Anyone ever given you the stinkeye or rude comments in public while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
It's just that people are ignorant of vaping.

I just don't do it in public myself because even though it's not harmful, I'd rather not be blowing huge plumes of vapor all over them. In 25 years of smoking, I'm used to the fact that I have to smoke away from everyone else, and I'm ok with that. I just enjoy the fact that I can vape inside now, and know that I'm not inhaling all the carcinogens from cigarette smoke.

People focus on being able to vape in public, and that's great. It's just not that important to me. I'd rather stand off in the distance and leave everyone be. I think we all need to be focusing on the ridiculous regulations and taxes that are forthcoming, and fighting that front first. Then we can all work on the publicity of vaping.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Most people probably think you're breaking a law or something. Some won't hear an explanation even if you tried.
Something like "I quit smoking using this vapourizer, it's harmless" might help but initial impressions can be very hard to overcome.

Even with folks I've been stealth vaping in front of for ages will do a double take when I relax and blow out a few clouds.
One never knows what will follow next after they see all that "smoke" lol.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
for the lack of a better image...THIS would be the stink eye
michelle_stink_eye.jpg

For us married guys..that is the "burn a hole thru us with a laser beam because we screwed something up and didn't realize it" eye

Yes...yes...I get that all the time

Xion

Aug 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
I get that stink eye every where I go! I drive for FedEx so I try to vape in public when ever possible(outdoors). ppl stop me all the time and ask...is that a Blu e CIG? lol I'll take the time to educate someone as often as I can!!

View attachment 243553

What? Why does everyone think it's a "blu" e-cig? Must be the most wellknown brand to nonvapers, I guess. :p
I like educating people too though.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Don't get yourself in the situation in the first place? Don't do it when there are other close by,.

If other are far enough away then why not.

For me., I don't and won't in "Busy - public area". I will put it away if someone coming my way. Use common sense! I won't do it when all of my friend's BBQ in the park. I walked to the car and vap a bit out of sight.

The way I see it, Vap (e-cig) can be used to do other type (illicit) stuff, I rather not have an argument with others (be it friend or cops).

My 2 cent.

Xion

Aug 17, 2013
Seattle, WA
Don't get yourself in the situation in the first place? Don't do it when there are other close by,.

If other are far enough away then why not.

For me., I don't and won't in "Busy - public area". I will put it away if someone coming my way. Use common sense! I won't do it when all of my friend's BBQ in the park. I walked to the car and vap a bit out of sight.

The way I see it, Vap (e-cig) can be used to do other type (illicit) stuff, I rather not have an argument with others (be it friend or cops).

My 2 cent.

Yeah it's not like I'd blow it in someones face or even their general direction, but when 15 feet away I don't see the issue. :blush:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
What I'm saying is do not be in a position of possible suspicion..... Whether or not I'm doing something illegal. "I'm not doing anything bad?" is just an argument. Why not get into that position in the first place is a good advice that come with your life long experience.

I wish that everyone can do (vap) in public any time any where, but it may never come. {MODERATED}. But I digress......

Same with not giving cop's any reason/suspicion to stop me in the first place.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA.
What I'm saying is do not be in a position of possible suspicion..... Whether or not I'm doing something illegal. "I'm not doing anything bad?" is just an argument. Why not get into that position in the first place is a good advice that come with your life long experience.

I wish that everyone can do (vap) in public any time any where, but it may never come. {MODERATED} . But I digress......

Same with not giving cop's any reason/suspicion to stop me in the first place.

Cheers!

Pretty much sums it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread