The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone get vapers tongue?

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by WattWick, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    I keep seeing all these threads about the dreaded vapers tongue. I am familiar with the concept. What puzzles me is this... I haven't experienced it a single time since I switched to gennies and mesh wicks. That's almost two years of no vapers tongue. I remember getting it all the time with i.e clearomizers like the Vivi Nova and CE4.

Anyone of you ever got vapers tongue with mesh wicks?

2. TheOnyxEgg

TheOnyxEgg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Can you define what you mean by vapers tongue? Is this the experience of getting less and less flavor the more you vape in a period of time?

3. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Yep when your tongue goes sort of numb to all kinds of (vaped) flavor. And stays that way for a day or two.

4. TheOnyxEgg

Jun 13, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    I've never had it last for that long of a period, and my tongue always seems to wake back up if I switch flavors, but yes I think i experience this to some extent.

Most days I'll use a single flavor all day at work, and I definitely notice that as the day goes on (and especially on the drive home when I more or less chain vape) that the flavor starts to fade and often becomes kind of "one note". My most flavorful vape of the day is always my ride to work in the morning.

The two factors that play a huge part in this for me (I think) are mouth hydration and taste buds getting overwhelmed. Though now that I'm thinking about it taste buds getting overwhelmed after chain vaping could really just be a mouth hydration issue as well since vapor tends to dry the mouth out.

I notice a huge difference in flavor when vaping a lot in a short period of time if I make sure to take a couple sips of water or iced tea in between puffs.

5. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Good points! I'm not as much trying to promote mesh wicks as I'm trying to figure it out. Whether it's related to wick material or not. Maybe I have to dig up some old silica or ekowool. :D

The experiences I've had could not be cured with water. Maybe it would help if I had sipped water while vaping.

6. TheOnyxEgg

Jun 13, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Prior to switching to gennies full time I used cartotanks for the most part.

Can't say that I can recall the frequency of getting a numb tongue being that much higher or lower since switching, however the flavor in general is much more intense on a genesis so maybe that helps compensate?

7. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Might be.

I may well be barking up the wrong tree. Just trying to make sense of why I never suffer vapers tongue when there's so much talk about it. I thought wicking material and/or wicking efficiency might play a part... but I'm certainly not drawing any conclusions. Yet at least.

8. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Usually vt was associated with newer vapors still waiting for the body to fully adjust I don't remember too many seasoned vapors dealing with it

9. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Ah! Maybe that's all there is to it. Fits well with my experience, at least.

10. sedition

sedition Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2014
    New Zealand
    I never bought into it. If you throw anything at your senses for extended periods, they'll desensitize - that's why wine tasters use palate cleansers, and why you'll find a bowl of coffee beans at a perfume/cologne counter.

11. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2014
    Florida
    Yep..nothing a good piece of hard candy can't fix IME..:2cool:

12. mauricem00

mauricem00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    ah so thats whats going on. was wondering why my juice was losing flavor. I am new to vaping and learn something new every day here. this is a great site glad I found it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.