Anyone have sd, prodigy, gg & magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I'm in the same boat dude. It sucks. All the big dogs have their advantages and disadvantages IMO. I'm so sick of the Chinese junk, I could scream. lol I would suggest just looking through this forum and reading what people have to say about each individually and discerning from that. There are a few, but not many, that own these all.

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Just wondering if anyone has all 4 or 3 at least and could do a comparison? I am getting sick up and fed with my 6 alternating 901/4075's that still can't be dependable. Since I can barely afford 1 of the big dogs, can someone unbiased tell me from experience which is the best?
:confused:

BooBOO Hi I did a review of the top five afew days ago, kind of vague. although I gave my opinions on each quickly
I do not have the magnum, however I do have several 6v's box mod
and the nicostick, that may be similiar to the magnum,
It may help a bit, Overall for Prodicgy and GG and running a close race as to my preferenece, With the GG leading by an adapter
d

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have the Prodigy and the Screwdriver. Since you are a 901 vaper and thus I assume have quite a few 901 attys and since the Screwdriver is considerably smaller than the Prodigy and you only need one battery instead of two, I would probably suggest the SD. And since it has been around awhile, the bugs are pretty much out of it.

It truely does eliminate 90% of the hassle of vaping and provide consistent, good throat hit for hours. But all of them probably do a good job on vaping. The PD does give really good throat hit and vapor, also.

Sick HP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I have the SD, Magnum LV and a Janty Stick, I like them all as they are all good vapers. I like the magnum for how it feels in my hand and the SD for long battery life, the stick is the most versatile of the 3.

The stick is the one I recomend to my friends as it is a good deal at the price, you get usb passthru abilty with battery charging at the same time, it uses cheep $3.00 batteries, the 801 atty works well and the cart holds a ton of juice the more I use it the more impressed I am with it.

Happy Vaping :D

-Dan

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
thanks for the kind words about the twin 801 usb cosican , considering the competition it still seems to be your favourite power hungry mod

i dont even use one myself , the portable 6v+ 801 twin is actually better :D

someone in the uk has possesion of a usb twin plus the portable version for the purpose of doing a review but they own a laptop which doesnt supply enough power for the usb mod and they are having battery probs with the portable , i sent some batts that died somehow :mad: these kind of issues are probably why im not all over the forums pimping my mods like some rabid carsalesman
even tho these issues are an easy fix i take the problems too personally
so its nice to know that against some extremely high end ecig vaping items my humble little beasty kicked some ....

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I've had the SD for almost 2 months and I got the GG early this last week.

Now I'm patiently(?) waiting for my Prodigy to arrive.

I think Trog, Imeo, and Steve are very dedicated to bringing us quality new generation e-cigs and making us very happy with our vaping satisfaction.

After having the GG this last week and vaping with 6 volts (mostly with my 510 atty) I just can't imagine going back to 3.6 volts. It's a world of difference for me.

I read where cosican says the 808 cartomizers work very well with the GG, so I ordered a boatload of these from Drew at nhaler.com.

Geesh... I am SO spoiled and loving it! :D

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Think you'll try the Prodigy or GG, HP? I'm waiting on the Prodigy myself...but no GG yet.

Lu

LU HEY how are you, so sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I would have gone thru glass for you if I had seen the post asking me to rate

I promise to do so in the am,. I am still working thru the Prod and the GG, in a huge way, Plus I have had a small change of heart on the SD, cos I attached the 510 adapter from the GG to the SD and I am fallin in love again w/ the SD, a bit more, then ofcourse after 5 months of the SD, I dropped it and it broke, But I will say, Trog got back to me within minutes and responded in a hearbeat
as it stands right this moment

5) Janty Stick
4) SD
3) LV Magnums I broke my long ( another reason I hate any plastic on these things
2) and 1) the Prodigy and the GG are so so close, as of right this minute the GG is more versatile with the adapters and the fact that the GG adapters fit all of my 901 threadings on everything, where the Prod adapters are for the Prod only
You know they are both such great tools as are all of them, I love that I can have all of them, I might just sell off the rest of my stash and keep nothing but the 3.7 and 5/6volts, as it stands today, that would be a very large garage sale, I must have, Lu I am embarresed to say how many normal ecig I have
promise to loop you in further
thanks for your kind words and keep up your great work, I appreciate all you have done and continue to do as a mod, all of you are terrific in an insane world

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
LU HEY how are you, so sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I would have gone thru glass for you if I had seen the post asking me to rate

I promise to do so in the am,. I am still working thru the Prod and the GG, in a huge way, Plus I have had a small change of heart on the SD, cos I attached the 510 adapter from the GG to the SD and I am fallin in love again w/ the SD, a bit more, then ofcourse after 5 months of the SD, I dropped it and it broke, But I will say, Trog got back to me within minutes and responded in a hearbeat
as it stands right this moment

5) Janty Stick
4) SD
3) LV Magnums I broke my long ( another reason I hate any plastic on these things
2) and 1) the Prodigy and the GG are so so close, as of right this minute the GG is more versatile with the adapters and the fact that the GG adapters fit all of my 901 threadings on everything, where the Prod adapters are for the Prod only
You know they are both such great tools as are all of them, I love that I can have all of them, I might just sell off the rest of my stash and keep nothing but the 3.7 and 5/6volts, as it stands today, that would be a very large garage sale, I must have, Lu I am embarresed to say how many normal ecig I have
promise to loop you in further
thanks for your kind words and keep up your great work, I appreciate all you have done and continue to do as a mod, all of you are terrific in an insane world

Thanks so much Cos! :)

My prodigy should be here any day now. Can't wait to give it a whirl! And I always look forward to your reviews :thumb:

Good to see you again.

Lu

Sick HP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Think you'll try the Prodigy or GG, HP? I'm waiting on the Prodigy myself...but no GG yet.

Lu

Both are on my wish list just have to make up my mind on witch is first. I'm looking hard at the GG as I like the look of it and the button placement on it. I would like to buy something made in the USA and I hope CA$H can get an atty designed that would put the Prodigy on top for me.

Happy Vaping:D

-Dan

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
IMO all you need is one of the four. Any one of them I'm sure works fine. My SD does. I don't see the need to spend another 3-4 hundred dollars to get the other 3 that all do the same thing which is keep me from smoking analogs. I'm kinda proud of myself for not spending any money on this stuff for the last 3 months except a couple orders for juice. I don't need any more hardware.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
IMO all you need is one of the four. Any one of them I'm sure works fine. My SD does. I don't see the need to spend another 3-4 hundred dollars to get the other 3 that all do the same thing which is keep me from smoking analogs. I'm kinda proud of myself for not spending any money on this stuff for the last 3 months except a couple orders for juice. I don't need any more hardware.

Houdini, I wish I had your internal strength to realize, that they are all pretty much the same, once you are at 6v's or 5v;s the end product aint much different, I do find the SD at 3.7v a tad off from 6v's
I admit I have a serious problem having this overwhelming need to buy, buy buy, Besides all my 6vs and 35 other normal ecigs, I now have over 60 batteries to support all my 6v;s Its like I am afraid the world is going to explode and all the batteries with it,
However, I swear I am not defending my cause, But I would never know, that all of them act very much the same way, unless I own them and find out for myself, If, I were where you sit, I do not have that confidence, that all 6v' react and act the same way,
I applaud your control, really, not being an avvhxxe,
My next biggest issue is feeling like I have to own the next "big thing"
All in all, I am thrilled I own all of this stuff, cos, maybe one day, they may be worth a ton of money, out on the black market

d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread