Anyone ever have an issue with a bad E-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
I recently got an order from MOV and the Coffee and Cream flavor just tasted like burnt coils. I did everything right in priming my coils and everything. Same thing with Sunday Morning. Tried it in my other device and same thing. I wrote the company but it just is not a good flavor right now. I have it steeping in my new steep box and I hope it changes. I am just wondering is there something in the e-juice that can make it taste like burnt coils no matter what you do? Thank you for any and all comments.

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Can you provide any other information? What kind of gear were you using? What kind of coil, resistance, watts, etc... Most of my juices vape perfectly well on a 1.8ohm single coil (28 ga) at 9.5 watts in a Kayfun, but a blueberry juice I make tastes burnt with anything beyond 8.5 watts. Hard to tell sometimes! Hope things work out for you!

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I used to buy juice from a local B&M. I would mostly order it online because they didn't accept online coupons in store (if the discount was more than the price of shipping I would just have to wait for delivery). There was a particular flavor of juice that used to be my ADV that I would regularly order. One day I received a batch of this juice that just tasted bad and off. I wrote them and they told me that my only recourse was to go to their B&M store and exchange it (fortunately I lived close - I don't know what an out of towner would have been able to do). I went to the store and they gave me a little grief - they told me that it smelled just fine. I adamantly told them that it did not smell just fine and that it did not at all taste like the previous hundreds of mls of this juice that I regularly enjoyed. They relented and exchanged my juice. Their juice happens to be made in China. This QC issue and other concerns have caused me to no longer do business with them.

my buddy bought some juice from a place like visa vapors or something a while back. It was supposed to be sweet tarts, high vg, 16 mg nic, he got it, let it steep for a week, and then we both changed our cotton in our rdas to try it. It seemed as though the juice wasn't properly wetting or saturating the cotton, leading to a burnt, or nasty tasting hit. I ended up going to a different juice, and never returning to that.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
You are doing the right thing if the flavor is not what you expect... Let it sit for a few weeks. If it doesn't taste right, then my suggestion would be to add some sacralose to it and see if that helps. If not, then it is a good thing to feed to the ant hill in the backyard.

I have had some juice that was so bad that it literally stunk the house on the first hit of the fire button. It was so bad that when you open the bottle it made the room smell... just from taking the top off. I took it back to the B&M I bought it from and they sprayed the storefront down when they opened the bottle, yes it was that bad.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I used to buy juice from a local B&M. I would mostly order it online because they didn't accept online coupons in store (if the discount was more than the price of shipping I would just have to wait for delivery). There was a particular flavor of juice that used to be my ADV that I would regularly order. One day I received a batch of this juice that just tasted bad and off. I wrote them and they told me that my only recourse was to go to their B&M store and exchange it (fortunately I lived close - I don't know what an out of towner would have been able to do). I went to the store and they gave me a little grief - they told me that it smelled just fine. I adamantly told them that it did not smell just fine and that it did not at all taste like the previous hundreds of mls of this juice that I regularly enjoyed. They relented and exchanged my juice. Their juice happens to be made in China. This QC issue and other concerns have caused me to no longer do business with them.

That happened to me with a Space Jam juice. It was great, and then I got a bottle that tasted like grass, pencil shavings, and stale cigars.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
The bottle of Sweet Complexity I got from Vape Wild smelled and tasted just like a dead fish. It still does after weeks of steeping, so I contacted them the other day, and they gave me a $5 credit on my account. Luckily, I love a couple of their other flavors, so the credit will certainly be used. I was pretty pleased with their customer service, as I didn't ask them to fix it; I was just letting them know they should definitely check the vat of Sweet Complexity flavoring if anyone's pet gold fish had gone missing.

Other than that, all of my (80+) e-juices have tasted normal.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Update: So I wrote the company and man they have really good customer service. Here is the dialog:

I am having an issue with the coffee and cream flavor that I just ordered. The smell in the bottle smells great. I put it in my aspire nautilus mini, eleaf mini, and prime the coils and let them sit for 2 minutes. Then take a couple of puffs to get the liquid come in. Then blow the air holes of excess liquid. I then take the big drag and I think I have burnt one of my coils. So I do the same thing with my other nautilus mini and fresh coil. Same thing. I try the Pendragon that I got and the taste comes through of the Pendragon. So I know it is not my gear. The same thing with the Sunday Morning that I got. Is there something wrong with the batch of Coffee and Cream? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I love your products and think you guys are top notch when it comes to e-liquids. Your Pendragon is out of this world and will definitely be in my rotation. Thank you again for your assistance.

Very Respectfully,

Skullblade789

Response:
Hi Skullblade789,

Manager,

I think this may just be the nature of the beast with coffee flavored juices. In my experience, and even with Coffee and Cream and Caramel MOVaccino, coffee type e-liquids tend to taste a little burnt to me. Are you talking about just a general burnt flavor taste or are you getting the taste of a dry burned coil? I doubt very seriously that you’re getting a dry burned coil taste because Coffee and Cream is 50/50 and should perform just fine in a Nautilus Mini. Although Pendragon and Sunday Morning are a bit more PG heavy being a 70/30 PG/VG ratio so it would feed the coils a bit easier than Coffee and Cream would.

At any rate, this is the first I’m hearing about any sort of issues with Coffee and Cream. With our juices being made in large batches, the chances of 1 bottle being off is nearly impossible short of some sort of contaminant in the bottle before filling. And the chances of that happening are very remote considering the AEMSA Certified lab that our juice is made in. I’m not saying that everything above is an absolute impossibility, just that it is not very likely at all. Could you send me the lot number on the side of the bottle so that I can have our QC Manager look into this?

In the meantime, I’ll gladly send you out another bottle of Coffee and Cream. I’ll get a replacement order entered for you right away and get another bottle out to you ASAP. It’ll go out with tomorrow’s orders. Thanks for vaping with us!

Manager
Mountain Oak Vapors LLC

This is top notch in my book and will continue to go with these guys. I love MOV!!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The bottle of Sweet Complexity I got from Vape Wild smelled and tasted just like a dead fish. It still does after weeks of steeping, so I contacted them the other day, and they gave me a $5 credit on my account. Luckily, I love a couple of their other flavors, so the credit will certainly be used. I was pretty pleased with their customer service, as I didn't ask them to fix it; I was just letting them know they should definitely check the vat of Sweet Complexity flavoring if anyone's pet gold fish had gone missing.

Other than that, all of my (80+) e-juices have tasted normal.

Someone must have mislabeled a bottle of Calamari ejuice.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I tried a few bottles flavoring from Perfumers Apprentice recently and hated them. They tasted like dish soap. Eugh..

Perhaps you are a "super-taster" ? I've read that super-tasters have problems with certain things tasting like soap - high on that list of soapy tasting is cilantro, but there are other flavors too.

I think I am a super-taster (I can detect mild flavors that others can't, and mild flavors that others call bland actually taste good to me!) -- but cilantro doesn't taste like soap. A lot of candied fruit flavors have a soapy taste to me tho - especially watermelon.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
being a supertaster isnt all its cracked up to be... to me its more a curse than a joy.... :(

as for MOV.. they are a class act... i hope that the replacement suits your tastes. another vendor to consider for coffee flavored juice would be Nicoticket. Their Wakonda gets RAVE reviews and NT is running a one time 50% off sale. just enter coupon code : bogo

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I recently got an order from MOV and the Coffee and Cream flavor just tasted like burnt coils. I did everything right in priming my coils and everything. Same thing with Sunday Morning. Tried it in my other device and same thing. I wrote the company but it just is not a good flavor right now. I have it steeping in my new steep box and I hope it changes. I am just wondering is there something in the e-juice that can make it taste like burnt coils no matter what you do? Thank you for any and all comments.

I have tried both juices you mentioned. Coffee and Cream is one of their top selling juices although i don't like it personally. I don't get a burnt coil taste though. I get a popcorn aftertaste that irks me. Sunday Morning is primarily a tobacco juice ( NET ) and there's just a hint of coffee there. This one i like after a good steep ( all NETs need it imo ). Again i don't get a burnt coil taste.

p.s. it's not easy to burn a coil. It takes temperatures way above what we get when vaping. Are you talking about the taste of accumulated gunk on your coil ? NETs gunk up pretty fast if you don't have the right coil and wick combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread