Anybody still using carto tanks!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technohydra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Nebraska, USA
It doesn't work like that, IMO. You don't hear from the carto tank crowd all that much, but there is still a large one out there. Simple reason; with a carto tank, there are a lot fewer variables to deal with, so folks find their formula and pretty much are good. No rebuildi g, no getting a new wick to work with a new juice, just fill and vape. If you want fire and forget, relatively trouble free vaping, carto tanks are that. The downside is that you can't rebuild and rewick to fine tune your vaping, and that's where the rba / rda appeal comes in. Rebuildables also usually provide more intense flavors and throat hits with bigger clouds, so some have switched for those reasons. Carto tanks will probably never die, simply because they are consistant, satisfying, and easy to manage.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
There are Sooo many carto folks that never even get on these forums. I know quite a handfull that have been vaping way before I started and they have stuck with what works.

I also beleive IBTanks does so much buisness that they have started to wholesale to vape shops. I think Im right on that statement...read that somewhere.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I have never tried the cartotank however, that will soon change. Just recently came across an inexpensive Cartotank/Mod 2 n 1 set up that I plan on trying .. figure it would make a good beater mod since it's cheap, and I will have have the opportunity to give the cartotank a try... so it's good to hear that its not out of style :p

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
The new batch of clearos are getting close to carto tanks in performance but I still prefer cartos. Not quite as convenient as a clearo to start but more consistant and still a better vape. I'm sure there's much to be said for the rebuildables but honestly it looks like so much more work and not as easy or convenient when away from home

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Picked up a 10-pack of cartos and a generic/knock-off DCT pyrex tank from Fasttech a while back since it was the cheapest option for me at the time to vape my plastic tank-cracking flavors. I'm very surprised at how long each one of them lasts. They have very good flavor, solid vapor production and a "warmness" to the throat hit that my other setups don't have. Not that it's good vs. bad, just different. Refilling is a bit messy but a full tank lasts me at least a couple of days of near constant use if I'm sticking with one flavor.

edit: it's the silver one on top of the black iTaste VV Express, 2nd from left in avatar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread