Anyone into custom trucks/cars? Pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6linkslam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2009
Shreveport/Bossier City,LA
just wondering if and members here on ecf were into custom cars or trucks. i have i have 5 trucks and 4 are customised and the other is a restoration project. i have a full custom 1996 chevy thats bagged. 2006 chevy crew cab thats badded with other mods,1992 ex-cab s-10 thats bagged and in the process of being a full custom.1994 chevy stepside that just got out of the paint shop and is also becoming a full custom and last is my 1952 chevy pickup that is going to bagged as well and totally restored. if anyone else from here is into cars or trucks please chime in and share some pics. im going to post a few pics of mine too.

Kavik79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Albany, NY
hmmm, not quite what I'm into....I prefer performanc over looks.
last car was a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan tuned to about 300 bhp and torque and upgraded brakes/suspension. Current car is a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon in yellow (the rarest wrx ever made for color/body style combo) that is in the process of being worked on. Have a bunch of parts waiting to go into it, just need to buy some springs and a couple other minor pieces so I can get it all done at once, then this one will also be around the 300bhp mark and just needing some minor paint work

suhrim21

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
bakersfield ca
I am more into tuning than customization myself. though I did have a 98 s-10 I was going to drop to the ground and then body drop so everything sat on the ground and run just a 4 way bag system on it. Right now I have an 09 lancer and a 06 corolla. once my wife gets working we are going to trade in the corolla for an RalliArt.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
I just got strut bars, high rate springs (560lb front, 448 rear), and KYB Agx shocks on my integ - don't need a lot of power in the canyons most of the time.... unless they're using a cheater car (STi, Evo :)). Handles neutrally but I can make it under/oversteer on cue with braking....

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
hmmm, not quite what I'm into....I prefer performanc over looks.
last car was a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan tuned to about 300 bhp and torque and upgraded brakes/suspension. Current car is a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon in yellow (the rarest wrx ever made for color/body style combo) that is in the process of being worked on. Have a bunch of parts waiting to go into it, just need to buy some springs and a couple other minor pieces so I can get it all done at once, then this one will also be around the 300bhp mark and just needing some minor paint work
In Jan 2010 I'm going to be purchasing a 2010 Mazda Speed3.....have a question....if I get a boost control how low could I go on psi without hurting anything....would be nice if I could get 300hp out of it...comes 268hp stock.

Kavik79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Albany, NY
sorry kevbow, I'm not an expert, and know nothing about those cars (I hear they're nice though)
I can't give you any advice on it though....I'd suggest finding a mazda forum and see what other people have done with their cars, then spend the next 2 months studying the car to be sure you will be able to do with it what you're aiming for

suhrim21

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
bakersfield ca
In Jan 2010 I'm going to be purchasing a 2010 Mazda Speed3.....have a question....if I get a boost control how low could I go on psi without hurting anything....would be nice if I could get 300hp out of it...comes 268hp stock.

go to dsports website. they just did a review of the 2010 mazdaspeed 3. They have also got some builds to show you what can be done with that car and how much it will cost.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Yeah they're decent but Koni yellows are still better and offer like 40 steps of adjustment lol. My car on the highest setting still doesn't seem as stable as my springs should make my car in the corners - I'm gonna upgrade to the Konis as soon as I blow these but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon....
the KYB's are what I had for my last car....nice handling, if you don't mind loosing a little smoothness over the bumps :thumb:

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
You don't want to get the Genesis?

112_0903_02l+2010_hyundai_genesis_coupe+side_view.jpg

It's cheaper than the 3 with RWD and .... It comes with 306 hp stock and if you've watched the vids online it looks like crazy fun. FWD is still decent for handling, but I miss my AE86....

Kavik79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Albany, NY
Yeah they're decent but Koni yellows are still better and offer like 40 steps of adjustment lol. My car on the highest setting still doesn't seem as stable as my springs should make my car in the corners - I'm gonna upgrade to the Konis as soon as I blow these but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon....

well, yeah, if you can afford Koni's, that's a no brainer :thumb:
but I only spent I think $800 for the KYB's and Eibach springs together. Back then Koni's were running at least that much or more without springs

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Well I have to add some here =)

Except I'm in to rebuilding. I'm currently working on a 84 chevy camero benaletta. I took out the small 8 and put in a rebuild suburban 8. Took all electronic stuff off of it.
Going to add ground effect to it off of a 94 camero. I might even switch it to a standard tranny instead of auto. Haven't decided yet.
This will be my second 84 b to rebuild. The first one I recently sold for 5k and I paid 1k for it. This one was in better shape then the one I have now.

I love to rebuild. I'll be ordering a new carpet kit and dashboard next year. I'm thinking about striping it and having it repainted to a teal green. Not sure I want to go through that much trouble yet. Otherwise I'll stick with the stock white.
I might even cut the top and find a junker t-top and have it welded on. Decisions decisions.
Currently chroming it out. Though painted the block standard chevy orange... Uggg.. so I might have to pull the block back out and repaint it or just go with it.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
For a thread askin for pics, geeeezz, I feel like I should post a pic of my rediculous wrapped van I drive as a company car....lol!

C'mon guys, I know we got some sweet rides, rep yo shiz!!!

Id post my very custom Jeep Wrangler (97), but it ejected me in 2004 so the most recent pics aint so purdy no mo!!!!
(more like a crushed bucket with a tree thru the middle, up on 33" swampers)

I did all the work myself except a buddy did most of the lift- I was the hand me this, hand me that, put that here n dont let go girl)
;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread