Anyone ever fixed the 510 connector on a MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutter573

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Upstate NY
So after 4 solid months as my day to day out and about device my MVP2 has started to fail. Used it at work during a bank run with no problem. 'Bout an hour later I pick it back up to take a couple of pulls during a quick quiet moment in the store and get nothing. Use the built in resistance checker and it reads 0.0 so it's shorting out. Take my Russian off and check the connect and it seems fine, So I take a look at the MVP and notice that it looks like the insulator for the positive pin on the 510 has blown out (Didn't think I was cranking my tanks down but I guess I was wrong about that :facepalm:)

Using a precision screw driver that we keep at the register for removing batteries from devices, I was able to sorta tuck it back under the connector and use it again for awhile, but soon enough it happened again. Any who I wanna open it up and see if I can repair it permanently but A)I don't have star bits. B)not quite sure that ones that small would even be in a standard kit. So my question is does anyone know the size I would need, so I don't burn money on a kit that won't even be useful? Or should I just not even bother and chuck this one and just order another one?

Gutter573

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Upstate NY
Thanks for the all the help guys especially r77r7r for that link and RaceGun69 for the actual size of the torx bit...So I'm probably just gonna order another one since as Jwbnyc pointed out they are damn cheap, AND still take this one apart to try and fix/investigate the guts on my own. It's not like I can really do anything too awful to it since it's not really usable as is anyways :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread