Anyone have any experience with Dicodes mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
This is probably more than I'll spend on a mod, but the machine work is quite exquisite. The only other mods I've ever seen w/that level of craftsmanship were from Dave at Super T before he closed up shop. They were all strictly mechanical mods, though. If you open "product description", it seems to have LOTS of settings. Could be confusing. Definitely pricey;)!
Charles

Dicodes - "Dani 25" 25mm 80W 20700/21700 Regulated Tube Mod

Reactions: stols001

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
This is probably more than I'll spend on a mod, but the machine work is quite exquisite. The only other mods I've ever seen w/that level of craftsmanship were from Dave at Super T before he closed up shop. They were all strictly mechanical mods, though. If you open "product description", it seems to have LOTS of settings. Could be confusing. Definitely pricey;)!
Charles

I have no experience (yet ) but they are widely regarded as one of the best mod manafacturers in the world.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I have a couple....

IMG_4209.JPG

yeah I i need help. They are just excellent!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Do the two of you that have them find the user interface to be overly complex compared to other digital mods (DNA, Yihi, etc)? If it's true that form follows function, then they should be REALLY good. It's rare to see that quality of machine work. Thanks for posting.
Charles
I think the UI is just different. It takes about 10 mins of playing to get the jist, at least for the basic functions, and another 10 mins if you want to do something a little more creative. I actually love the single button steerage but some don't...I guess by now i have had a lot of practice!! lol!

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
They are beautifully solid mods with flawless machining. The temperature control is perfection. You can use as many of the settings as you wish, starting out simple and venturing deeper if you wish. The learning curve to manage menu settings with one button, I found to be quite simple and intuitive after I spent a few minutes reading the downloadable instruction manual, and viewing a few videos.
It is the one regulated mod that I NEVER have to reread how to change settings if I don't use it for awhile. It just scrolls through the menus and you select the highlighted options you want to access. Quite simple really.
Dani 25 - 25MM - Tube Mods - Dicodes - Mods & Accessories

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I almost wish I'd received nothing but bad reviews. You all speak of Dicode regulated mods that way I speak of Super T mech mods. They were priced accordingly as well. Sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. I know box mods are nearly all you see these days, but the tube mod just seems right to me. Not sure when, but I have a strong feeling I'm going to end up with one. The Dani 25 looks to be the one that best suits me as well. Even though it's probably going to cost me, I really appreciate the in depth feedback.
Charles

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Got my Dani 25 yesterday in the mail if that's anything.
Have you had time to play with it much yet? If so, what are your initial thoughts? Everything I'm reading looks like it should work in TC mode as good or better than anything on the market. Thanks.
Charles

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Have you had time to play with it much yet? If so, what are your initial thoughts? Everything I'm reading looks like it should work in TC mode as good or better than anything on the market. Thanks.
Charles

It appears to be a good solid device. But......My screen appears to be having issues. Lines in the display. Sent off an email and some pictures to dicodes-usa.com regarding this. So we'll see how solid the warranty is.

As for vape....I'm vaping a Kayfun Prime, ss316l 26 gauge coil. Comes in about .56 ohms. 460F degrees. Vape is good, but..........My YiHi SX Mini G Class did a good job at vaping also. Menu does take some getting used to. The power button feels great, but does have a 'click' to it, not sure if I'm fan of that.

Not a fan of how the 510 grabs the Kayfun Prime. The threading is smooth on both the 510 and battery cap. But the cuts for the airflow on the 510 are very defined, and grabs the Kayfun. Not sure if it just needs to be 'broken in', or if it cause I've got a 22m tank on a 25mm device. Haven't ordered the 'beauty ring/adapter' for it yet.

I'm enjoying the device....But holy expensive. I paid 325 plus shipping, and 30 bucks from a local store on two batteries. Blows away my Provari Radius (when running coil control/temp control), blows away the two DNA 75 devices I've had in the past. Not sure if it blows away my SX Mini G Class. Lots of pros to the SX Mini G Class, and I had no issues with it. Just wanted an update tube mod, single battery, etc. Battery life on the Dani is comparable to a single battery DNA 75 device. Once thing I did notice. I received one free 21700 battery with the device, and I didn't dare put it in. Very tight fit, afraid that it won't come out.

Some of these cheap DNA devices from China, I just can't stand. Paint flaking off the same day, parts breaking, etc etc etc. The Dani 25 is a solid device in that aspect.

Reactions: Eskie

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Little update. Dicodes-USA is gonna send me warranty replacement, once that is received, i'll send them the broken one. I should receive it sometime next week.

Really surprised by this from what I'm hearing. Since everyone is saying that dicodes-usa is just a vendor. But yeah, no issues with the warranty.

sgobots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Berlin, Maryland
Charles

Funny you should ask.....I just got my extreme v3 in the mail yesterday.

I gotta admit....when I clicked “place order” I freaked out a little bit because of the price, but once I opened it's pretty sweet box and held it in my hand, I realized it’s totally worth it. REALLY seems like a well engineered piece of machinery. Like it’s worth it’s price.

I haven’t really gotten too deep in the settings. I had a basic Kanthal build in when I first tried it, so it was in regular wattage mode, but curiosity got the best of me last night and did a build with their sample wire that came with it. I don’t use temp control all that often, but the taste from this wire seems so pure and the temp control settings are so easy to work with, I ordered a spool of their wire last night.

Good to hear positive things about their warranty on here. Every time I spend a lot of money on vape gear I usually have remorse when I have it in hand, but I feel like this purchase was a good decision. If I can only convince my wife now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread