Anyone know the NYS Law regarding E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone knew the law on use and sales of e-cigs in NY ?
I would like to see if it is possible to sell them in my area.
Would love to start a e-cig business in up state NY.
Every one that sees me vaping asks questions and want to buy a kit LOL.
WOW I could help them kick the smoking habit for good.
Weeeee !!!
 :confused:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just wondering if anyone knew the law on use and sales of e-cigs in NY ?
I would like to see if it is possible to sell them in my area.
Would love to start a e-cig business in up state NY.
Every one that sees me vaping asks questions and want to buy a kit LOL.
WOW I could help them kick the smoking habit for good.
Weeeee !!!
 :confused:

If you do start a local business, depending on where you are upstate i might drop in and say hi :D I "live" anywhere between Rochester, Buffalo
and the "ski country" south of Buff. Let me know where your business will be ;)

The only legal glitch i've heard of in NYS is Suffolk county attempting to subsume e-cigs under their smoking ban, but that has nothing to do with owning or selling and it probably doesn't apply to you (i think suffolk co. is in NY City? Not sure).

So at this point we still have a bright green LED light :D go ahead and start that business, let us know how it goes!

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HI Dragonpuff:
Thanks for the reply, I live out side of corning we aren’t to far away could say we live next door to each other LOL. All I got to do now is find a good supplier with a good product OMG is that all don’t even know where to start. Just an idea now hope I can do it
Gordy

Sweet, corning's only a 2 hour drive :D lol!

I couldn't tell you where to start either man, i am not a businessperson! :) Try talking to some of the suppliers here on the forum, they could give you a heads up on where to order from.

It will be nice to have a (somewhat) local supplier! Good luck on your endeavors :D let me know when you're up and running, ok?

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The only legal glitch i've heard of in NYS is Suffolk county attempting to subsume e-cigs under their smoking ban, but that has nothing to do with owning or selling and it probably doesn't apply to you (i think suffolk co. is in NY City? Not sure)./QUOTE]

Suffolk County Long Island, about 40 miles east of Manhattan...

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
HI Dragonpuff:
Thanks for the reply, I live out side of corning we aren’t to far away could say we live next door to each other LOL. All I got to do now is find a good supplier with a good product OMG is that all don’t even know where to start. Just an idea now hope I can do it
Gordy

A good supplier would be HealthCabin. They will provide you a resellers price list when you buy in bulk.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Lgordo, federal law (as enforced by the FDA) will trump state law in this area, so you might want to proceed with caution at this point, at least until we know the likely result of the lawsuit pending in federal district court (Smoking Everywhere and Njoy vs the FDA). Judge Leon's ruling on the preliminary injuction requested by SE and Njoy should be delivered relatively soon, and will be a good indicator of what's next.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lgordo, federal law (as enforced by the FDA) will trump state law in this area, so you might want to proceed with caution at this point, at least until we know the likely result of the lawsuit pending in federal district court (Smoking Everywhere and Njoy vs the FDA). Judge Leon's ruling on the preliminary injuction requested by SE and Njoy should be delivered relatively soon, and will be a good indicator of what's next.

Very good point. It couldn't hurt to hold off for a little while anyways.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm in the Buffalo/Niagara area myself, not far from the Tuscaroara indian reservation. I stopped in the other day and asked about Ecig sales. Seems they have no interest which is surprising since they pretty much can do whatever they want.

Steve

Yeah, they can do whatever they want, until new york state finds some way to pass a law allowing them to collect sky-high taxes from them in violation of 300 year old treaties.

Stupid government :grr: they really need to back off!

Lgordo4224, I just started mine up within the last 2 weeks. Items to be aware of. 1.) Your first shipment should be a small one. 5-10 e-cigs and maybe some juice. If they make it through, then go with a bigger order. My first order was for 100 and it got held up. I was sitting with my A** in the wind for almost 14 days. Then they were suddenly released. I haven't had any additional problems, but I tread lightly when I order now. Start small and work up. 2.) I did some research and there is talk of needing an Federal Import license. No one has said boo to me at this point, but apparently the cost of a "import drug license" is very steep.

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research and make your decisions based on what you find. Happy Selling!

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
And hello from Ithaca outskirts; tofu land. I'm afraid to wear my leather coat and figure my SUV will get egged eventually. But I love Ithaca. Asked a bartender if he'd let me smoke my ecig indoors. He said no, it freaks out the customers. I let it be.
Taxes in NYS insane, though. Might drive me back home to Bawlmer, Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread