Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Anyone else here tried carto dripping? I pulled the filler out of an old Volt carto - flooded the first one. Second one I put in two drops - and have - no kidding - about 10 vapes so far from it. Make that 11. :) Ok - maybe they were big drops - but this seems to be lasting way longer than I expected. Is this usual? Not complaining - trying out some juices and enjoying it. Still going with good flavor and vapor.
I'm wondering if the horizontal coil has something to do with this. I really like the Volt cartos.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I had the polyfill come out of one I cleaned, guess I got too agressive spinning out the extra water. Then I took off the black wrapper and found out that they're satin stainless underneath, well maybe not stainless, but at least satin steel. I use it to test new liquids and found out that two drops is about maximum before they leak. Sometimes, two drops is too much, especially if I don't like the flavor.

Last edited:

Jaster

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
St. Louis
I found that not all cartos are "made" dripping. I've used four cartos for this and two of them made the juice taste terrible. The other two work great.

I agree with awsum, two drops is the right amount. I've gotten away with three drops a few times, other times not so much. Two works best. I think 10 vapes on two drops is about the average I get.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I had the polyfill come out of one I cleaned, guess I got too agressive spinning out the extra water. Then I took off the black wrapper and found out that they're satin stainless underneath, well maybe not stainless, but at least satin steel. I use it to test new liquids and found out that two drops is about maximum before they leak. Sometimes, two drops is too much, especially if I don't like the flavor.

Roland

how did you get the glue off of the cartos ?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Roland

how did you get the glue off of the cartos ?

I have lots of "volatiles" hanging around from my bumper painting days. A little lacquer thinner on a rag took it right off, Larry. I did try paint thinner and denatured alcohol but they wouldn't touch it.

Enzusa

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
California, USA
I use the cartos frequently for taste testing, like everyone else has said, 2 drops seems to be plenty.
The only thing I didnt like was destroying a few volt cartos just to use for testing, I hate wasting something that still works but it also saved having to find another solution to test liquids!
I love volt cartos, they are so durable & I'm still using the same ones from my first kit purchased over 6 months ago!!

To get the glue off..... I usually boil my cartos & after a while the wrapper starts to ease off. If you remove it while its still hot and wet no glue seems to remain but if its still there I use De-Solv-it or Goo Gone or anything similar works like a charm! Easy Peasy!!

1st Officer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2012
Central Virginia
SI sells their XL Cartos in bare Stainless Steel, I have about 20 of them but I found dripping to be tiresome but it's different. The XL SS Cartos are great to use as atomizers for modding your own tank, I've built about 3 now. I don't know if the black ones are stainless but it's easy to check. Take a magnet and if it doesn't attract it's stainless, only carbon based steels are magnetic. Stainless is really not a steel by definition it's an alloy made of mostly nickel and chromium. Steel is Iron based and therefore magnetic. My guess is they are all stainless because otherwise they would rust. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread