RDA Anyone have experience with the Derringer RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to purchase one but I have been told that, with the authentic, there are some problems with the center post spinning. Anyone have any experience with this happening to them and if it something I should reconsider? I will be purchasing the new version which has slotted holes in the posts rather than the first batch I believe that have standard holes in the post. Let me know before I make an impulse buy! :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Hey, Kpr...Angelcigs - any problems with them? Do they ship from inside the U.S.?

Angelcigs ships out of Cali. Quick shipping on in stock items. Because of CNY they are slowly restocking. Can't wait to get the copper derringer it's gonna look good on my SMPL :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
is it insulated in any way?? theres no way its not hot. your lips are a few mm from the coils.

Mines built at .27 with 26g.
Not hot. It's all about the airflow with a medium gauge wire, and the derringer has plenty.
I don't baby it either....I hit it like it stole a chicken.

You have to move air across the coils and make sure they wick properly.
The derringer is a very well designed atty.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My Derringers have claimed the "my favorite RDA" title and it's not even close. Both of mine are bottom fed authentics running ~.4ohm with simple dual 26ga 2.5mm coils. The vapor is warm, plentiful, and packed with flavor.

8b4Qlk.jpg

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
Agreed, not a hot vape at all. The vapor is warm, but the RDA itself does not get hot. A similar build on my go-to Cyclone AFC makes that RDA too hot to touch sometimes. I think it's the large build deck that keeps the coil away from the walls.

I do vape this one around 12W as opposed to the 15W I'm comfortable with on my Cyclone (28ga 1.8Ohm kanthal micro on a 5/64 mandral w/ rayon wick).

A nice little piece of kit, for sure.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
lasttango - AWESOME avatar haha..

Alright you guys suckered me in.. Getting tired of having to clean my Magma clone everytime I use it and nothing I do seems to keep the juice from dripping onto the deck. Just ordered the Tobeco clone from Elev8vape for a total of $12 and some change with shipping.. Hopefully Tobeco is as spot on with this one as they were with my Kayfun 4 clones.. I went cheap and got first class shipping so hopefully it doesnt bounce around the US before it gets here like my last first class order did. Had an order from Illumination Supply who are in the same state as me, head all the way from San Jose to Texas before it came back to me in southern California.. (and the post office wonders why theyre broke, try getting it right and you wont waste all the gas!)

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
lasttango - AWESOME avatar haha..

Alright you guys suckered me in.. Getting tired of having to clean my Magma clone everytime I use it and nothing I do seems to keep the juice from dripping onto the deck. Just ordered the Tobeco clone from Elev8vape for a total of $12 and some change with shipping.. Hopefully Tobeco is as spot on with this one as they were with my Kayfun 4 clones.. I went cheap and got first class shipping so hopefully it doesnt bounce around the US before it gets here like my last first class order did. Had an order from Illumination Supply who are in the same state as me, head all the way from San Jose to Texas before it came back to me in southern California.. (and the post office wonders why theyre broke, try getting it right and you wont waste all the gas!)

My Tobeco clone is nice quality. I only wish I had gotten more than one cap. I have a Captain Ape clone and the Tobeco, and the machining and tolerances are just slightly off so that the parts do not interchange. That means I have one SS and one white delrin. Can't change it for my mood.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
do you get spit back from the wide bore caps?

I'd think you would since the chamber is so short. I would think the stock cap w/tip would cover more of the coil and prevent spitting.

Just curious because I have one in hand right now that I picked up at lunch. Just need to escape the office to throw a build on it.

I don't get any popping or spitting using the wide caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread