Anychance for an 18650 alpha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recht

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Reading PA
I'm pretty sure the the 17670 fails. I know personally i haven't bought the apex alpha just because of that battery....Not being able to run an 18650 is the only reason i haven't honestly...as im sure alot of people feel this way that i know.

So is there any chance we will be seeing a slightly larger 18650 alpha with a res? I mean it will still be able to stick rcr123s and 16340s for people that feel the need to do "6v" or higher....plus the bigger res would hold even more.

Just my thoughts on this issue...

(18650 ultramax would be total win.....)

This is nothing against the design of the other units by anymeans, but if you are gunna make it fit the 17670 why not just make it 1.1mm larger to except most 18650s? Im guessing there was a reason in the design nate, but i personally feel that the 18650 should be the standard "large" battery tube mod size, but that's just me...I own a few of the AW P series batteries and i understand the amperage draw is fine for LR bu the LiMn battery chemisty just works better at this point...great performance until it dies compared to the slow drop off of a normal LiMn is far more satisfying personally.

Last edited:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Wait, 18650 doesn't fit in the Ultramax? (I've only been running mine at 6v) but I thought 18650 was slightly smaller than two LifePO4 batteries stacked... now I have to dig out my IMR's lol

Edit: Yeah... my AW IMR 3.7v 18650's are roughly 1mm shorter than two LifePO4's stacked. (I can't use my caliper to check exact size as it is metal and will cause my batteries to blow up...)

Edit 2: Nevermind, the 18650's are too wide... lol go me.

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
SuperUltraUberVariMax w/ 1 gallon Res.
32950 8000mah battery.
That should be just about right.:2cool:

This one will come with a custom carry backpack instead of case :) It will just have a hookah hose with a button attached that hangs over your shoulder like the straw on a camelback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread