Anyone have a Cloupor DNA30 and a Fasttech Hana Modz 30W Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Neither are dna. Thats not to say they suck....but evolv didn't make either one. I had a cloupor for a few days until it bought the farm. There's a problem with the 510 pins being too big causing it to smoke and short out. Before that, it worked great. If you buy one, make sure it says "updated 510" or something along those lines.

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
I have the fasttech Hana 30 mini only so i can only comment on one but here is my take on it.

Decent finish with a few marks on it
ohm reading is off by at least 0.2 ohms and fluctuates wildly occasionally.
USB charging port came away from the body so i had to get back inside and glue it back on.

All in all, not bad, not great but it doesn't suffer with the issue that others were having when you lock it and it goes to sleep and is unlocked when activated again. You do however have to press the firing button twice or just hold down in order to get it to fire from sleep mode if unlocked.

Double Helix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Houston, TX
You could go through the designated threads for each in the APV section if you wanted a good comparison. Though last time I checked the Cloupor thread was 200+ pages, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. Here's my comparison.

Decent finish with a few marks on it
ohm reading is off by at least 0.2 ohms and fluctuates wildly occasionally.
USB charging port came away from the body so i had to get back inside and glue it back on.

All in all, not bad, not great but it doesn't suffer with the issue that others were having when you lock it and it goes to sleep and is unlocked when activated again. You do however have to press the firing button twice or just hold down in order to get it to fire from sleep mode if unlocked.

Cloupor DNA30
Good finish, no marks
Ohm reader is sometimes off by 0.1 in comparison to the Provari's reading. But most of the time it's correct.
USB port is fine though I've heard trouble with the above statement
You have to double click it to get it out of sleep mode
Once the battery gets down to 5-10% it doesn't appear to be regulated anymore. Vape production drops noticeably.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I don't think enough people have bought the fasttech ones to really give a good answer.

From a physical assembly point of view the FT clones are neater, They use less glue and are more careful where they put it.

From an aesthetic point of view the Cloupor usually has the better finish and machining. Neither is perfect through.

From a working point of view they use different chips. The Cloupors use what appears to be a near 1:1 clone of the DNA30 chip. The FT clone uses a visibly different chip. Neither has been around long enough or in large enough numbers to gauge their reliability. Both seem to have inaccurate Ohm readings, usually off by .1 or .2 ohms.

Now, I only own a Cloupor but I can tell you some differences between it and the real DNA30.

Aside from the Ohm readings being off the wattage setting will sometimes drop by a tenth while it's in sleep mode.
The clone doesn't always fire from sleep mode with a single button click. Sometimes you have to click a button to wake it up and then click again to fire it.
LED lights in the USB charger are hard or impossible to see. Also, some have a red LED on while charging and turn on a green LED when the battery is charged, others only have two red which dim when the batter is charged.

If you don't expect a perfect finish then you should have nothing significant to complain about. Personally, I haven't used anything else since I got mine about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I've had my cloupor dna30 for two weeks now. It's been flawless no finish problems/flaws.
I do agree that the Ohm reading it provides is approx .1 off.
The battery indicator shows the battery dead at approx 3.5 volts, but it will still vape normally for approx 2 hours before it stops firing.
I have used it with protank1/2, puritank, and kayfun 3.1 with no issues. I had thought that the 7W minimum might be a problem for my BCC tanks, so far so good.
I have never had to hit the fire button more than once when the DNA is sleeping, TMK.
I've not used the on-board charging feature, just drop in a new bullet and go.

I haven't sprung for a FT clone, still licking my wounds from buying the cloupor from a B&M (love at first sight is expensive).

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
I have had a cloupor 30w for at least a month now. I have noticed a few ticks but like Completely Average i havent used anything else since. I have wanted a DNA device for years and i cant say that i am dissapointed but i do wish there were more information out about the minor ticks this cloupor has. My charging light might as well be decoration, it never goes off or dims and worries me a little bit about leaving it plugged in over night. There are some DNA notifications i am not getting like "check atomizer" etc. Instead of telling me the atty is too low, the ohm meter will just flash. the screen will randomly light up when it feels like it. As Double Helix said, around 10% battery the device will just stop regulating and the voltage drops off considerably. just a few quirks like that.

All in all i an very happy to be able to vape my 1.5ohm kayfun and .5ohm dripper on the same device. I love that i can replace the chip, buttons, etc. in the future. For the $70 i payed (same i payed for the SVD years ago) i am very happy with what i got as long as it survives the next 8 months. I would reccomend this device to my friends but i would also warn them that it is still a mass produced chinese mod and lets face it, they just dont have the quality control as some more reputable (and expensive) manufacturers.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If you've had yours for a month or more you probably got a first-gen Cloupor mod.

Most of the complaints you're having that I didn't list were fixed in updates applied in the 2nd week of June. Those units didn't start hitting US shores until late June.

Oh, and on that ohms flashing thing, that's not a problem, that's how it's supposed to work. The Evolve DNA and the DNA clone chips do not have a buck converter so they cannot step down in voltage. If your wattage setting results in a voltage that is lower than your battery output then the mod runs unregulated like a mech mod and flashes the Ohms reading on the display to let you know it's unregulated. It doesn't have to be low resistance, if you put a 2.8ohm coil and tried to run it at 7 watts it would do the same thing.

It's not a problem, it's how the real Evolv DNA30 chip was designed. The clone does the same thing.

Last edited:

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi I must say I have the newest generation colupor dna 30 and it's absolutely perfect. All issues have been fixed with the new ones and they are VERY MUCH worth buying!!!!! Do be careful where you buy from as not to get the old version. Fluid vapes has the new version in stock no wait and super fast shipping. I understand there was issues with the older versions but in all fairness these issues have been addressed, and fixed! My dna 30 works like a dream! One of the BEST purchases I've made in a long time. Just because there were past issues that were addressed and fixed that does NOT mean all the new generations will have issues as well. I couldn't be happier with mine. She performs exactly as she should. You won't regret getting the newer generation. It's a great device.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
WHO CARES if you ordered one, how is this going to be helpful to any one??

I think the original Poster was looking for feedback is all I got. My take was the Cloupor models (the newer ones) are much better than Fasttech units. Build quality is noticeable if you watch a video or two on the subject.

I got mine the first week of July with the updates from 101vape and has been working pretty good so far without problems. Just quirks that are not a big deal. The screen will go on from sleep with no interaction and sometimes that wattage will go down .2 . The later can be fixed by locking the wattage and The screen problem doesn't really bother me.

For the money the cloupor dna30 is a solid device. Now with a 150 Watt + devices soon to hit the market it will become the latest not so greatest lol, still fine with me and my vaping style for now.

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
I think the original Poster was looking for feedback is all I got. My take was the Cloupor models (the newer ones) are much better than Fasttech units. Build quality is noticeable if you watch a video or two on the subject.

I got mine the first week of July with the updates from 101vape and has been working pretty good so far without problems. Just quirks that are not a big deal. The screen will go on from sleep with no interaction and sometimes that wattage will go down .2 . The later can be fixed by locking the wattage and The screen problem doesn't really bother me.

For the money the cloupor dna30 is a solid device. Now with a 150 Watt + devices soon to hit the market it will become the latest not so greatest lol, still fine with me and my vaping style for now.

I'm with you. My cloupor is satisfying enough for me until I get my hands on a 100 watt device for under $70 in the future. If mine lasts until next June I'll be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread