Las Vegas
2c8b3abd3b83ab94b514813a8dd59da5.jpg

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Well, we do have a bit of good people fighting the good fight, but it's mostly men :|
I think I never saw an Italian youtube video with a woman rebuilding a coil. Srsly.
You should make the first one, then when you are famous we can say we knew you when

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I love you all.
I just have one rebuildables but as we say here in Italy they seem to be like cherries.
You only want to eat one, but you enjoy them so much that you end up eating 10...

Proud owner of a small but harsh little Hastur mini (MTL, single coil) that is amazing with my favourite tobacco liquids (La Tabaccheria, I really hope they hit America because they are lovely, insanely strong, complex flavours, made from natural tobacco!)... But I'm already looking for MOAAAARRRR.
I mean, the rebuildables beat everything else hands-down flavourwise and they're even cheaper in the long run and "greener" (no plastic, just wire and cotton).

We have pre-rolled coils available, I don't understand why women seem to be afraid of those, at least here.

Love you all gals for being different and choosing quality over ease. You kick ....

I see nothing wrong with buying pre-rolled coils. I don't have the agility with my hands to do complex type of coils so I buy them instead. That said, not all pre-rolled coils are of the same quality. If you use Fasttech in China, they have a plethora of different companies that makes these for us. I happen to enjoy the ones made by MKWS for the titanium coils and Nichrome coils and UD is also good for SS316. Just pay attention to what the descriptions and pics tell and show you to help determine if a coil should fit your needs.

:)_

Cacciviah

Sep 7, 2018
Milan
I see nothing wrong with buying pre-rolled coils. I don't have the agility with my hands to do complex type of coils so I buy them instead. That said, not all pre-rolled coils are of the same quality. If you use Fasttech in China, they have a plethora of different companies that makes these for us. I happen to enjoy the ones made by MKWS for the titanium coils and Nichrome coils and UD is also good for SS316. Just pay attention to what the descriptions and pics tell and show you to help determine if a coil should fit your needs.

Same here, I got

Same thing here. If they're good, they're not a ripoff and they make your life easier, what's the harm?
Many thanks for the tips. I do both (roll my own coil when I'm into a bit of manual labor, use premade on the run) and I'm still alive and kicking, so...
People really need to leave other people alone, sometimes.
Oh, my premade right now are these babies, they work like a charm. Curious about the quality.

Kanthal A1 Pre-Built Coil 1.0ohm 10x - Svapo Store

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Same here, I got

Same thing here. If they're good, they're not a ripoff and they make your life easier, what's the harm?
Many thanks for the tips. I do both (roll my own coil when I'm into a bit of manual labor, use premade on the run) and I'm still alive and kicking, so...
People really need to leave other people alone, sometimes.
Oh, my premade right now are these babies, they work like a charm. Curious about the quality.

Kanthal A1 Pre-Built Coil 1.0ohm 10x - Svapo Store
I just took a peek and they look fine to me. The wire is clean and wraps look consistent. Go for it.

:)

Cacciviah

Sep 7, 2018
Milan
I just started. I need to find a few inexpensive single coil rba's and rta's. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of both that took two coils. Then found out I'm not good at that lol I still use premade coils.
Well, it's not a competition!
If you're happy with premade coils, where's the problem?
Vape on on your rebuildable and be merry, dear! :) Really. Enjoy it!
As for the easy, inexpensive single coil RTA, I can suggest you this one:
Hastur MTL RTA Mini – True MTL & Nic Salts RTA – CTHULHU MOD -Top Innovations for Vaping; ODM & OEM Atomizer | Mod
Small, perfect with dark eliquids, fits small boxes, even looks good.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I just started. I need to find a few inexpensive single coil rba's and rta's. I made the mistake of buying a bunch of both that took two coils. Then found out I'm not good at that lol I still use premade coils.
If you can try to put a little space between the coils then you don't have to be as pickly as to getting them the same ohm reading. Spacing eliminates the hot legs so you don't have that to worry about either. Just a thought. Gently pull on one end while holding the other or wait until you install them then try to separate them. You don't want to apply too much cause you want them to remain the same roundness as before just have the tinyest bit of space between them.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Well, it's not a competition!
If you're happy with premade coils, where's the problem?
Vape on on your rebuildable and be merry, dear! :) Really. Enjoy it!
As for the easy, inexpensive single coil RTA, I can suggest you this one:
Hastur MTL RTA Mini – True MTL & Nic Salts RTA – CTHULHU MOD -Top Innovations for Vaping; ODM & OEM Atomizer | Mod
Small, perfect with dark eliquids, fits small boxes, even looks good.
Good thing it's not a competition. I'd be near (translation) at the back of the pack ;)
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out but I am more of a dl type. The one mtl rta I built was for my SO.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good thing it's not a competition. I'd be near (translation) at the back of the pack ;)
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out but I am more of a dl type. The one mtl rta I built was for my SO.
You can't go wrong with the Intake or Crius 2 single to get comfortable with rtas. For a bottom af the Crius is surprisingly forgiving.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
If you can try to put a little space between the coils then you don't have to be as pickly as to getting them the same ohm reading. Spacing eliminates the hot legs so you don't have that to worry about either. Just a thought. Gently pull on one end while holding the other or wait until you install them then try to separate them. You don't want to apply too much cause you want them to remain the same roundness as before just have the tinyest bit of space between them.
Thanks for the tips. The couple rba's and rta's I've built had two coils and I didn't know the ohms should be the same. I just spread them till they glowed at the same time, let them cool, wicked them up and started using them. Guess I was lucky cause they vape fine! I just don't expect my luck to hold out tho and would feel more comfortable with just 1 coil.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the tips. The couple rba's and rta's I've built had two coils and I didn't know the ohms should be the same. I just spread them till they glowed at the same time, let them cool, wicked them up and started using them. Guess I was lucky cause they vape fine! I just don't expect my luck to hold out tho and would feel more comfortable with just 1 coil.
I agree, I like the single ones also. I am not a cloud chaser so I don't need loads of clouds, altho I do like to see the ones made by single coils. LOL. Plus I like a cooler vape and sometimes when using duals you have to pump up the wattage just to be able to use them, then they product way too much heat for my liking.......that's just me tho.

:)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I'm a grandmother, been building for over 5 years. I have a nice collections of RTA's like the older RSSTA's and Russian 91's to the newer Galaxies RTA. I am in a happy place with these newer MTL, single coil offerings.

WOW!! actually someone else out there who uses the RSSTs... :)
I luv mine !!

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
You can't go wrong with the Intake or Crius 2 single to get comfortable with rtas. For a bottom af the Crius is surprisingly forgiving.
Now I know why I have an OBS Crius(think it's the first one)in my box. Someone must have recommended it and I forgot it was single coil. Sheesh. I can lose anything anywhere heh
I'll check out the Intake and the 2nd. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread