The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone know the shortest 3.7v battery that Madvapes sells

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Ouch1234, Sep 30, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ouch1234

Ouch1234 Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I've made many new tickets with them , but for some God awful reason they refuse to respond to my tickets. Really pissing me off actually.
    The new 18350 3.7v battery they carry now are longer than the older version and they will not fit in my Maxi Roughstack v2 for 7.4v vaping. Is anyone vaping at 7.4v with the Maxi, and can you tell me which battery you're using? I just need to order some new batteries so I can go on with life, and not be so damn stressed out over this.:blush::blink:.

Thanks

And by the way.. I've been quit smoking since Feb 2011, My wife is happy. Sorry for my first rude post here. I'm really a nice guy from Norman Oklahoma, and i'm so happy I tried Vaping. It is my cure to quit smoking. I started out buying a e-cigarette off of Ebay from a seller from China. Well lets just say it wasn't a wise choice, but I started reseaching and came across Madvapes, and the girl talked me out of buying a E-cig that looked like a cigarette and guided me to a Roughstack.. My first puff I knew I was cured of the real cigarette, and have been ever since. I hope I get to know a few of guys and gals.

2. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I know for smaller protected batteries (like 14500 and 10440) Ultrafire brand is usually shorter than Trustfire brand

A big battery site like Lighthound might list exact dimensions for various brands of protected 18350 (and you should only use protected or AW IMR in ecig mods)

3. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    I trimmed my RS spring to lower the tension a bit.
    That also buys more batt real estate.

4. Ouch1234

Ouch1234 Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Thank you Dormouse ... The 14500 is much shorter. I think it's what i'm looking for. I just don't understand why Madvapes couldn't respond with this answer.

5. dormouse

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Will 14500 work in Roughstack? I use them in little box mods - they are around AA size

6. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    14500 is longer than 18350 by approx 15 mm

trustfife 14500 is 52.5 mm tall x 14mm OD according to madvapes

7. dormouse

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    TRUE - don't get 14500's! The 500 is the length I think plus however much for the protection circuit gets added on I think

I am not sure but one of those CR types may be short - I think some mods use two of them for high voltage

8. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    My IMR 18350 is almost exactly 18mm x 35mm but has no nipple.

My Trustfire 18350 is a bit longer due to protection circuit board.

9. Ouch1234

Ouch1234 Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Your'e right.. I don't know where I saw it was shorter. I just wish Madvapes would put a couple of batteries in a maxi and just tell me which one fits better. The problem with cutting the spring down is that sometimes I like to 6v and it makes the batteries too short then.

10. dormouse

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Go to Lighthound.com and check the measurements of AW IMR 18350 (less mah but holds the voltage up better) and Ultrafire protected 18350

Maybe the Ultrafire protected will be short enough (eh I cannot find Ultrafire 18350 protected0

Or Ultrafire 16340's protected are 3.0v and 2 would be 6v

11. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    according to my ruler:

nhaler IMR 18350 (no nipple) = 35mm
    trustfire 18350 = 37mm
    ultrafire 18350 = 37 mm

I would use caliper but didn't want a firework show.

12. TomCatt

TomCatt Da Catt Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2011
    Upland, PA
    I believe the IMRs don't don't have, or need, the protection pcb. The protection pcb on protected li-ions adds ~2mm to their actual length - so 18350 will actually be 37mm long, not 35mm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.