Anyone else drinking less coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
I've been vaping for about 4-1/2 months now and I have noticed that for at least the last month I have been drinking significantly less coffee. I used to (when smoking) brew a 5-mug pot in the morning, my wife would have 1 mug, I would have a couple during the morning, finish off a couple more in the afternoon, then brew up another 2 or 3 mug pot after the evening news and drink that through the evening until I went to bed (caffeine didn't seem to keep me awake).

Lately I haven't been brewing that 2nd pot in the evening and I'm even discarding the last cup in the 1st pot.

Since I am vaping a lot, and I certainly enjoy it more than smoking, I'm wondering if I am using nicotine as a direct replacement for the caffeine that I am no longer consuming.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
I am still drinking the same amount of coffee; however, since my taste has improved I do not enjoy it as much; taste more bitter to me than when I was smoking. This is the one thing I miss the about smoking; drinking coffee and smoking. I like vaping better with just about everything, including drinking. However, many people will probably disagree with me, but I liked smoking while drinking coffee significantly more compared to vaping and drinking coffee.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am still drinking the same amount of coffee; however, since my taste has improved I do not enjoy it as much; taste more bitter to me than when I was smoking. This is the one thing I miss the about smoking; drinking coffee and smoking. I like vaping better with just about everything, including drinking. However, many people will probably disagree with me, but I liked smoking while drinking coffee significantly more compared to vaping and drinking coffee.

That's interesting, mwahle,
I enjoy my morning coffee (1/2 caf) while I vape, but not as much as when I smoked. In the evenings, however, I LOVE vaping with my decaf. It is my favorite time to vape. We are all unique, no?

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
That's interesting, mwahle,
I enjoy my morning coffee (1/2 caf) while I vape, but not as much as when I smoked. In the evenings, however, I LOVE vaping with my decaf. It is my favorite time to vape. We are all unique, no?

Yes, we all are unique; if we were not it would be a boring world:).

I am actually vaping and drinking coffee as I write this. It is not that I do not like it; I just do not enjoy it as much.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I'm definitely drinking a little less coffee now, but it's because the caffeine seems to be affecting me more than it did when I smoked analogs. I'm used to drinking coffee morning, noon, and night...now it's more like morning, and maybe 1 or 2 cups in the late afternoon/early evening. Any more than that, and I get a little anxious. Darn it.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
12 cups or more a day. Every day. For years.

Vaping didn't dampen that coffee intake at all. Shoot, given the price of coffee I almost wish it would!

Sense of taste improves after stopping smoking so if the coffee doesn't taste as good now, mebbe wash the coffee pot? :D
12 cups?.....I thought I was bad with 4 or 5....LOL...Still no decrease for me since I started vaping....roughly the same as when I smoked!

:)The Wiz!

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
12 cups or more a day. Every day. For years.

Vaping didn't dampen that coffee intake at all. Shoot, given the price of coffee I almost wish it would!

Sense of taste improves after stopping smoking so if the coffee doesn't taste as good now, mebbe wash the coffee pot? :D

Hmm... just had a cup (5 minutes ago) while vaping & watching the Olympics (we picked up a silver in Nordic Combined - All Right!!). Was paying enough attention to the coffee to notice it tasted better than I remember from pre-ecig days. I think what I'm cutting out is a lot of the sip-cool-reheat-repeat cups I used to drink without paying much attention to what I was actually drinking. And I know I am drinking more water lately to avoid the dehydrating effects of vg/pg, but I also know that for a couple months at least that it was "in addition" to coffee, more than "instead of".

and Yes - at the price of coffee I won't complain about drinking less

Agentaaron

Mar 2, 2010
The Q
I still drink plenty of liquids, although, I've noticed that I've been rummaging through grandma's medicine cabinet less frequently, lol. I'm afraid that drinking will make me want to smoke.

...rummaging through grandmas medicine cabinet?

...drinking coffee was always a trigger of mine, but I have done very well with vaping while sipping a cup of joe. As for drinking other things...I am an avid homebrewer and have stacks and stacks of cases of beer (either ready to drink or in some stage of lagering/aging, and typically have 2-3 5 gallon fermenters cranking away at any given time. I have never been a big smoker when I drink which is good because it destroys the flavor of a great beer :)

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
I've been vaping for about 4-1/2 months now and I have noticed that for at least the last month I have been drinking significantly less coffee. I used to (when smoking) brew a 5-mug pot in the morning, my wife would have 1 mug, I would have a couple during the morning, finish off a couple more in the afternoon, then brew up another 2 or 3 mug pot after the evening news and drink that through the evening until I went to bed (caffeine didn't seem to keep me awake).

Lately I haven't been brewing that 2nd pot in the evening and I'm even discarding the last cup in the 1st pot.

Since I am vaping a lot, and I certainly enjoy it more than smoking, I'm wondering if I am using nicotine as a direct replacement for the caffeine that I am no longer consuming.

I am like you, my coffee consumption dropped about 50%-60% when I was vaping probably due to the sweetness of my e-liquid (I used peach flavor) and I chained-vaped until the 4th/5th month. Once I lowered my vaping frequency, my coffee consumption increases. My theory is (TB Hypothesis) :

Vaping Frequency (VF) is Inversely Proportional to Coffee Consumption (CC)

I had already get used to having coffee (caffeine) without nicotine (analog). Thinking back, when I was a smoker, why: coffee + cigarette (Caffeine + Nicotine) are such a good potent combination for smoker? Both contains the world best anti-depression agents?

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
I too have noticed I drink less coffee, much less...I always had about 6-8 strong coffees a day, and loved a smoke with them, but now I have one in the morning and one at night... and usually find I dont even finish my night one.

I have been drinking much less alcohol too, I don't know if that is related.

I will have to be careful, I might get accidently healthy, not good for my image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread