Anyone been able to make anything like riskee juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I have the same idea. When i get the chance i'm going to experiment. Maybe with some Toasted Toffee Kick juice. I picked up some Lorann caramel flavor and that's not too bad.

What did you mix your caramel with? The toffee sounds interesting as well. I love my riskee juice, but know that if I can find the "recipe" or something close, I can save some $$$, which is what I need to do :)

F marks the spot

Feb 13, 2009
I read that riskee yuice is somewhat similar to RY from janty; which is a combo of caramel and vanilla.

So my suggestion would be (for a single mini m401 cart):

-2 drops of caramel food flavoring
-2 drops of vanilla food flavoring
-4 drops of VG

I like to leave PG out as it may cause allergic reactions. As for distilled water, I leave it out as well as the food flavorings dilute the VG enough for the consistency of the juice to be just right.

Works well for me... except that I get little or no throat hit without nicotine. But I am gonna try the lorann flavors as I read that it is potent enough to produce a good throat hit.

Any comments on my simple "recipe"?

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
So here's my first attempt -

2 parts 555 18mg (Kick juice)
2 parts Vanilla 18mg (Kick juice)
4 parts VG
1 part LorAnn Caramel
1 part LorAnn Cheescake
1 part water.

I've been using this for a few days now. I like it, not quite riskee but it is still good. A little sweeter and not quite so carameli.
Has very good vapor, i think if i done this again (which i probably will) i'd use two parts caramel instead of 1 caramel and 1 cheesecake. Havent got any english toffee yet. Maybe that is the oen to use since everybody says it is a stronger flavor.

All in all a good first attempt.

As far as nic content goes, i'm not vaping any more with this than i do with straight 18mg, go figure :confused:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Whatever it is, I think its just a combination of a couple of the flavors that they stock, although I'll have to try it myself soon. From what I've heard and read, I would think that it might be a combination of vanilla, chocolate, and french pipe, with vanilla being the predominant ingredient.

Last edited:

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Dchrist, interesting thoughts on the mix. I have some 36mg french pipe coming from steve, and a 4ml of chocolate 18mg kick juice from Katy.
I'm planning to mix the french pipe down to 18mg anyway so i'll try some small batch mixes to see what i can come up with.

Will post results in this thread.

Momswann ...... have fun playing with the flavors.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
My lorann flavors are due to arrive tomorrow. I get to play chemist and I'll let you all know if I come up with anything. Of course, I'll be using 36 mg riskee juice as my base for the nicotine. Seems like I just need to come up w/ the right flavorings to beef the flavor back up once I dilute it with VG.

Hi momswann,
I diluted Riskee up to 1/4 and still can taste the great Riskee flavor..it's pretty powerful flavor (the strength reminds me of that yucky Pina Colada that took ages to get off my atomizer & is still sitting my fridge.. forever)

In comparison I diluted Marlboro 1/2 or even 1/3 and lost all signs of the flavor!

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Dchrist, interesting thoughts on the mix. I have some 36mg french pipe coming from steve, and a 4ml of chocolate 18mg kick juice from Katy.
I'm planning to mix the french pipe down to 18mg anyway so i'll try some small batch mixes to see what i can come up with.

Will post results in this thread.

Momswann ...... have fun playing with the flavors.

After actually trying it I have to disagree with my original post, which was just based on what I had heard from other people. Now I'm thinking it's either one of, or a combination of butterscotch, butter rum, toffee, caramel (and maybe vanilla). Butterscotch, toffee, and caramel are all very similar since they are made from pretty much the same ingredients so it's really hard to put my finger on it, but it's definitely something like that. Although I haven't tried the french pipe either yet so I can't say if that would help or not, but for me riskee juice doesn't really have a tobacco or smokey taste to it.

Oh, and it's Crist not Christ, but if you want to worship me that's cool, as a hippie I do look a lot like Jesus. Just please knock me out first if you're going to nail me to a cross, and for god's sake leave my damn clothes on. Literally for god's sake - the dude wouldn't be too chill with me strolling through the gates of heaven in a cloth diaper.

Last edited:

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Hi momswann,
I diluted Riskee up to 1/4 and still can taste the great Riskee flavor..it's pretty powerful flavor (the strength reminds me of that yucky Pina Colada that took ages to get off my atomizer & is still sitting my fridge.. forever)

In comparison I diluted Marlboro 1/2 or even 1/3 and lost all signs of the flavor!

I haven't tried just diluting it. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

momswann

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
You tried the butter rum, does that taste anything like butterscotch or riskee juice?

The butter rum does taste like butterscotch. Quite delicious, but not riskee juice.... I could maybe see adding a drop or two to "riskee" like juice...but it's quite lovely on it's own. My first stab at riskee included caramel, vanilla with a base of riskee. I put way too much caramel for riskee juice, so my next batch I may make vanilla the primary flavor with a hint of caramel..we'll see.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
The butter rum does taste like butterscotch. Quite delicious, but not riskee juice.... I could maybe see adding a drop or two to "riskee" like juice...but it's quite lovely on it's own. My first stab at riskee included caramel, vanilla with a base of riskee. I put way too much caramel for riskee juice, so my next batch I may make vanilla the primary flavor with a hint of caramel..we'll see.

You really get that much of a vanilla flavor with it when you taste it? I feel like vanilla is a very small component if it's even in it at all. When I taste riskee juice I taste something more along the lines of hard toffee.

Kamanjah

ECF Veteran
Momswann - what did you think about the French Pipe? I got mine today, and after about 4 hits, it reminded me of when I was little and got smothered by hugs from loving aunts! Too much perfume for me! I've stuck to the tobacco flavors, 555 & Tobacco Road from Jane and JC's Original Tobacco and Tennessee Cure. TheSmokeSafe sent me a RY4 sample that I love, it's my favorite.

I'm looking for ideas to tone down the French Pipe instead of relegating it to a far corner of the fridge - forever.

Jaaxx suggested "cutting it down with some straight PG and then cover it with Lorann flavoring. Toffee might do the trick."

I just ordered toffee, butter rum and a few other flavors from Lorann earlier this week, so maybe I can salvage it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread