Any Wyvern owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I just bought this for fun to dip my toes into rebuildables. Does anyone own one? What do you think?

I bought it primarily because the screws are on the side and a little easier to get to. and I'm quickly becoming really good at making my own coils.

Here's a link for reference...

Wyvern Rebuildable Atomizer

Thanks in advance.

bubbajoe72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
Big D, Texas
I have a Wyvern and it is a good little rba to get started with. It is very easy to set up and I like the vapor production I get from it. The posts make it easy to just "drop" your coil into the holes and screw them down. No need to wrap around posts and worry about pulling the coil when screwing it in.

Some people complain about the small airhole but I actually prefer it. This can be remedied by drilling it out a little larger - just use the smallest drill bit you can find and move up as needed.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I have a Wyvern and it is a good little rba to get started with. It is very easy to set up and I like the vapor production I get from it. The posts make it easy to just "drop" your coil into the holes and screw them down. No need to wrap around posts and worry about pulling the coil when screwing it in.

Some people complain about the small airhole but I actually prefer it. This can be remedied by drilling it out a little larger - just use the smallest drill bit you can find and move up as needed.

Thanks for the insight. I am assuming the smaller air hole just means a tighter draw?

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Thanks for the insight. I am assuming the smaller air hole just means a tighter draw?

Yes, a small airhole makes for a tighter draw, and the if there isn't enough air getting to the coil AND the coil is running hot, it may overheat. I have two DUD's, one with a 1.5mm hole and the other with the 1mm hole; The 1 mm unit can't be pushed as hard as as the 1.5mm unit, and also the vape itself from the 1.5mm is cooler, with less of a TH unless you crank the voltage up.

Last edited:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
It's a fun lil atomizer. I had to put a drip tip o-ring to raise the air hole a bit.....way better vapor. Easy to build and you can do a lot of things with it.

Got bored and did a lil SS mesh with silica wick:
20121017_123323.jpg

20121017_123744.jpg

20121017_130222.jpg

Performs awesome and tastes the way a SS wick should. 32g Kanthal A-1 at 1.5ohm

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
I just recoiled mine for the first time. I've been too buys playing with and enjoying the Griffon I got with it :). Did a double strand of 3mm wick, and got a 2.2 ohm coil of Kanthal A1. The thing is a fog monster, great dripping capacity, and nice warm vapor and very good flavor. Gotta say, I'm really digging all these rebuildables.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
My first weekend with the wyvern was just kind of meh. I didn't have a bit small enough for the screws and I didn't want to risk stripping them so I just used the stock coil/wick. I will pick up a glasses kit and try it out with my own wick. I've been really enjoying using the cotton ball wicks in my other devices.

I've had a Wyvern for about a week now and I like it very much, I think I can get more drops in my Phoenix clone, but it depends on what wick I'm using. I haven't done but a couple of coils for the Wyvern yet, and didn't need to but I just like to play. I'm using 32 kanthal and 2.5 mm silica wick in it now and I like the combo. As I said I also have a Phoenix, a Vivi tank and a Did clone that should be here today. I never got into dripping much until I won a couple of dripping atty's on Vape Team live's vape wheel, I was immediately ruined. I had an old atty I had from and ego and 2 brand new ones that came with my lavatube. I promptly debridged them after I used the dripping atty's a while and put them into service. I really love my rebuildables now and hope I get along OK with the Did clone. OK, sorry I rambled a bit, but that's my atty story.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
So I have had it for about 2 weeks now. At first, I hated it. Much too airy of a draw for me, but tons of throat hit. I found that you have to take a hard drag off this atty. One you figure the right draw, it really opens up. I guess I was hitting it like a clearo, like as if I was being careful not to flood the coil. After a couple days I had to try my own wick and coil. I figured out running one end of the wick up the tank and the other down really gives great results.

I have to say I really like the wyvern now that I completely understand it. I was vaping a small sample bottle of AiV's Cupcake City last night and really enjoying it.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
I loved the Wyvern while it lasted. After a couple of weeks with it I noticed that the ohm readings from it were unstable. After lots of investigation I found that fluid had some how leaked into the bottom internals. I heated it with a torch and found fluid vaper escaping around the posts. I may have just gotten a bad one. I really liked it so I might order another one at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread