anyone else have problems with Blended TAB in eGo Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
First of all, I freakin LOVE the eGo cartomizers. They hold so much juice, great performance, etc... And of course, the TAB is just... the bomb

But I'm starting to wonder if there's something about the Blended TAB that doesn't do well in these things. 3 days in a row, I've loaded the VG Blended TAB into a fresh eGo Cartomizer, and each of them starts off great (fantastic even), then starts giving me a very weird burned taste after just a couple hours of use

I thought it was a fluke at first, but its happened with 3 cartomizers in 3 days... and they're not exactly the cheapest cartos out there, so curious if anyone has any ideas on why it might be happening. That liquid a little more "gummy", perhaps doesn't wick quite as well? I dunno

(meanwhile, the cartos I've got loaded with Camel and 555 are still going strong after more than a week of use, refilled many times)

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
nah rob, kind of you to offer, but I wasn't complaining for free stuff - heh - these are disposable, expendable goods here. we all understand that. and I don't think they're defective. they all vaped phenomenally for a while... Just seems like with that juice in particular, for whatever reason, it doesn't continue to wick well for long.

really was just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing with the TAB in that carto. I dig the experimentation. related question for you - the eGo maniac kit used to come with 2 510 attys... which one exactly is that, on your site? want to be thorough in testing em out but don't need more of that one atm

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Umm. The one available on the site now is with the eGo atomizer, but not the cylinder style....it is actually a tapered eGo atomizer.

The carts do hold less than the cylinder style...but still more than a reg 510 cart.

The eGo atoms put out a 'ton of vapor' as kalojado used to say (lol).
Not so much high throat hit as a LR would,
But a 'ton of vapor'......big clouds!!!

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Umm. The one available on the site now is with the eGo atomizer, but not the cylinder style....it is actually a tapered eGo atomizer.

The carts do hold less than the cylinder style...but still more than a reg 510 cart.

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
no, I meant which one did I receive a few weeks ago with the kit? The kit came with two standard-size atomizers... Are they the 3.0 ohm Spare atomizer or the Joye 510 atomizer ? I want to try em all (so may try the other, whichever that is), but don't want to accidentally buy more of that particular atty. hope that makes sense

Last edited:

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Oh, ok, that makes more sense, sorry.

The one in the kit was the Joye 510 atomizer.

So, the GP510 atomizers would be the ones you have not tried.
And possibly the Joye LR 510 atomizer.

The GP LR 510, some say is better for VG and is more of a sweet spot since the resistance is a bit higher than the Joyes LR @ 1.7-2.0 ohm.
The gP510 LR is 2.5ohm
The Reg Joye 510 is around 3.0

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area

Lol, I would say that... or "a ton, ton, ton of vapor" lmao. I have caught myself saying that on more than one occasion... but its the truth!!! :)

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
Oh, ok, that makes more sense, sorry.

The one in the kit was the Joye 510 atomizer.

So, the GP510 atomizers would be the ones you have not tried.
And possibly the Joye LR 510 atomizer.

The GP LR 510, some say is better for VG and is more of a sweet spot since the resistance is a bit higher than the Joyes LR @ 1.7-2.0 ohm.
The gP510 LR is 2.5ohm
The Reg Joye 510 is around 3.0

Also to note, you will know it is a Joye LR atty if it has a small "lr" on the bottom of the threads. I have learned to keep my LR attys and regular attys in different bags to keep them straight :)

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Yes, true LR Joyes do have the "LR" stamp, but GP510 you cant tell the difference.

For that, I will say LR will always give a different flavor. even if they are old.
regular atomizers will always give more flavor but a bit less vapor.

LR will give more of a "hit" or umph than flavor. Sometimes flavor doesnt show with LR's

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Yeah, I'm already a big fan of the GP LR's... have 6 of em!

Just want to get more variety, and wanted to go back to some regular-resistance for an option of more flavor. Just something about those Joye atty's that came with the kit - wasn't crazy about em. They flooded reaaaally easily, and frequently got a burned plastic taste (even after removing the silica wicking threads and the bridge). The GP LR's don't flood, and never get that weird taste (without removing anything). Hoping the standard resistance GP's are the same! (also gonna try some of the soft tip 510 cartos while I'm at it... if those are Rob's carto of choice, thats good enough for me - just waiting for the big juice release, and the order is on its way!)

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Well, here's the LR atty I was talking about: Regular and LR Low Resistance Spare GP510 Atomizer

But no, they don't hold much juice - I use these exclusively for dripping

Sounds like you're after portability and capacity more than anything... the eGo cartomizers (that we were talking about at first, in this thread) might be your best bet.
eGo Empty or Prefilled Cartomizer for Joye eGo
They hold 2ml of juice, and have AWESOME performance for the most part (the only issue I've had is they occasionally stop wicking prematurely, but I've ONLY had this happen when using the Blended TAB, whether thats incidental, i have no idea)

They're tricky to fill, and require the Refill Tool, ... not the sort of thing you can just pop open and add a few more drops while you're on the go... which is the biggest downside. But if you fill ahead of time, and have a couple full back-ups ready to roll, you'd be good (theoretically). Worth trying, if you're going to get an eGo anyway.

You might also try the eGo atomizer: eGo Atomizer for Joye eGo
This would be the highest-capacity 3-piece setup, I believe... the cartridges for these can also hold 2ml. I wasn't crazy about these, but some people love em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread