Anyone had any issues with iAtty threading onto a provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Sold an iatty on the classifieds and i know it was in perfect working order when i sent it out. I used it on my provari, GGTS, Stealth, and gave it a try on my BB as well. When the buyer received it she said it wouldnt thread onto her provari? They are wanting a refund which im fine with but it sounds like an issue with the provari and not the iatty.

What are you guys thoughts?

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I have a Provari and iAtty. The iAtty screws fine onto the Provari. I can tell you that my setup fell out of my shirt pocket when I bent over to tie my shoe or something equally as stupid with a mod in my shirt pocket. The PV and iAtty hit the carpet at my feet. Thick carpet with a good pad so no scratches or scrapes on either unit.

When I picked up the PV and iAtty though I noticed that the iAtty was sitting cockeyed in the Provari. I was able to get them seperated "OK" but the PV threads being made of SS did a number on the PV threads. It will still tighten up fine but when they now screw together the connection is kind of wobbly until the last few threads and everything is tight again.

Guess what I'm saying is that the threads in a PV are softer than the threads in a SS 510 connection. I just now looked at my Provari and iAtty combo. No way the (male) threads on the iAtty are bigger than the (female) threads on the Provari. Sharper and able to damage the threads in the Provari, you betcha.

Repent

Edit:
I have a "stock" satin finish Provari less than a year old, and a "stock" iAtty.

Last edited:

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
Fright, i think the provaris connector is aluminum. it worked fine on my provari, the buyer is saying it wont screw in at all and wants to open a PP dispute despite the fact i agreed to refund the cash. Oh well. I doubt i have trouble finding another buyer its just a headache because im positive there is nothing wrong with the iatty.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
by won't screw in at all do they mean the threads aren't catching at all or that it doesn't fit. If it is the threads that is exactly what my alum ggts cap was going. It was almost like the iAtty connector was slightly shorter then standard 510 attys or cartos I had. Cartos or attys would attach but only by 1 or 2 threads at the very end the iAtty was never getting there.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Fright, i think the provaris connector is aluminum. it worked fine on my provari, the buyer is saying it wont screw in at all and wants to open a PP dispute despite the fact i agreed to refund the cash. Oh well. I doubt i have trouble finding another buyer its just a headache because im positive there is nothing wrong with the iatty.

Some people.......

wfarrar33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Arkansas
im assuming it is only catching a couple threads on the provari not sure though. My thoughts are that the iatty is fine since it was when it left my possession and the threads on the buyers provari are semi-shot. Im gonna try it out on my provari when i get it back before i list it for sale again.
by won't screw in at all do they mean the threads aren't catching at all or that it doesn't fit. If it is the threads that is exactly what my alum ggts cap was going. It was almost like the iAtty connector was slightly shorter then standard 510 attys or cartos I had. Cartos or attys would attach but only by 1 or 2 threads at the very end the iAtty was never getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread