Anyone having Nosebleeds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Yes, sort of. No actual nosebleeds but I do get cracks and irritations in the front of my nose. I have taken to rubbing Ozonol ointment in my nostrils every night and it does the trick! Smells funny, but my nose is way more comforatble now.

So I have been vaping about 2 months and got my first nosebleed ever about 3 weeks in. Since then I have had about 1 nosebleed a week. Anyone else have this happen? My guess is that it is drying out my mucous membranes and can be rectified with drinking more water but I was just curious if anyone else had this happen.

letting the vape out of my nose

Yeah i am discovering that old habits from my smoking days don't pass well into the vaping world.

Scared the piss out of me tonight (2am) thought i was finally having an aneurysm, and was getting ready for it....

then i was like yea... i've been vaping out the nose alot lately wonder if that was it, checked here. ok, i WILL try not to vape out the nose for a few and see if that fixes it.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Yeah i am discovering that old habits from my smoking days don't pass well into the vaping world.

Scared the piss out of me tonight (2am) thought i was finally having an aneurysm, and was getting ready for it....

then i was like yea... i've been vaping out the nose alot lately wonder if that was it, checked here. ok, i WILL try not to vape out the nose for a few and see if that fixes it.

Yeah, it's definitely freaky when it happens but it's no biggie I suppose. Still haven't happened to me since I'm not exhaling through my nose anymore, good luck to you ! :)

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I have had 4 nosebleeds since I started vaping. It got to the point where I could actually feel them coming on and stop them with a very strange technique of taking in some water in my mouth and shooting it up/out torwards my sinuses and nostrils and ultimately the water comes out my nose, it's uncomfortable at first but I'm used to
It and it actually feels good after you do it. Kind of extreme way to take care of that problem but it works!- just don't do it in public LOLLL

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota

:ohmy: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Experienced a few moments like that

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
I had to laugh when I saw the title of this thread. Not at the poster, but just because I have lived with chronic nosebleeds all my life, since I was less than 2 yrs old. I'm talking about ambulance-ride to the ER nosebleeds. Severe anemia, thin-lining of my nasal passages and sinuses, stuff like that and having the inside of my nose burnt repeatedly to form scar tissue 12 times, it made my life a living hell till I started to outgrow it. I still got a few when I smoked cigs, but only when the weather was cold and my house was dry-we have electric heat. I have to use a humidifier in the winter when I have one. But with this vaping, I need a humidifier and can't find one in the middle of June! Have had a few unexpected nosebleeds, woke my up actually, or just when bending over, but I'm used to it from my childhood. It's definitely the drying out of the nasal passages with the vaping ingredients, so anything that will lessen that and increase moistness is a good thing.

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
Yeah, this seems to be a common side effect of the vapor. I'm used to nosebleeds, but most people aren't. I can highly recommend that you keep the room you spend all your time in as moist as possible, I use a humidifier all year round, when I have one that works. And use saline nasal spray, but not all day every day. Saline can also work the opposite if you do it too much. Mucous (spelling?) is necessary to some extent to flush crud out of your sinuses and nasal passages. You don't want to rinse all of it away. But you do want to be able to breath. I love the way I feel when I sleep with my humidifier on all night, and turn it off before heading to work. Even in the summer, a light mist is great for my breathing. And a cool mist one works wonders.

I'd hate to see anyone here get an unstoppable nosebleed from too much vaping and exhaling through the nose and have to have your nose packed at the ER. You'll punch someone in the face, it hurts so bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread