Anyone here with a seizure disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
My hubby has a very well controlled seizure disorder. Hasn't had a seizure in 7 years and that was because he was in the hospital for pneumonia and the idiots let his Dilantin level drop to 6. He had two back to back seizures the day he came home from the hospital. Scared the sh*t out of me. 8-o

Would really like to get him a PV for Father's day, he's smoking WAY too much.

Of course I don't want to do anything that will mess him up....

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
My hubby has a very well controlled seizure disorder. Hasn't had a seizure in 7 years and that was because he was in the hospital for pneumonia and the idiots let his Dilantin level drop to 6. He had two back to back seizures the day he came home from the hospital. Scared the sh*t out of me. 8-o

Would really like to get him a PV for Father's day, he's smoking WAY too much.

Of course I don't want to do anything that will mess him up....

If smoking cigarettes is not hampering the anti-seizure medication's efficacy in managing the seizure disorder, vaping will probably not serve as a trigger. But that is a side issue.

The real issue is that a lot depends on what type of seizure disorder your husband has been diagnosed with and you should check with his physician before you engage in this endeavor. There are many educated people here but none of them are your husband's personal physician that guides him in his care nor follows his dilantin levels over time. That IS the responsible thing to do...medically evaluate first, otherwise any efects good or bad, can not be solely attributed to vaping. An interaction effect is quite possible and the Doctor needs to be aware of this. I suggest taking information from this site to the next appointment before you make a purchase. Good Luck! :)

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
If smoking cigarettes is not hampering the anti-seizure medication's efficacy in managing the seizure disorder, vaping will probably not serve as a trigger. But that is a side issue.

The real issue is that a lot depends on what type of seizure disorder your husband has been diagnosed with and you should check with his physician before you engage in this endeavor. There are many educated people here but none of them are your husband's personal physician that guides him in his care nor follows his dilantin levels over time. That IS the responsible thing to do...medically evaluate first, otherwise any efects good or bad, can not be solely attributed to vaping. An interaction effect is quite possible and the Doctor needs to be aware of this. I suggest taking information from this site to the next appointment before you make a purchase. Good Luck! :)

Ladyraj, that is really good advice. Can't be too carful with seizures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread