Anyone here still use their 510??

Status
Not open for further replies.

notdurrr

Dec 15, 2009
England
Funny you should say this :)

Even though I am sure I have more than enough bits lying around to make up several kits I have recently ordered one of these in "auto" fashion with an extra 30 blanks to go with it.

I should explain that I have recently found that of all the stuff I have tried and have lying around and after failing to pack in the smokes for long with any of them I have finally realised that all I want and need it a small auto battery with some 45mg pure non-flavoured VG in it (unless you count some added water) . I tried this out with a 901-T as they are cheap and available and found it works fine. Certainly not even thinking about smoking a cig here now and amzingly only getting through about 1ml of juice a day.

The only problem is of course with the 901-t with this juice is that the thing can run dry every so often, and by that I mean dry burnt tastes and you can not do much about it with a tank until the flavour moves on. So I thought rather than go back to my other toys I would try to stick with the combo of small auto batts with 45mg juice and so decided to take a dive into the old days with one of the 510 kits, and 30 spare carts cause I am not going to want to fill them each and every day (would rather do bulk filling).

Wondering if I should go grab some fluval though before it arrives. Quite looking forward to this experiment with the classic 510 auto versions.

I will of course let you know how I get on with it when it arrives, but I think the funny thing is that if you get the juice strong enough you do not really need massive bits of kit or lots of ml's a day. Not sure I am ready to get rid of my stuff yet though, the VV batts and DCTTs are nice to look at on my shelf :)

I think the days of classic 510 users are limited though, I mean lets be honest, if you get a twist battery and stick a mini nova or something on it you have a much more reliable piece of kit, that will go on for ages with very little in the way of replacements and maintenence costs. And the cost of a twist and nova together is about the same as a 510 starter kit if you shop around.

Last edited:

Hensei

Sep 13, 2012
Finland
Well, in a rather twisted manner of operating, I actually just got a 510 automatic battery today :D
I started my vaping career with an eGo and have used different standard eGo batteries, a Twist and a KGO VV with cartos and cartotanks

After trying out the 510 with a standard size boge carto for a day, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised.
Nice vapour production, good enough battery life(for me atleast, 280mAh version) and I kinda like the automatic thingymajig it has going on with no button. It's not gonna last me forever, that I know, but heck, for around 8€ it wasn't exactly an expensive purchase.

So yeah, I'm probably gonna actually try and stick with this for a while.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I still use 510 atty's for dripping.

Most of the time I use my big-batt mods, but when I feel like having a cigarette, it's nice having the old 510 batts around... imho, it's gonna be with us for a long time, because people just getting into vaping need to have cig-a-likes; And when you think about it, what else IS there for them to use besides a 510? ;)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I did that silliness too. After using - and liking - my starter eGo kits for over 8 months I actually 'regressed' and bought a JoyeTech 510 kit. Why? Honestly, I wanted something that lit up! :p

After I got over the silly factor...

I got one each in my kit - one auto and one manual battery. I was surprised to find the auto battery had longer run time than the manual. After a little research I found there is a reason for this: The battery inside an auto is actually slightly larger than the manual. Take out the manual button, more room for a slightly larger battery, Just based on this point alone I like the auto batteries in a 510 mini style better. My manual battery gives me about 45 minutes vape time - and can take nearly 2 hours to recharge. (I do hope you see the potential problem there...)

I liked picking up something that I could twiddle around like a cigarette again. But dangling it from your mouth like a cigarette? I know some people do it, but to me even a 510 mini battery is just too heavy. It might look like a cigarette but there are limits to how much it can 'act' like a cigarette.

It's fun. They light up. I like the auto feature. But I seldom use it. After the long run times of eGo 900 and 1000 mAh batteries those very short run times on 510 mini batteries are simply too much charger chasing for anything but an occasional amusement. As a former 1.5 PAD smoker I'm glad I skipped 510 mini as my first choice and could have skipped picking up the 510 mini as largely an experiment too.

Hensei

Sep 13, 2012
Finland
I liked picking up something that I could twiddle around like a cigarette again. But dangling it from your mouth like a cigarette? I know some people do it, but to me even a 510 mini battery is just too heavy. It might look like a cigarette but there are limits to how much it can 'act' like a cigarette.

Haha, yeah. I do the dangling thing sometimes. End up biting it with my teeth and looking like some constipated pirate holding on to a pipe :D

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
I just ordered a 510 tuxedo kit from ivape with the PCC and one auto/one manual battery. I started out vaping on a RN4081 cigalike and after months of using my eGo batteries I just started randomly missing the cigarette sized form. Weird, I know, but it's cool that I have the option now of using cigalike batteries and eGos.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
there is a lot to be said for auto batts. Part of my behavioral addiction to analogs came from decades of the hand to mouth action. there is something primal or instictive about it, like a baby sucking his thumb. i don't remember a button being part of that equation. i'm using an auto right now or else i would have to type with one hand. My small batt is my go to when i'm out and about - it cuts down on the weird stares. autos are my choice at bedtime so i don't have to worry about firing it by accident when i fall asleep with it. I mostly use my twist for tasting liquids and as a back up. I'm still enjoying my cartos too. with some maintainence they can go for months and months before they become irretrievably clogged. I make my own juices for less than $3 per 30 ml bottle. I'm in cheapscape vaping heaven!!

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali

This is why I wish they hadn't done away with the m400 series ecigs- I used to LOVE those things. They were almost as heavy as the 510s, but they were balanced better with more weight near the atomizer- I was easily able to hold one with my mouth...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've given all but One 510 Battery away to people who wanted to try Vaping.

Good for you........treasure chest is a godsend to a lot of people just starting out, as is the gift of a 510 mini set...it starts them vaping at least, and for many, gets them off analogs completely. We're spoiled now, but it's obvious from reading here at ECF just how many people gave up analogs with 510 "ciga-like" batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread