anyone else become the go to person at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
I somehow have become the defacto go to guy at work. I'm in a visible area kind of in the middle of the hub of movement. I'm able to answer questions and let others try my stuff and have a few loaner and oh crap I forgot my mod egos. I'm also one they come to to show their setup and ask what I think. it's all been egos and ego clones with odd tanks. they seen to work ok but have some problems with dry hits and or gurgling. I can usually sort out the issue and get them going again and also recommend their next step.

the last two that had me check out their new gear they got on their own really surprised me. one came over with an emow starter kit with a nice adjustable airflow tank and extra coils. he had it with a 1.5 coil,4.2 volts and the airflow all the way open. it was working great. a very good starter kit for around 65 dollars.

the next guy showed me his new setup which was the aspire premium kit with a mini nautilus , cf battery and extra coils. another great way to go for about 75 or so.

I now have two kits that I can recommend. no need for them to start out with a cheap blister pack as they make good money. one of shift would yield enough to buy a kayfun and a provari. at any pay scale these kits are a good investment and will get you off of cigs and save a lot of money.

anyone else that guy? obtw we're hiring

FRSguy

Oct 8, 2014
Wrightwood, Ca
Yeah I am beginning to become that guy...lol. Most of the people here vapce and we can vape in the office however I have noticed that most that vape did so by walking in to a shop and then they go back to it to get the same juice each and every time and of course coils... some have not updated their stuff in like 2 years or more so I am kind of like trying to show them that there is a lot more to be had in it so to speak and hopefully drum up some local business for the B&M I go to.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I have been that guy for about a year. As a paramedic on an offshore deep water drilling unit I am the only trained medical professional here to take care of up to 150 personnel.

I was fairly new to vaping when I came out here but met up with a guy that works for Oceaneering as a Remotely operated vehicle tech that loaned me some juice and afew coils. Before we knew it we had a tackle box full of tanks, clearos, kanger evods, cartos, springs, coils, unwanted juices and ego batteries.

After 6pm I would lock the door to the infirmary and we had what we dubbed "The Players Lounge". Guys would run out of smokes or want to try vaping and we were the go to source. I started buy 10 packs of EGOs and EVods from fasttech and dekang juice by the gallon. We never made any money, we never wanted too. We did become friends and made a lot of friends along the way.

Its settled down now. I dont have many more egos laying around, but I will gladly loan out one of my two MVPs and a tank on occasion.

I have probably done more to save lives out here by handing out vaping gear than I ever will as a paramedic.

Its funny, my Oceaneering buddy Duane called me around December 15th and I went to meet him and we exchanged gifts. He was vaping bomber Betty out of a tobh dripper on a giant 26650 pioneer4you 7 twenty two mod. He is on his way to my dads house to drop it off for me now that he has a new box mod.

I never made any long friends that I met from smoking cigarettes.

kkahmann

Nov 6, 2014
Jumbos Cove,On,Can
I can relate to Danbrooks.

I'm the Safety guy on a logging crew--I used to be in production so unlike a lot of safety guys I get along pretty well with the crew. I'm also the oldest guy out there and native communities accord some respect to elders.

I often think I have done more for the overall health of the guys by sharing vapeing gear and what little I have learned than I have by making sure they keep their hard hats on.

I have only been at this for 2 months now but already have 4 guys fixed up with Kanger Emows and Aspire beginner kits--and I know there are 8 or 10 others who are keeping an eye on us. 2 guys are completely off the analogs and the rest of us are down to just 3 to 5 a day.

Vape On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread