Status
Not open for further replies.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
I'd like to make my own GBC, so am looking for tips on what's needed and best source for ingredients. I'm no longer using nic, and have a big bottle of PG already (totally forgot I'd probably need some VG for mixing, so will end up grabbing some of that later). Dunno if it's just a case of mixing butter and cake flavorings or if there's more to it. I was surprised to see that Wizard doesn't carry a butter flavoring! Weird.

Advice and recipes are appreciated. :)

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Thanks! By any chance do you know what all the shorthand notations mean? I'm assuming they're references to the respective suppliers, but I don't know for sure.

Vanillin
Sugar cookie FW
Butter cap
Poundcke diyfs
Yellow cake FW
Bav cream Lor
Horchata cap (Seriously? Horchata?! Oooook)

I'm guessing "Lor" is probably Loranne, but dunno about the others, and "Vanillin" didn't have any note.

(On a side-note, damn, that's a lot of ingredients for one flavor!) :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
FW is Flavor West, Cap is Capellas, DIYfs is Do It Yourself Flavor shop, Lor is Loranns, Vanillin is pretty much standard from place to place so any will work. Horchata is a mexican drink made with rice milk, cinnamon and sugar, I havent tried it yet but looking forward to getting some, terrible sounding name but delicious sounding ingredients. Most of Str8s recipes are pretty complex but very good.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Ah, man. Capella seems to have the majority of what I need in one place, and is the only one with butter flavoring (I still find that incredibly odd), but geez, they're expensive! 6 bucks for a 13 ml vial. Some of the others have 20-30 ml bottles for around 4, but not the individual flavors I'm wanting. Shoot.

Oh well, at least I found what I was looking for, so I can't really complain. Much. ;)

Thanks for the help. Anyone need their lawn mowed? I suddenly need to raise some extra cash... lol

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Ah, man. Capella seems to have the majority of what I need in one place, and is the only one with butter flavoring (I still find that incredibly odd), but geez, they're expensive! 6 bucks for a 13 ml vial. Some of the others have 20-30 ml bottles for around 4, but not the individual flavors I'm wanting. Shoot.

Oh well, at least I found what I was looking for, so I can't really complain. Much. ;)

Thanks for the help. Anyone need their lawn mowed? I suddenly need to raise some extra cash... lol

Go to HighDesertVapes, they have small bottles of almost all flavorings (3ml) for $1.99, use ecf05 for 5% off

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I made str8's gooey butter cake and it's really good but the Horchata, even in such a small amount is pretty potent. So in all it was 2 things I've never had before. Gooey butter cake OR Horchata. :lol: I have since remedied that and found and had Horchata. No GBC yet.
I was looking at recipes for Gooey Butter Cake...used to live 200 miles or so from STL and never even heard of it. But the recipes have cream cheese and no cinnamon like horchata *shrug*. So I think I'll make some real GBC and then try a e-liquid recipe for it. I have cheesecake flavoring, maybe that'll work?

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I'd like to make my own GBC, so am looking for tips on what's needed and best source for ingredients. I'm no longer using nic, and have a big bottle of PG already (totally forgot I'd probably need some VG for mixing, so will end up grabbing some of that later). Dunno if it's just a case of mixing butter and cake flavorings or if there's more to it. I was surprised to see that Wizard doesn't carry a butter flavoring! Weird.Advice and recipes are appreciated. :)

Flavoring companies used to offer buttery flavorings, but they contained Diacytyl, which is not good for inhaling. That's why you won't find buttery flavorings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread