Anyone have an 'outdoors' accessory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
New jersey
I spend a lot of time fishing. I will most likely end up making my own lanyard case, but was wondering if anyone has done so already or found a good product. The plan is to keep my PV accessible but also protect it. I was thinking a typical lanyard and one with a twist strap, to go in my pocket for easy access. So maybe a key chain type holster to use with either a long or short strap.
I made one tonight out of some scrap canvas material, but made it too snug. Lol. I could barely get my battery into it, let alone get it out.

Btw. Riva 660 and 700+ with carts and atty's or drip tip.

Thanks.

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
Case and Pocket.
I'm a simple guy, and the more complex things are, the higher the probability of a failure ocurring.
Get a case that fits in your pocket.
Wear a shirt with button-pockets. It's a pain-inthe-patoot, but you won't lose your PV.
Don't drop your PV in the water. That would be bad.
Besides, lanyards and other stringy-stuff just complicates things...

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
How about one of those retractable tethers? I think Berkley makes some for fishing to keep clippers handy. You could attach it to your vest to have it readily available. Here's one version of what i mean:
Baker Line Clippers with Retractor

They also sell cheap ones at smoke shops for lighters. If those don't have strong enough springs and extend under the weight Nikon makes one for range finders that should do better.

peace.
unloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread