Anybody else STILL vaping a bit more than they should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Honestly, I thought after a time I'd cut back on the vaping after the first week or so, but I find myself vaping constantly some days. I don't get headaches or anything, and my throat and lungs feel fine, but I am surely vaping more than I smoked.

I have had the occasional bit of light-headedness, but nothing to be scared of, it happens very rarely.

Still, I need to figure something out, maybe put the e-cig in another room when I'm at home. Make myself vape outside. Get some really low mg juice and/or cut the stuff I have. I don't know.

I do plan on quitting, but with all these great flavors and the ease of use, I tend to hit this thing every five minutes or so when I'm at home. At work or out on the town, I use it more like a cigarette, but not at home, it's like glued to my lips.

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Honestly, I thought after a time I'd cut back on the vaping after the first week or so, but I find myself vaping constantly some days. I don't get headaches or anything, and my throat and lungs feel fine, but I am surely vaping more than I smoked.

I have had the occasional bit of light-headedness, but nothing to be scared of, it happens very rarely.

Still, I need to figure something out, maybe put the e-cig in another room when I'm at home. Make myself vape outside. Get some really low mg juice and/or cut the stuff I have. I don't know.

I do plan on quitting, but with all these great flavors and the ease of use, I tend to hit this thing every five minutes or so when I'm at home. At work or out on the town, I use it more like a cigarette, but not at home, it's like glued to my lips.

I know what you mean. I do know however that when I was smoking, quite often I would take a few drags then snub it, then come back in 30-45 minutes and finish it off then rinse and repeat. I am hitting it alot ( no cigs ) but I am not inhaling every time.

JSRLKelly

Feb 18, 2009
Texas, USA
I quit analogs 46 days ago... haven't looked back.

I agree that I thought that my vaping would taper off after the first couple of weeks, like with most new toys. I thought the "new" would wear off and I would use it like I used to smoke. Now, though, since I can vape in the house and the wife doesn't get mad because I don't smell like an ashtray, I vape all night in my office.

I work in IT, and seem to be constantly on the phone, and I'm now vaping at my desk. I did drop down to 11mg nic juice, and I can tell the difference using the 18mg carts for my Dura.

I used to smoke 2 analogs every hour or so, now I'm vaping constantly. I had to buy spare batteries to get through the day at work. I also just purchased a USB passthrough so I could have an 'emergency' stash that didn't need battery power.

At this rate, I don't think I'll be saving any money moving to vaping, but I feel 100% better than when I smoked. I really didn't think I felt bad then, but I can tell the difference in my lungs and chest after a 6 weeks.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
JSRLKelly: That's sort of my point, I guess. I feel great compared to when I smoked. Plus I can actually taste and smell things better (this is both good and bad), I don't get winded anymore, my house smells great, my clothes don't reek, and I'm noticing a difference in my skin tone and breath that is encouraging. I do cough a bit in the morning, but nothing like I used to, it's more of an aggravated cough.

I'm also not really seeing any savings, but even if vaping costs me the same or a bit more than analogs, I'm very happy with the results so far. I think I am going to try and do things a bit different, though, I don't want to keep my addiction to nicotine fully fueled, I want to stop at some point, but right now, I'm just enjoying it too much.

watertones

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2009
St. Paul, MN USA
I started vaping just to see what it was all about. After a few days I put down my analogs but noticed when I'm home all I do is vape. Vape in the living room, kitchne, when cooking, when walking from one room to another, getting the mail, inside, outside, etc. Even at work I'm starting to walk around and vape (I catch a ton of people by surprise even though they know it's an ecig). I'm just going to enjoy it for now and eventually try to cut back. :)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I don't feel I'm vaping too much, no... I'm only doing it almost constantly and enjoying it after all ;)

The one thing I do keep looking at, is if my total day-intake doesn't exceed my former nicotine-intake from analogs (and trying to slowly get that lower, which I partly have... however I'm doing that by lowering the nic mg, not by vaping less).
I think it's great that with these devices you actually have a choice... vape a lot, use low, or vape less, use a bit higher... (Or perhaps even better, I'm starting that too to see how it goes: use two strengths, one very low, other as a spike at 'cig-times').

Relax, you'll taper back. Part of it is filling the void of the familar routine of analog smoking. The other part is that the vapor is much smoother than smoke and there's no physical signal (sore throat, nasty taste, whatever) to trigger you to put it down for a bit. Not to mention the yummy flavor of your favorite juice.

I keep Zero juice for just that reaon, but I'm finding that as time goes by, I don't vape constantly like I did at the beginning. I've eased into a new routine.

As usual, this is my experience and opinon. Happy vaping!

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
The first few days, I was pretty much vaping the whole day.

Now, I'm not really doing it much at home. At work, I'm pretty much puffing non-stop, unless I'm in meetings or doing tours.

Usually, I get home from work, change, and put a couple of my batteries on to charge. I'll use one of the spares to vape after dinner and a little before bed.

Right before sleep, I take the two batteries I put on earlier off their chargers, and charge my other two overnight.

udave

ECF Veteran
I e-smoke the same as I did analogs... 'cept at nite when my sweetie goes to bed :evil:.

Then I vape practically straight for 3 hours. And none of this puff once put it down... it's puff puff puff puff puff pufffffffff. :cool:

It's all good in my book ;)

Exact same with me, as soon as my wife goes to bed I vape for at least 2-3 hours straight. Well, maybe a 5 minute break here and there but not many. I feel great though, and I use low nic juice cut with glycerine so I am not getting too much nicotine.

Ringo*

Feb 15, 2009
Bay Area, CA
This is day 3 for me and I certainly vape more often then I would smoke (although I was constantly pushing back each cigarette to minimize harm). Considering that I was smoking around 1/2 pack a day, I have done the math to try and regulate my nicotine intake. As it stands, I smoke around 1.5ml a day. If my math is correct, that means my juice needs to be around 6-7mg so that is what I've cut it to using pg, vg, and lorann flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread