Anyone familiar with Thermal Circuits in Salem Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hmmm. Mass hysteria in Salem involving “thermal circuits”
her·mal
ˈTHərməl/
noun
1. an upward current of warm air, used by gliders, balloons, and birds to gain height.

cir·cuit
ˈsərkət/
noun
noun: circuit; plural noun: circuits; noun: cir.; noun: circ.
  1. 1.
    a roughly circular line, route, or movement that starts and finishes at the same place.
    "I ran a circuit of the village"
    synonyms: lap, turn, round, circle
    "two circuits of the course"

There can be only one explanation:
    Google Image Result for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_Nihgvx5l10/maxresdefault.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hope this Isn't going to be one of those Articles where e-Cigarettes had Nothing to do with what happened. And then MSN/CBS makes some Minor retraction.

ie: Toothpaste Out of the Tube Journalism.

Because this Article doesn't make Any Reference to e-Cigarettes. And mentions a Chlorine Leak.

Chemical Leak Sickens Workers at MA Plant

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Heaters mostly per their website

Thermal Circuits, Inc. is a manufacturer of surface heaters, air heaters, molded heaters, heater assemblies, and infrared panel emitters. We service a wide variety of markets and geographic areas and, through continuous quality improvement, strive to maintain world-class leadership in all aspects of our business.

Founded in 1955, by Francis Brown in Salem, 20 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts, the company first manufactured graphite lubricant and nichrome wire sheets for hot trays, casseroles and carafes for the food service industry. By the mid-1960’s, Thermal Circuits initiated development of etched foil element technology and pioneered the use of polyimide film as an electrical insulation for etched foil element gyro and camera heaters used in the military and aerospace industries.
Thermal Circuits - custom designed etched foil heaters,Flexible OEM heaters, Kapton Polyimide heaters & Silicone Rubber heaters

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Sent them a message asking for clarification, not that they will respond, as I am not CBS News...
Perhaps they work for ALTRIA. or Philip Morris, or whatever Big tobacco calls themselves now, on their silly non-burning cigarettes. THAT would be just like the media to spin that away from BT.

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
This thing is already on newsweek, gizmodo, and many others.
CASAA members, anyone for that matter, on social media, reddit, etc. better get out in front of this.CBS Lies. NOT an ecigarette plant, it is the companies only plant, and they are an industrial plastic heater firm. No mention on their website, where they talk about uses, of anything in the vaping industry..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This thing is already on newsweek, gizmodo, and many others.
CASAA members, anyone for that matter, on social media, reddit, etc. better get out in front of this.CBS Lies. NOT an ecigarette plant, it is the companies only plant, and they are an industrial plastic heater firm. No mention on their website, where they talk about uses, of anything in the vaping industry..

Not sure what CASAA or anyone else can do to "Get Out in Front" of this?

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Not sure what CASAA or anyone else can do to "Get Out in Front" of this?
Counter propaganda with fact. They have resources that individuals do not.
I just meant for people on social media to question loudly and at length, the obvious lies and spin. Surely trade orgs can get influential members and associates to make inquiries of the company, whereas a lone citizen is not going to be heard. But it has to be done before it is repeated in too many places.
See: Joseph Goebbels, and The Big Lie.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Counter propaganda with fact. They have resources that individuals do not.
I just meant for people on social media to question loudly and at length, the obvious lies and spin. Surely trade orgs can get influential members and associates to make inquiries of the company, whereas a lone citizen is not going to be heard. But it has to be done before it is repeated in too many places.
See: Joseph Goebbels, and The Big Lie.

What someone (in the Media) needs to do is to contact the Fire Chief who is overseeing this fire and to Ask Him/Her point blank if e-Cigarettes were involved in this Fire in any Way, Shape or Form. And then Run that Story.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
What someone (in the Media) needs to do is to contact the Fire Chief who is overseeing this fire and to Ask Him/Her point blank if e-Cigarettes were involved in this Fire in any Way, Shape or Form. And then Run that Story.
So, wait for somebody in 'Media" to stomp on their cohort? Got anyone in mind? Not gonna happen.
Kicking up a fuss on social and reddit, etc. might get the lie into the light.
I am not on SM, so I cannot do more.
It doesn't need to be major media, a well placed YOUtuber could ask questions. Someone may know a Hazmat team member who vapes, and is sympatico...
Finding them is what social media is supposed to be good at! So they keep telling me...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, wait for somebody in 'Media" to stomp on their cohort? Got anyone in mind? Not gonna happen.
Kicking up a fuss on social and reddit, etc. might get the lie into the light.
I am not on SM, so I cannot do more.
It doesn't need to be major media, a well placed YOUtuber could ask questions. Someone may know a Hazmat team member who vapes, and is sympatico...
Finding them is what social media is supposed to be good at! So they keep telling me...

Who hates MSN/CNN more than anyone else? They are, in this case, probably the Only outlet who would consider running a "Counter-Piece".

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
An industrial accident in a factory that makes some components for e-cigarettes (among many other things)
The only connection to actually vaping are tangential, and tenuous at best and only serve to sensationalize the headline.
This is yellow journalism at its worst.
MSN/CBS owe us a front page retraction AND an apology

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
That makes my blood boil. The hack responsible for this article should be defenesrated, then stretchered back up to the 3rd floor and pushed out a second time.

CBS Editor - "Key words ~ 'fire' 'e-cig' 'mass-hysteria'. It's a winner Karl, run it at immediately".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Someone could contact Fox News. I'm not doin it. I'm terrified of the media both sides frankly I'm not going to track down a reporter.

I guess I could figure out if I could find my brother's ex GF and ask her to do it. She went into reporting. I kind of think she may not really want to hear from "our" family anymore, TBH. I could look, she was a decent journalist and overall person, but I make no promises etc.

Anna

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread