The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

anyone else have problems with Blended TAB in eGo Cartomizers?

Discussion in 'Good Prophets' started by bpaulette, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bpaulette

bpaulette Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    First of all, I freakin LOVE the eGo cartomizers. They hold so much juice, great performance, etc... And of course, the TAB is just... the bomb

But I'm starting to wonder if there's something about the Blended TAB that doesn't do well in these things. 3 days in a row, I've loaded the VG Blended TAB into a fresh eGo Cartomizer, and each of them starts off great (fantastic even), then starts giving me a very weird burned taste after just a couple hours of use

I thought it was a fluke at first, but its happened with 3 cartomizers in 3 days... and they're not exactly the cheapest cartos out there, so curious if anyone has any ideas on why it might be happening. That liquid a little more "gummy", perhaps doesn't wick quite as well? I dunno

(meanwhile, the cartos I've got loaded with Camel and 555 are still going strong after more than a week of use, refilled many times)

2. dirt2suck

dirt2suck Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Perhaps try to do a short refill after using just a short time.

Top it off a few times before hitting that burnt taste.

I can always replace the defective or bad ones.

3. bpaulette

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    nah rob, kind of you to offer, but I wasn't complaining for free stuff - heh - these are disposable, expendable goods here. we all understand that. and I don't think they're defective. they all vaped phenomenally for a while... Just seems like with that juice in particular, for whatever reason, it doesn't continue to wick well for long.

really was just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing with the TAB in that carto. I dig the experimentation. related question for you - the eGo maniac kit used to come with 2 510 attys... which one exactly is that, on your site? want to be thorough in testing em out but don't need more of that one atm

4. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Umm. The one available on the site now is with the eGo atomizer, but not the cylinder style....it is actually a tapered eGo atomizer.

The carts do hold less than the cylinder style...but still more than a reg 510 cart.

The eGo atoms put out a 'ton of vapor' as kalojado used to say (lol).
    Not so much high throat hit as a LR would,
    But a 'ton of vapor'......big clouds!!!

5. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Umm. The one available on the site now is with the eGo atomizer, but not the cylinder style....it is actually a tapered eGo atomizer.

The carts do hold less than the cylinder style...but still more than a reg 510 cart.

The eGo atoms put out a 'ton of vapor' as kalojado used to say (lol).
    Not so much high throat hit as a LR would,
    But a 'ton of vapor'......big clouds!!!

6. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    I may have to rephrase that....just let me know?

7. bpaulette

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    no, I meant which one did I receive a few weeks ago with the kit? The kit came with two standard-size atomizers... Are they the 3.0 ohm Spare atomizer or the Joye 510 atomizer ? I want to try em all (so may try the other, whichever that is), but don't want to accidentally buy more of that particular atty. hope that makes sense

8. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Oh, ok, that makes more sense, sorry.

The one in the kit was the Joye 510 atomizer.

So, the GP510 atomizers would be the ones you have not tried.
    And possibly the Joye LR 510 atomizer.

The GP LR 510, some say is better for VG and is more of a sweet spot since the resistance is a bit higher than the Joyes LR @ 1.7-2.0 ohm.
    The gP510 LR is 2.5ohm
    The Reg Joye 510 is around 3.0

9. kalojado

kalojado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2009
    Dayton, Ohio Area
    Lol, I would say that... or "a ton, ton, ton of vapor" lmao. I have caught myself saying that on more than one occasion... but its the truth!!! :)

10. kalojado

kalojado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2009
    Dayton, Ohio Area
    Also to note, you will know it is a Joye LR atty if it has a small "lr" on the bottom of the threads. I have learned to keep my LR attys and regular attys in different bags to keep them straight :)

11. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Yes, true LR Joyes do have the "LR" stamp, but GP510 you cant tell the difference.

For that, I will say LR will always give a different flavor. even if they are old.
    regular atomizers will always give more flavor but a bit less vapor.

LR will give more of a "hit" or umph than flavor. Sometimes flavor doesnt show with LR's

12. bpaulette

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    Yeah, I'm already a big fan of the GP LR's... have 6 of em!

Just want to get more variety, and wanted to go back to some regular-resistance for an option of more flavor. Just something about those Joye atty's that came with the kit - wasn't crazy about em. They flooded reaaaally easily, and frequently got a burned plastic taste (even after removing the silica wicking threads and the bridge). The GP LR's don't flood, and never get that weird taste (without removing anything). Hoping the standard resistance GP's are the same! (also gonna try some of the soft tip 510 cartos while I'm at it... if those are Rob's carto of choice, thats good enough for me - just waiting for the big juice release, and the order is on its way!)

13. Steve414

Steve414 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Milwaukee
    Do you have link to these I'm new the LRs do they hold a lot of juice

14. Steve414

Jul 24, 2010
    Milwaukee
    I plan on getting the ego usb and I would just like something to hold more juice and preform good. I have a kr808 usb for my work truck and I burn 18 drips in one cart in like 10min then they start to taste burnt. It is 5v so the some is crazy thick what I like but dripping this thing all the time is getting old.

15. bpaulette

Jul 27, 2010
    midwest
    Well, here's the LR atty I was talking about: Regular and LR Low Resistance Spare GP510 Atomizer

But no, they don't hold much juice - I use these exclusively for dripping

Sounds like you're after portability and capacity more than anything... the eGo cartomizers (that we were talking about at first, in this thread) might be your best bet.
    eGo Empty or Prefilled Cartomizer for Joye eGo
    They hold 2ml of juice, and have AWESOME performance for the most part (the only issue I've had is they occasionally stop wicking prematurely, but I've ONLY had this happen when using the Blended TAB, whether thats incidental, i have no idea)

They're tricky to fill, and require the Refill Tool, ... not the sort of thing you can just pop open and add a few more drops while you're on the go... which is the biggest downside. But if you fill ahead of time, and have a couple full back-ups ready to roll, you'd be good (theoretically). Worth trying, if you're going to get an eGo anyway.

You might also try the eGo atomizer: eGo Atomizer for Joye eGo
    This would be the highest-capacity 3-piece setup, I believe... the cartridges for these can also hold 2ml. I wasn't crazy about these, but some people love em!

16. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    bp, that was the write up!

17. Steve414

Jul 24, 2010
    Milwaukee
    Good deal thanks a lot that was great!!

18. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    I just emailed you 414, but found out that this might just be better for reference:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.