Anyone Know Anything About Gourmet Vapors? Or ordering juices online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
So everything I buy is in local stores. I decided to try some stuff online and ordered from Gourmet Vapors. When I received them, they all tasted funny, like really funny and nasty. I am really a big time noob to this juice stuff and surfing ECF, I found that a lot of people steep their juices upon arrival, is this something I have to do also? Or should they have already been ready to go from the time I get it in the mail? Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In answer to your question, if your juices are tobacco flavored then yes some steeping should help. Fruit, nut and cocktail flavors should be good to go after 24-48 hrs. Nut flavors maybe a bit more. Give them a brisk shaking.f they taste chemically or soapy then let them steep longer.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
In answer to your question, if your juices are tobacco flavored then yes some steeping should help. Fruit, nut and cocktail flavors should be good to go after 24-48 hrs. Nut flavors maybe a bit more. Give them a brisk shaking.f they taste chemically or soapy then let them steep longer.

For the most part, they all tasted the same. When steeping, am I supposed to just let the cap off and let it sit there?

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
in my experience if a juice sucks when it's mixed fresh it can only get marginally better, 2 weeks later it might be palatable but it will never be good. if a juice is good when it's mixed fresh it will only get better with time and might end up being great after a few weeks. granted i haven't been doing this for a very long time but that''s based on 6 months of vaping and around 120-150 diff't juices/flavors tried.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
in my experience if a juice sucks when it's mixed fresh it can only get marginally better, 2 weeks later it might be palatable but it will never be good. if a juice is good when it's mixed fresh it will only get better with time and might end up being great after a few weeks. granted i haven't been doing this for a very long time but that''s based on 6 months of vaping and around 120-150 diff't juices/flavors tried.

Dang! 120-150 different juices! Out of all of them, what are your favorite flavors? I know that everyone has different vape buds, but just curious. Besides Velvet Vapors (and what are your flavors of choice?), are there any other ones that stand out to you? Should be good if you can remember them out of that many.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I DIY - it costs about 10 cents a day to vape as much as I want - highly recommended.

I order base in the mg i vape here - http://www.ecigexpress.com/nicotine-bases-1mg-24mg-bases-c-43_49_100

and condensed flavors only from this company nowadays (FA) - http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-flavoring-flavourart-condensed-c-16_29 (they're the best imo).

my 'all-day vape' and fav flavor is hypnotic mist - not too sweet, exotic, complex, endlessly interesting...perfect. and it mixes well w/ almost anything.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
I DIY - it costs about 10 cents a day to vape as much as I want - highly recommended.

I order base in the mg i vape here - http://www.ecigexpress.com/nicotine-bases-1mg-24mg-bases-c-43_49_100

and condensed flavors only from this company nowadays (FA) - http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-flavoring-flavourart-condensed-c-16_29 (they're the best imo).

my 'all-day vape' and fav flavor is hypnotic mist - not too sweet, exotic, complex, endlessly interesting...perfect. and it mixes well w/ almost anything.

Ive been a very big failure at it, lol. Do you just mix and let it steep a couple of days and then youre ready to go?

I followed a calculator, from what I understand you just put together the pg/vg/nic/flav that the calculator says and youre done, but each time I tried, it came out tasting very nasty. I bought a kit from diyflavorshack, my buddy and I put everything together from the manual they provided and calculator with different flavors and it all tasted funny. So I gave up on that, maybe Im just bad luck with juices? lol

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
My method - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/396145-super-easy-diy-method.html

I mix fresh, vape all I want but also steep - juices get better w/ time but the good ones taste perfectly fine w/o any steeping at all.

I was looking at that and was about to call them tomorrow. So all i have to do is buy the 12 mg base and flavor it? That is too simple for me to believe lol. I was wondering, can i put real fruit juice in for the flavoring or extract? I ask because it seems like a lot better flavoring is produced with them, or at least when i go buy them and they say natural. And i really appreciate all your input.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I was looking at that and was about to call them tomorrow. So all i have to do is buy the 12 mg base and flavor it? That is too simple for me to believe lol. I was wondering, can i put real fruit juice in for the flavoring or extract? I ask because it seems like a lot better flavoring is produced with them, or at least when i go buy them and they say natural. And i really appreciate all your input.

I promise that's all you have to do lol. I know it seems too good to be true - 250ml of juice for $15 but I assure you it is and it couldn't be simpler or easier. The vendors don't want you to know how easy it is...all the info is hidden away so they mark up their juice 500 even 1000% sometimes...it's crazy...

I'm no expert btw but I wouldn't inhale vaporized fruit juice extract, at least not w/o researching it first.

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
I promise that's all you have to do lol. I know it seems too good to be true - 250ml of juice for $15 but I assure you it is and it couldn't be simpler or easier. The vendors don't want you to know how easy it is...all the info is hidden away so they mark up their juice 500 even 1000% sometimes...it's crazy...

I'm no expert btw but I wouldn't inhale vaporized fruit juice extract, at least not w/o researching it first.

Cool, thanks. I guess with my luck, Im not going to mess with real fruit juices until all the research is done. LoL. I have already placed my order with them. Thanks a whole lot! I have another question, if I purchased the 100% vg base, can I dilute it with pg to make it 70% vg / 30% pg? They should pay you for all this help you are doing for their customers. lol

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are a couple of ways to mix your base, one for convenience and one saves money. A couple of vendors will mix your nic base to any ratio you want. So you could order 70/30 12 mg base. The other way is how I do it. I buy 500 mls of PG and 500 of VG along with 120mls of 100mg nic. Then I mix a 50/50 blend of 12 mg in 1000 ml batches. Saves time and trouble. Just add my flavorings and I'm good to go. I make a lot of 30 and 60 ml batches of my ADV's so I have one steeping while I'm vaping one.

I wouldn't play around with fruit juices. Flavoring made specifically for vaping are a lot less riskier.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
gourmet vapes has one flavor i really like [honey 555] and you can get dang cheap when they do their discount codes ,

had an incident with my last bottle from them,i'd be sitting watching tv or some other none movement type activity and i would notice my heart to start racing,well over 120 bpm,about time to see the doc,i just happened to run out of that juice at the same time,,thats when i noticed my heart wasn't spazzing out on me anymore when i vaped !!

one other strange thing i did notice about their juice,it won't darken in the bottom of the tank like every juice will ,strange

jimmyf

Jan 18, 2013
los angeles
gourmet vapes has one flavor i really like [honey 555] and you can get dang cheap when they do their discount codes ,

had an incident with my last bottle from them,i'd be sitting watching tv or some other none movement type activity and i would notice my heart to start racing,well over 120 bpm,about time to see the doc,i just happened to run out of that juice at the same time,,thats when i noticed my heart wasn't spazzing out on me anymore when i vaped !!

one other strange thing i did notice about their juice,it won't darken in the bottom of the tank like every juice will ,strange

I actually let some steep and they actually came out okay. lol. i guess just let it sit there for a bit and leave it open.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is this something you mixed yourself or is it a vendor pre-mixed juice? I ask because your talking about a symptom of nicotine reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread