• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone else notice Costco Online....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I had the chance last montreal vape meeting to try one of the Costco NV e-cigars, was funny and weird vaping on it at the same time because it's as big as a real cigar. Taste the same thing as the NV one they are selling in Mac's (couche-tard in quebec). Yes they are 0 nic but still provide a nice throat hit and the flavor aren't that bad actually. They're disposable tho, so quite expensive.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
For those curious on the smoking NV I did a "mini" review on them all the way back in December 2011 here on ecf I got this system about two weeks of using the Fumma 808 system from the USA.

Now for those not wanting to click the link i will port over what i had said then:

Smoking NV first day (mini review)

Greetings and Salutations from Winnipeg. First off, i wish i could tell you fancy things about what i will discuss here, but i cannot. Still being a n00b, i dropped out of the forum, as i did indeed have the FUUMA E-cig (shipped form the usa to me). Second i have searched the sites over and never noticed a real review of it, only people saying they loved it, so i thought i would offer up my 10 cents and tell you what i think.
I will say quickly that being a Canadian who is a very heavy smoker (i can smoke two packs of McDonald A green pack, or Players non-filter easy, or two packs a day of Camel unfiltered and it would not bother me in the least), the FUUMA was very week, and after a week with it, turned out to be a epic fail and shelved. Mostly due to it not working and due to the fact i think i had a small allergy to the GP in it.

Now i understand there is different vapors out there for different people. Tell you the truth, i happen to like this one that looks like a smoke, and that i do not have to tinker with juices. Do not get me wrong, as there are different one's out there to satisfy what people like. By writing this, i am hoping it helps people a bit more who are curious about it, and note that i am not a reseller, nor do i get commission or have a vested interest with this company.
I am not sure but the packaging says all Canisters are made with Vegitable Glycerin, Water, Artifical flavors (like Vanilla)

~UNBOXING~

In a perfect world i could point you to a youtube video, but seeing as i was not thinking, and only had my tablet on hand, i did take screen shots to show my un-boxing in a chronological order. Aside from the silly paper sleeve the box goes inside, it would seem that the company was thinking about packaging and it's carbon foot print on the earth (so it would seem). Which is unique as in this day and age everything from McDonalds to Chevy seems to want to waste packaging and packaging space. The membership card (as i just looked at mine) says on the front: Smoke NV Club Member card then repeats the same thing in french. on the back however in English and french states what it is, and how it is not restricted to the non smoking laws (aces to me. seeing as i am 39 with long hair, the security boys love to tail me in Portage Place Mall and City Center....i want to give them something to do a proverbial slap in the face now.....library too =)) yeah i know that was mean to say sorry, i could not resist). You go get 3 Canisters of Canadian Flavor tobacco, the batter, a small pamplet on what it is and how to use, then the usb and wall charger. That is it in a nut shell.
please note that i did get the separate spare battery and pack of coffee flavored canisters

~Flavors~

As stated above, it comes with 3 Canadian Flavor canisters. Refills are Available in: Canadian, American, Menthol, Coffee, Chocolate, Apple, Pear. I have tried the Canadian and the Coffee. My thoughts? Lord love a duck......
-The Canadian flavor taste's like Chocolate mixed with coffee and a hint of vanilla. I thought this was a bit odd, but seeing as it was listed to have been made by physicians, who was i to complain? At some point and time i am sure one of them smoked....It is not foul. it is just different to experience is all.

WRONG must have been guessing I stand corrected. About a hour after this post was up, my coffee canister ran out. So i switched to the Canadian flavor. Now either it is a fully charged battery, or it was just a bad batch i got no clue. Much more enjoyable

-The Coffee There is a running joke about my wife's mouth being violated when she tried my overly strong coffee i make. This was my payback from years before.....or at least my first reaction to it wanted me to lick the shower tile. At first it tasted like Coffee crisp that had gone 3 years past the expiration date then cooked. Once that taste left, i was left with 2 week old trucker coffee......Now keep in mind this could be only my reactions as this is literally my first time trying a Canadian e-cig

~Over all Experience~

Seeing as when i post this i have literally had it for about 30+ hours, i guess it is not that bad. When i went to get it yesterday, the guy took his time to answer my questions, and even let me read the package. We talked for a bit about how much i was smoking and spending and he talked to me about how much it would cost and if my usual brand of smoke would be better off in the long run. My traditional brand is no longer a consideration due to matter at hand, so though my mind was set, i did appreciate the time to talk to see if maybe another e-cig out there would match me better, if at all a e-cig was the way to go.
When everything was said and done, and before i left for home, he put a canister on the battery and thought there were people around watching, he asked me to take a puff. I felt like a kid and embarrassed honestly. I mean here i was in a building that did NOT allow smoking, and i was about to....yeah in my mind have a puff on a smoke.
He did take the time to tell me about the package and where the battery was, and even told me that the batteries came about 30% charged and i was to use them, drain them then charge them. This IMO is awesome! First: who wants to wait to get home to charge the battery then try it? It is a new toy, you want it NOW!. Second and (i hope this is it) the sense to per-charged is you get a chance to see how you are going to use it, how will you work with it, and it with you. For us n00b's this is very important! Who likes the idea of waiting to charge your new toy, to have to waste a fully charged battery trying to figure out on how to use it?
Everything i read on this says you can get about 50 to 60 smokes worth out of it, so about 2 to 2 1/2 packs of smokes. But lets face it: The way i use it could mean i get a pack out of it, while if you use it you get 4 packs.
The battery is supposed to last a year, so i am not sure if this is true. Nor Do i know how long a fully charged battery lasts. Before i charged the batteries i have the white one lasted me about 7 hours (and this was on a supposed 30% charge), the black battery came in at about 4 hours (on a supposed 30% charge). I will be updating these times as both batteries are now fully charged (and i am using one as i type this)

The web site is Smoke NV Inc
i did notice that it says on the web site you can now get them at London drugs, someone on the boards said they can be seen in grocery marts and i think a few people said 7 11's have them too (though i will be checking one out downtown to see if i can see what they have to offer again when it was reported it was there, there was no reviews written)...bear in mind on the site it says resellers could sell at different (higher or lower) prices.

I honestly hope this offers somewhat of a first review on the Smoking NV so as the board now has one

And now the fool up a week later of it by myself:

alright, It has been some time, and with this product it now sits on the shelf, and after using it for a few days non stop, and about 6 bottles of Power aid down, 3 bottles 1L ginger ale, and i think shares in Listerine from using it so much, i want to say it is now put in it's box and sits on my shelf. I cannot Technically edit this threat where my first post is so i will do it here, adding my passing judgement.
Before i do that i want to acknowledge those that helped a lot here:

Those that had experience with the NV and lent their advice on it and in no particular order
CityLight
Katmandu
BonesK98K
RubyMountainFever

For those that helped with the occurred issues while using this NV in no particular order
Chime
classwife -- Supplied a most awesome link for symptoms and what to keep an eye on
Mindfield

The NV it would seem could be aimed more for the non smoker, or as i have read many reports those that smoke clove cigarette's.....it is not the best for someone that is over and above a moderate smoker. I highly doubt this would come to your aid in your journey on quitting in lets say a party where everyone is puffing away. However this being said, and a more recent stressful situation, not having a smoke for a good eight hours, it did seem to help with keeping a somewhat level head, so in this sense it passed the test on if it could help see you through having a real smoke.
Others have said the batteries are a K808 (i think i got that right) which means you CAN get other cartridges from other places, so there is hope for them. The AC Charger is indeed a nice change as you can see from the pictures, and that would seem a awesome space saver. As you will also (or have) read, the cartridges can be re-used so there in itself is a great thing
Battery time use was ok i guess, though keep in mind i was using it constantly with no breaks.

So looking past the fact you can refill the carts, reuse the batteries and changers, how the batteries have a great look, feel and weight to them, take it from this n00b, this product is a FAIL on a scale of one to ten where one is the worst, this gets a mark of about 4 1/2 and even then it is being generous mostly from the fact there is worse out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread