Anyone have any issues with VZ SC Real Cig lately? My last bottle seems mentholated

Status
Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys,

So I have been using VZ SC Real Cig for 2 years now.. I think it's a great addition to most of my juices. Anyway this last 30ml bottle I got was definitely not the Real Cig I am used to. In fact, it has menthol or some kind of cooling substance in it! I called them and they seemed pretty adamant about me being wrong. I compared the new one with the old one and it is completely different. I made my ADV which I have been making for two years with Real Cig at 3% and it was very strongly mentholated (before I realized it was not the Real Cig I know).

Anyone else ever have this problem, or ever have a mixup at VZ? It is labelled as Real Cig. I don't understand how that could even happen.. they also said the formula hasn't changed, so I am pretty confused!

I'm sending it back so they can take a look at it but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had anything like this happen with VapingZone. They are one of my go-to companies for flavorings and this was the first issue I've had with them.. it's not really a big deal but I am worried that this is a new formula or something, but really hoping it was just some mistake and I can get the tried and true Real Cig that I know and love.

I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and order another bottle of it (which will get reimbursed if they determine it is an error) or wait to see what they say, which could take a while (I still need to send it out) - I need to make my ADV very soon as I am running low.. I might replace it with a different tobacco flavor for the time being, though.

Anyway, any input would be great!
Thanks!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
It would'nt be the first time a vender mixed up there flavors when re-bottling there bulk flavorings. I've had it happen to me by another popular vender. As far as wait or buy now, Only your gutt can answer that. I for one won't buy from a vender that requires you to prove it was there fault. I've never had a vender ask me to send the product back. I've had one vender that refuse to work with me on a flavor issue and that vender has been long crossed off my list of regular supply resources. Most venders will send a replacement no questions asked. Most venders have there issues with batch consistency but to go from a non-menthol to a menthol is a huge departure from the norm and indicates a problem

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
It would'nt be the first time a vender mixed up there flavors when re-bottling there bulk flavorings. I've had it happen to me by another popular vender. As far as wait or buy now, Only your gutt can answer that. I for one won't buy from a vender that requires you to prove it was there fault. I've never had a vender ask me to send the product back. They usually replace it no questions asked.

Yeah I thought it was weird.. I don't want to talk bad about any vendors or anything and I love VapingZone and their SC flavorings, but the lady on the phone had this tone when I was talking to her implying I was dead wrong, said there has never been a mixup, also said I wouldn't be reimbursed for shipping because "it's only, like, a dollar..." and was talking to me like I was stupid and kept cutting me off when I was explaining things. I was pretty bummed out and I was very reasonable. She wasn't technically rude at all, it was just the way she said things, if that makes sense. And maybe I just mistook her tone as something else, I don't know.

Meanwhile, before I did any tests after I made my ADV which turned out to be menthol, I thought it was this new Graham flavor I tried, so I asked WizardLabs about it, if there happened to be menthol in the flavor (it was stupid to email any vendor before I did tests, but I didn't even think of testing the Real Cig because I've used it for years) - and they replied with a huge apology, said they are sending out a new Graham flavor right away, and asked if I could test the flavor on it's own while they processed that new order. I responded back to them with an apology, and that I was wrong and they didn't mix anything up. But that's how it should be handled.

I was very surprised when VZ asked me to send the Real Cig back so they could test it themselves, along with not reimbursing my shipping fees if it was in fact wrong, and only issuing a replacement if it was wrong. I mean, I get it, too, people try to scam companies and stuff, looking for a freebie, so that is fine, but still... I don't feel like they handled it well. Menthol is pretty unmistakable, and I hate menthol. I've been making the same juice for years and this last Real Cig purchase turned it into a menthol nightmare.

To be fair, I'm not sure the person I talked to was in customer service, they gave me someone specific email to contact about it when I called customer service, but I still feel like I was treated a little poorly.

I really do love their flavors, though, and I want to get the original Real Cig.. are there any other companies that sell the VZ SC stuff?

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah I thought it was weird.. I don't want to talk bad about any vendors or anything and I love VapingZone and their SC flavorings, but the lady on the phone had this tone when I was talking to her implying I was dead wrong, said there has never been a mixup, also said I wouldn't be reimbursed for shipping because "it's only, like, a dollar..." and was talking to me like I was stupid and kept cutting me off when I was explaining things. I was pretty bummed out and I was very reasonable. She wasn't technically rude at all, it was just the way she said things, if that makes sense. And maybe I just mistook her tone as something else, I don't know.

Meanwhile, before I did any tests after I made my ADV which turned out to be menthol, I thought it was this new Graham flavor I tried, so I asked WizardLabs about it, if there happened to be menthol in the flavor (it was stupid to email any vendor before I did tests, but I didn't even think of testing the Real Cig because I've used it for years) - and they replied with a huge apology, said they are sending out a new Graham flavor right away, and asked if I could test the flavor on it's own while they processed that new order. I responded back to them with an apology, and that I was wrong and they didn't mix anything up. But that's how it should be handled.

I was very surprised when VZ asked me to send the Real Cig back so they could test it themselves, along with not reimbursing my shipping fees if it was in fact wrong, and only issuing a replacement if it was wrong. I mean, I get it, too, people try to scam companies and stuff, looking for a freebie, so that is fine, but still... I don't feel like they handled it well. Menthol is pretty unmistakable, and I hate menthol. I've been making the same juice for years and this last Real Cig purchase turned it into a menthol nightmare.

To be fair, I'm not sure the person I talked to was in customer service, they gave me someone specific email to contact about it when I called customer service, but I still feel like I was treated a little poorly.

I really do love their flavors, though, and I want to get the original Real Cig.. are there any other companies that sell the VZ SC stuff?

I've had issues with VZ and they were always very helpful so I'm surprised you got that sort of treatment. Maybe she was having a bad day but none the less a bad day should not be taken out on the customer. If you feel you were mistreated I would call back and ask to speak to a manager or the owner.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Alternatively, does anyone know of a good Real Cig replacement? I asked the lady at VZ and she said there is nothing like it and that it was unique, and she would not give me any flavors that were remotely similar. I still have a bunch of other VZ SC tobacco flavors from a while back that I am going to retry.. they were quite tasty, so I may just end up changing my ADV recipe..

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I've had issues with VZ and they were always very helpful so I'm surprised you got that sort of treatment. Maybe she was having a bad day but none the less a bad day should not be taken out on the customer. If you feel you were mistreated I would call back and ask to speak to a manager or the owner.

Yeah that definitely could be the case.. and again I've had nothing but great experiences with VZ in the past, that call just left me a little sour... And I may have misconstrued the entire phone call! I will probably wait and see how they respond after I send them the Real Cig back and they see it was menthol.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Alternatively, does anyone know of a good Real Cig replacement? I asked the lady at VZ and she said there is nothing like it and that it was unique, and she would not give me any flavors that were remotely similar. I still have a bunch of other VZ SC tobacco flavors from a while back that I am going to retry.. they were quite tasty, so I may just end up changing my ADV recipe..

If it's the Ashy american cigarette taste your looking for

Hangsen red USA is very good and this link will get you the genuine product at a great price $9.99 for 50ml bottle (Going out of business sale) so stock up. use at 7%

Hangsen USA Mix Flavoring Concentrate (Essence) 50ml - BuyHangsen.com

Or inawera s-camel (6 drops per 10ml) mixed with inawera DNB (6 drops per 10ml) also make a good ashy american cigarette. Inawera can be found at bullcity. With inawera the manufacture recommended amount is by the drop for some reason.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies

either of these will make a far better red then VZ's real cig.

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com

Hangsen red USA is very good and this link will get you the genuine product at a great price $9.99 for 50ml bottle (Going out of business sale) so stock up.

Or inawera s-camel mixed with inawera DNB also make a good ashy american cigarette. Inawera can be found at bullcity

Awesome, thanks! I've been meaning to try the Hangsen Red. Hangsen themselves aren't going out of business are they? That would be bad news for me, I love their flavors!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Awesome, thanks! I've been meaning to try the Hangsen Red. Hangsen themselves aren't going out of business are they? That would be bad news for me, I love their flavors!

No - just this particular vender but there trust worthy so order with confidence. Also re-read my last post I edited to include recommended amounts to add for each flavor.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com

Hangsen red USA is very good and this link will get you the genuine product at a great price $9.99 for 50ml bottle (Going out of business sale) so stock up. use at 7%

Or inawera s-camel (6 drops per 10ml) mixed with inawera DNB (6 drops per 10ml) also make a good ashy american cigarette. Inawera can be found at bullcity. With inawera the manufacture recommended amount is by the drop for some reason.

either of these will make a far better red then VZ's real cig.

One quick question, is there a big difference between the Hangsen USA and Hangsen Red USA? You linked to regular USA.. I will probably try both, just curious :) Thanks!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
One quick question, is there a big difference between the Hangsen USA and Hangsen Red USA? You linked to regular USA.. I will probably try both, just curious :) Thanks!

Tobacco vape wise I tend to lean towards Hangsen more then inawera. Hangsen is made with real tobacco essence. Both USA and red are good. Red leans more towards the ashy side while USA leans more towards the American lights side. Add some Inawera DNB to it and you have Red. Only the larger bottles of USA are available (50ml) the red is only available in 10ml. So keep that in mind when ordering. You should also get yourself the inawera DNB (Bullcity) it adds ashyness to the mix in the event a tobacco is not ashy enough..

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Tobacco vape wise I tend to lean towards Hangsen more then inawera. Hangsen is made with real tobacco essence. Both USA and red are good. Red leans more towards the ashy side while USA leans more towards the American lights side. Add some Inawera DNB to it and you have Red. Only the larger bottles of USA are available (50ml) the red is only available in 10ml. So keep that in mind when ordering. You should also get yourself the inawera DNB (Bullcity) it adds ashyness to the mix in the event a tobacco is not ashy enough..

Awesome, will do! Thanks for all the help.. now to try and resolve this VZ issue..

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Just ordered a bunch of Hangsen flavors I haven't tried yet (besides the RY1 which I love):

Hangsen USA
Hangsen Red USA
Hangsen RY1
Hangsen Pipe
Hangsen Cigar

Pretty excited!

Good choices

also if you like the nutter tobaccos

highway
NO.5

are good in fact are my ADV's

Elder Captain is also very good.

There's a whole thread dedicated to hangsen

Nice thing about hangsen is the percentage is very consistant between flavors. 5 - 7% for any flavor and your good to go. Start at 5% and if you like stronger vapes go to 7%.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Good choices

also if you like the nutter tobaccos

highway
NO.5

are good in fact are my ADV's

Elder Captain is also very good.

There's a whole thread dedicated to hangsen

Nice thing about hangsen is the percentage is very consistant between flavors. 5 - 7% for any flavor and your good to go. Start at 5% and if you like stronger vapes go to 7%.

Ooh yeah I love nutty tobacco.. I actually just emailed them and asked if I could add the Elder Captain and No. 5 to my order (unfortunately the highway is sold out, but I will try and purchase elsewhere) - thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Ooh yeah I love nutty tobacco.. I actually just emailed them and asked if I could add the Elder Captain and No. 5 to my order (unfortunately the highway is sold out, but I will try and purchase elsewhere) - thanks for the suggestions!

Tab is also a good nutty tobacco.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com

WOW, you too? So they clearly know they made a mistake, holy crap. I can't believe Leah (the woman I spoke to) had the audacity to tell me this "never happened." Obviously multiple people are having this problem.
Unbelievable! I might call them back again and speak to Leah and tell her multiple people are having this problem. Well that's the last time I give them any of my money..

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Unfortunately their shipping policies also state they don't reimburse shipping fees even if they are at fault. I feel like that is a terrible business practice. They never even apologized.. At this point I just want my money back, I am going to replace all my VZ flavors, but luckily lately I've just been using Real Cig... I can't wait for my assortment of Hangsen stuff to come in! I think this will elevate my ADV to a new level anyway!
This whole process is just very frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread