anyone drill holes instead of using a carto punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I like using a tank system when I'm at work. I also like a higher VG ratio in my mixes. The highest VG I've mixed has been 80% VG which I can only vape with an atty.
Right now I'm using a 50-50 VG PG mix in my tank and I drilled the pre holed tank carto with a 5/64 bit on my drill press and it works great. When I use up my juice I plan on mixing up a 70% VG juice and seeing if that will work in my tank or maybe drill a larger hole.

I've seen where some people punch multiple holes but I'm wondering if it work better with a larger single hole.

Any thoughts? Anyone else try this?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I use high VG nicquids, also. When I use my tanks I've either bought the flanged, pre-drilled cartos or, using a Dremel with a carbide, pointed, tapered grinding bit, drilled into the blank cartos. I've also punched holes. In the end, it's all about how I feel like opening the side. I had the least luck with cutting with a Dremel cut-off wheel. Seemed to damage the filler. Shallow depth and precision are keys. If the drill press and bit work for you, I say vape on, Vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread