Anyone know anything of this new PV from Loongtotem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
swirV.png

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Firefox is reporting that page as a attack page....so I suppose I will have to google it. Thank you anyway!

Yes, this is exactly why I came here and asked. I figured with the brain-trust around here someone would have more, good info on it if it's legit.

[BTW Firefox is reporting "1 report in the last 90 days"... could be nothing but a injection that has already been fixed...]

Personally I wait until it shows up on a reputable vendors site and I've seen or read some good reviews....

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
NIS 2011 and "Opera" browser don't report anything.

But Firefox does (Google):
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for loongtotem.net

What is the current listing status for loongtotem.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 4 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-06-22, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-06-22.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including oncpsguard.findhere.org/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including switch-window.ru/, windowswitch.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26347 (DREAMHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, loongtotem.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Yes, this is exactly why I came here and asked. I figured with the brain-trust around here someone would have more, good info on it if it's legit.

[BTW Firefox is reporting "1 report in the last 90 days"... could be nothing but a injection that has already been fixed...]

Personally I wait until it shows up on a reputable vendors site and I've seen or read some good reviews....

I agree with you! I do think it is nice...later on tonight I will research/investigate it....I am just paranoid...had a big frinkin virus attack from facebook linked to e-cigarettes. (Now I don't even go on facebook...) So pardon me:) really if that is for real....it sounds good....never seen it on this forum...but maybe someone else has.

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Loongtotem has been around a long time and is definitely a valid company.

Part of the problem that "Loogtotem" is that Google and Firefox is reporting that all of of the domains (.com .net) that are related to Loogtotem are "attack" or "malware" sites.

Which makes one wonder what has happened to Loogtotem, have there servers been fully compromised?

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
The product was just released June 29th...so it may take a few more weeks to hit the US. I was able to go to their site without compromise...and yes Cronus6 I will wait for it to hit the market. They are in business but I think they may have some malware hidden or spyware...who knows?

So if anyone finds out more post it on this thread. In addition, I will as well. I am in the market for a VV unit or 4.2-5 volts. My mod is biting the dust....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread