Anyone else here have an appreciation for modern firearms..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
So I'm looking to see if I can slightly merge my two main online forum interests; e-cigs and guns. If I'm cruising forums and I'm not here, chances are I'm over at the akfiles.

So, who else here is "into" boomsticks? They could be any style, but personally; I'm a Kalashniphile.

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Colt M1911 owner, here along with Remington 1187 and some 32cal and 22cal plinkers. Enough ammo to make quite a few liberals wish they hadn't come to take my firearms, if it ever comes to that. Otherwise, the home is protected from intruders and I can bag a buck if I get the taste for some venison. One of my best friends could talk all day about tactical weapons and such. I'm not that inclined to own anything combat-ready. I really haven't seen a need or desire to launch an attack or defend any cause with deadly force.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
No no no... I was just pointing you to an area with a potentially larger (and much livelier) audience!!!

Ok, I misunderstood.

In that case, thank you. :)

edit: after speaking with a mod and per their suggestion, I think it's in the right sub-forum and we'll leave it here. ;)

Last edited:

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Colt M1911 owner, here along with Remington 1187 and some 32cal and 22cal plinkers. Enough ammo to make quite a few liberals wish they hadn't come to take my firearms, if it ever comes to that. Otherwise, the home is protected from intruders and I can bag a buck if I get the taste for some venison. One of my best friends could talk all day about tactical weapons and such. I'm not that inclined to own anything combat-ready. I really haven't seen a need or desire to launch an attack or defend any cause with deadly force.

Nice little collection. :) As for "tactical weapons", it's not about a "need or desire to launch an attack or defend any cause with deadly force", it's about what you like and have a right to own, (forget about "need", it's not The Bill of Needs ;) ).

E.g. I find this beautiful, on a few different levels:

sxbb.jpg

^ My "Khyber Pass" rifle; built from a Polish PMKMS kit on a Nodak Spud receiver with a Tula Russian side-folding stock. She's one of my absolute favorites.

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How about bringing a thread back to page one :)

Guns are evil and scary and kill innocent baby unicorns!!!! Dang ol' American's clinging to their constitution and their guns!!!

SO, since we hear that same thing all the time when the subject is brought up, here's a couple of mine :)

Two of a Kind by Mezzio, on Flickr
Sig Scorpion 1911 & my girlfriends Sig p238 Rainbow

Ammo by Mezzio, on Flickr
Springfield XD-S (my EDC), was lucky enough to get one almost immediately after they were released. It's not "customized" with the slide coated in Leupold Brown Gunkote and TFO sights.

Sig p229 .40 (click image for full size)

I'd post the rest up, but unfortunately I only have them on Facebook. I also have a Remington 870 12g, Rock River Arms AR15 (completely customized now), and my latest acquisition, a Ruger SR22... perfect time since you can't find .22 ammo anywhere huh? lol

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
(home defense)
1) Shotgun: Mossberg 500, 18" barrel, top fold stock, light mounted
2) .38 Special (Rohm- the original Saturday Night Special LOL)

Wife's HD: Beretta U22 Neos

(Punching paper)
1) Ruger 10/22 with Archangel Deluxe Target stock 12x scope
2) Ruger 10/22 custom build from ground up using a Nordic Components chassis and AR-15 furniture

(Zombie killing)
1) DPMS AR-15 with Magpul adjustable stock, free float handguard, 3lb trigger, Primary Arms compact 3x scope
2) Backup zombie killer still in the works, will be another AR-15 that I'm building to be as lightweight as possible- I have all the parts in hand, just waiting for a custom engraved billet lower to be delivered.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I wonder what you mean by "modern" firearms. The newest I own is of mid-1960s manufacture. Don't think I've even shot anything newer than the 1970s. I'd be interested in firing an FN P90, but most of the other new ones don't excite my curiosity.

All that I own are now sitting in a safety deposit box in another state. I bought them lightly used, used them a bit, and then saw they were beginning to appreciate in value, so I kept them rather than trading them in when something new caught my eye. Those which weren't appreciating in value got traded. I must have instinctive good taste because the ones I liked the most were the ones I ended up keeping, and the ones I didn't particularly like were never worth more than what I paid for them.

Don't know if any of you watch movies, but if you see a firearm in a movie and wonder what it is, or want to know more about it, check it out on Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games It's a great site.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Nice little collection. :) As for "tactical weapons", it's not about a "need or desire to launch an attack or defend any cause with deadly force", it's about what you like and have a right to own, (forget about "need", it's not The Bill of Needs ;) ).

E.g. I find this beautiful, on a few different levels:

sxbb.jpg

^ My "Khyber Pass" rifle; built from a Polish PMKMS kit on a Nodak Spud receiver with a Tula Russian side-folding stock. She's one of my absolute favorites.

I too find the beauty in that! Very nice looking rifle there!

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I wonder what you mean by "modern" firearms. The newest I own is of mid-1960s manufacture. Don't think I've even shot anything newer than the 1970s. I'd be interested in firing an FN P90, but most of the other new ones don't excite my curiosity.

All that I own are now sitting in a safety deposit box in another state. I bought them lightly used, used them a bit, and then saw they were beginning to appreciate in value, so I kept them rather than trading them in when something new caught my eye. Those which weren't appreciating in value got traded. I must have instinctive good taste because the ones I liked the most were the ones I ended up keeping, and the ones I didn't particularly like were never worth more than what I paid for them.

Don't know if any of you watch movies, but if you see a firearm in a movie and wonder what it is, or want to know more about it, check it out on Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games It's a great site.

any pictures of your favorites? Would love to see them.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
any pictures of your favorites? Would love to see them.

Detailed pics of mine are in my insurance agent's files. I'm sort of an "out of sight, out of mind" person, and since it isn't sensible for me to have them around, I don't have pictures to remind me. And I'm glad I didn't take pics of some I've owned because every time I looked at them I'd be kicking myself for selling them.

I don't have anything custom or even customized.
Browning Medalist .22 LR
Colt Woodsman .22LR
Colt M1911
Colt 1908
and a couple of less interesting ones.

ThetaReactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
GA, USA
I suppose the most modern design I've got is a Kel-Tec PF-9 for carry, but I don't have any pics because it's a very plain thing. Utterly practical but not much to look at. I have carried my FN Hi-Power .40 on occasion, and it's a terribly pretty piece with the polished blue finish and custom Cocobolo grips. But then, it's a slightly modern tweak of an eighty year old design.

hp-sfs.jpg

Zombies will meet the lightweight AR or
The Chinese AK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread