious has a video of taking the vamo apart..you just wiggle the top head off with channel lock pliers..you might be able to epoxy it from underneath..or if you had a fine syringe you could try epoxy from the top in the drip well..that would lock her in..

vietstuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2008
everything i put on my vamo is not wobbly. when i used to put on my aga-t2, it would sit tight, and flush, now it is a bit raised and wobby everytime i touch it. and cartos wont even lock in anymore. they will always wobble or get stuck slanted where the only way I can fix it is either unscrewing or bending it back which both messes up the thread even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread