Anyone else think it's weird there is no "Golden" Greek

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Who else wants a GOLD version of some kind of GG???

I know some people have plated them,...but to be truly named "Golden" Greek...shoudlnt there be something Gold in the lineup??

Or is "Golden" in the name just identifying the character of the Greek...a truly "golden" Greek...as in "holy" or "transcendent"

Still id love to see a gold GG...even if i am sure i woudlnt be able to afford it

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
There will be plenty soon enough with the brass top and bottom tubes, as well as the brass 4in1 top. I picked up those peices as I've got plenty of the other brass bits (telescopic tubes, buttom cap and buttons). Still not sure if I'll even use it to be honest, brass (and aluminum) is such a pain to keep looking nice, that's the reason most of us who had V1s and V2s were so excited about the SS, so much less polishing!!!

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
an ALL Gold one woudl indeed be too heavy.... though a solid or nicely plated gold mouthpiece...control ring...button top...bottom cap....

that might be just thething to make a "true" "GOLDEN" Greek

I am afraid the all gold ggts would tear your pocket instantly :)
I always laugh when seing someon in the movie handling easily those big bars of gold during bank robery. :D

Gold is too dense and therefore too heavy.

Bubbertyboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
uk
A gold plated one might not be to everyones taste, it is mine though :laugh:

2012-07-05114758.jpg

2012-07-05114422.jpg

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
The "Golden Greek" applies to Imeo's personality guys. After meeting the man and having chatted to him over coffee and a few drinks and a meal I can assure you he is the real deal. What you see (or rather read) is what you get.

I met Imeo on these pages and I was shocked to realize that when we met in person he's exactly as I thought he would be. I can safely say that there are very few real people around nowadays like Thanasis. I'm extremely proud to call him my friend

Steve

Bubbertyboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
uk
Ok Bubb - you post brass patina picks and I'll take care of the shiny ones. Love your gold one - looks boss - do you use it much - I don't think I would use it if I had one like that, would be too worried about scratching it.

No the gold one is my show piece I have 6 gg's now and I only use 2 of them the rest are collection pieces.

sent using carrier pigeon.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
I have 1 SS GGTS now and I've added brass telescope, bottom cap, connector and top cap. It sure is pretty when it's all shined up with Cape Cod. Just need to wipe it down every 2-3 days to keep it looking good. And I'll be doing more of that before long since I've got 2 more of the COV brass editions coming.
Brass will be great for me, However, I dont mind constant shining and it WILL need that to remain shiny. If not it will dull in a few days.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you very much captain. I said some things on Greek forum about our meeting but after your post on English GG threads I want to say what I said on Greek forum. You are one of the best persons that I have met in my life. Be always well my good friend:)
The "Golden Greek" applies to Imeo's personality guys. After meeting the man and having chatted to him over coffee and a few drinks and a meal I can assure you he is the real deal. What you see (or rather read) is what you get.

I met Imeo on these pages and I was shocked to realize that when we met in person he's exactly as I thought he would be. I can safely say that there are very few real people around nowadays like Thanasis. I'm extremely proud to call him my friend

Steve

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Ok Bubb - you post brass patina picks and I'll take care of the shiny ones. Love your gold one - looks boss - do you use it much - I don't think I would use it if I had one like that, would be too worried about scratching it.

I'll post the brushed brass pics when all my brass goodies come in. I did a brushed look with a scotch-brite pad on my brass battery cap and button and it looks great. Honestly, I like all three finishes...shiny, patina, brushed. Might have to have one of each lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread