• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone following the "what do you want from your e-juice supplier" thread in the general fourm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
I am not sure what that guy was even trying to do.

I was going to break it down bottom line as follows but deleted this section of my post. As I didn't want to call out all of the suppliers at once.

This stuff is not expensive to make in large amounts. So once you cross that line from user to supplier your cost drop to pennies on the dollar. Sellers can choose to pass those savings on or they can lead you to believe it is expensive to improve their packaging and bottling and work on new mixes and so on.

100 gallons of 100mg nicotine juice can be bought for around $1200 with shipping. Now go figure out how many ml are in 100 gallons and you can see your mark up. Priority boxes are free, bottles can be bought for .05 each plastic and .32 each glass in quantity either can have child caps added. Flavors drop in cost the larger your quantities are. Labels get cheaper the more you buy. Unit cost go down every 50 purchased and you get branding when purchasing 300+ Just because a liquid has a label and a e-cig unit to match it doesn't mean it didn't come from China and it is not 100% exactly the same as the no name model right next to it. Larger suppliers will always get top priority over smaller ones so many run out of items and can not get replacements until the larger companies get their items made and back orders filled.

So a custom juice made with top notch ingredients, in cobalt blue bottles, with foil labels and child lock caps with high nicotine content can be made at cost for around $.90 or less per 60ml bottle. Does that mean that the seller should give it away for free? Should they do all of the mixing and testing for free? Should they spend their time making contacts and sending e-mails and driving places for free?
This industry is a business, nicotine users have already shown they will spend trillions per year to get their fix. Do you think people will pass that up or that they want part of those trillions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread