Anybody else gotten a mega-sore mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

googabee

Aug 28, 2010
Vermont
As I just mentioned in my teeth thread a minute ago, the only negative effects of vaping for me so far have been that on 3 occasions over the past year I've gotten a killer sore mouth either from getting some nic juice in there or thru an interaction between the joots and the wine I was consuming along with.

The most recent time was after boozlin' it up last thursday night. Drank a fair quantity of whisky/seltzers followed by about a bottle of chardonnay. The best I can recall I'd had white wine the last 2 times it happened as well.

Like I says, not sure if in my drunken state I was just unaware that I'd gotten some nic joots in my mouth or if it interacted with the wine in a bad way, though I lean towards the former.

In any case, the effect each time has been a seriously sucky sore mouth that lasts for days - same feeling as a bad sore throat but effecting the roof of the mouth, tongue, gums and below the tongue. Perhaps with a particularly bad effect on the salival glands. Seems I've some lymph nodes at the lower corners of the lips that become sore/enlarged as well.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking it has to be the nicotine because everything else is food grade stuff which should be harmless. Anyway, thankfully it's only occurred 3 times over a year of vaping, but the suckiness of the sore mouth is so bad that I think I'll be buying some nic-free joots pretty soon. The condition doesn't seem to be helped by any OTC sore throat stuff, but the ibufrofin may have helped.

What do yous guys think? Thanks.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Never had that problem and I not only drink wine, but homebrew the stuff. I would imagine that if it only happens when you vape and drink, and you vape the same stuff whether you are drinking or not, then there would be an interaction with the flavoring in your juice with the alcohol.

All of the stuff in juice is considered safe, but cinnimon can be dangerous as can sweet buttery flavors (popcorn lung!). I read a nice suggestion on one of the stickies around here, if you think you are having a reaction, see a doctor and switch to a medium nicotine, high vg, light to no flavor liquid. This might help, even if you only do so while drinking.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
Yep, but mine is mostly on my lips or right inside my lips. VpnDrgn is right about the dehydration which can really aggravate your throat. Another thing I've noticed is that I can have 4 different tobacco flavors from 4 different vendors and two will cause problems while the other two wont. So, unfortunately, it could be your juice choice. Might consider trying a different vendor. Also, some carts/cartos will leak juice in your mouth more than others, so might need a cleaning or toss. I've upped my teeth brushing and listerine gargleling and that has really helped.

Tracy68

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Australia
I'm currently taking a vitamin B 12 supplement (deficiency in this apparently can contribute to a sore mouth) and I've dropped my nic levels which "seems" to be helping.
Alcohol in itself causes dehydration so add that to the dehydrating effects of vaping and it's a recipe for dryness.
I'd get the salivary glands checked though if that happens again. My daughter ended up with a stone in her salivary duct, although I didn't "think" glands were so close to the lips? Hers were in the cheeks.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Tracy, if you are taking a b-vitamin please be careful to properly hydrate. It's 7 billion degrees outside and vaping as well as alcohol will dehydrate you. Although water soluble vitamins are generally considered safe, that is based on the assumption that you are getting enough water (most people don't and are chronically dehydrated). I have known someone who had a b-vitamin overdose. It is not pretty.

Everyone, please drink more water than you think you need, then double it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread