• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone experience effects on heartrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyph

Sep 30, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

I started vaping about 10 days ago in an effort to stop the nagging (and eventually, stop the smoking that seems to trigger the nagging!)

So far, great... (no more nagging!) but I have a question about the health effects and a concern about the nicotine.

I smoke lightly - say 6-10 sticks a day, usually in the evening. I exercise infrequently - say 2-3 times a week, but vigorously (1-2 hours, mid-high intensity eg:jog/sprint/jog/sprint)

Usually my resting heart rate is high 40s or low 50s. When I exercise, max HR is about 190 (eg: sprint) - and after this intense activity it takes about a minute to drop to 160 for low intensity (ie: slow jog)

Weird thing is since I started e-cigs, I dont seem to go down from my max in the same way. Resting still 50s, sprint still 190s, but now never go below 180 even when jogging. 2 days ago I felt like I had been beaten after 1+hours of HR at 180+!

Could this be due to e-cigs? If so seems an odd reaction - I would have thought I'd be more efficient when I quit analogues...

Also - how does the nicotine compare? I'm using an 11mg liquid - but would like to phase it down to 0mg. I have read some articles saying e-smokers get less nicotine, others saying they get 10-40 times more?!!! I'd hate for this to get me MORE hooked on the substance I'm trying to quit.

Thanks for any advice. :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread