Anyone know which are the most popular brands of e-cigs in USA (most sales)..or even guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfjardine02

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Hershey
I'm bamboozled by the number of different types/names for e-cigs...including many that seem very similar but appear to have just a different name/retailer. Does anyone have any idea which ones are most popular, in terms of sales? I dont need hard numbers...just a general idea. I'm trying to understand it but its not easy to even figure out what the main categories are to choose from.

alanselo

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
From my experience you are correct in that many look the same. From what I have learned it is the connection that makes them different. Meaning any 510 connection will fit any other pv that has that connection. As an example, all the ?-gos have a 510 connection, except for maybe one e-go type which I believe is the go-go (not sure on the name).

So in essence you could use most any number of pv's as long as it makes the connection fit. There are also many adapters available that will allow you to use whatever you have with whatever you want to try.

So, the most popular and used connection in the U.S. would be in my estimation a 510 connection. Hope that helps and if I am wrong I am sure someone will pipe up and set both of us straight on this.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
My impression:

Slim (and most recommend manuals for these):

Joye 510

KR808D-1 (Several types: original manufacturer, V4L w/ extended cutoff, rubberized longer charge version like SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6)

And just because so many rebranders use it and it's in 7-11, so many arrive here using it: RN4081 (but it's not a very well-supported model - few types of blank cartomizers available for it)

Fat battery:
#1 Joye Ego and Ego-named clones and Egos with vendor logo/name on them
#2 Riva 510 (an Ego clone and the new Eastmall ones have a bit more voltage than Ego)
#3 Other things that end in "go"

mods (in no order):
E-Power
Plastic Box mods (inexpensive and compact)
Provari (most popular variable voltage)
Reo (most popular bottom feeder)

What is NOT most popular is any of the bs ripoff rebrander models slathered all over the internet - the ones that each claim they are the best, highest-rated, most-popular etc. What they are best at is marketing and getting links to themselves all over the web.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Okay thanks, but simply in terms of total sales volume (as opposed to user satisfaction among established users) is it plausible that a larger number of NJOY or BLUE or Smokeverywhere etc starter kits with cig-sized e-cigs have been sold?

I would think that is very likely. They advertise, sell in malls, and tobacco shops. It's where most vapers spend their first $200 on vaping and either move on or quit vaping.

Some of those brands are 510s or KR808s or 401s. Just different branding and pricing.

Last edited:

jfjardine02

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Hershey
JuiceJunky...thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure whether the cig-sized gas-station ones (anyone got a better more technically accurate phrase to characterize these?) are a good thing in getting people started on vaping/off cigarettes, or whether they are really a bad thing in that so many people try them, find them ineffective, and go back to smoking without persisting and finding out that eGO/510s etc can actually hit the spot?

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
JuiceJunky...thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure whether the cig-sized gas-station ones (anyone got a better more technically accurate phrase to characterize these?) are a good thing in getting people started on vaping/off cigarettes, or whether they are really a bad thing in that so many people try them, find them ineffective, and go back to smoking without persisting and finding out that eGO/510s etc can actually hit the spot?

I think most of them are good enough to give you an idea of what vaping is. THey are just so overpriced and hyped to justify it, that I'm sure many give up. That carto = one pack is the worst. I probably smoked a lot of burnt polyfil in the beginning trying to make it last a pack and thought it sucked.

Thank goodness for the internet. Those big name ecig marketers are the one taking the risk and making the investment to get the word out about ecigs. They could all be shut down on a whim with a legislative maneuver. Kiosk space doesn't come cheap.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
My impression:

Slim (and most recommend manuals for these):

Joye 510

KR808D-1 (Several types: original manufacturer, V4L w/ extended cutoff, rubberized longer charge version like SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6)

And just because so many rebranders use it and it's in 7-11, so many arrive here using it: RN4081 (but it's not a very well-supported model - few types of blank cartomizers available for it)

Fat battery:
#1 Joye Ego and Ego-named clones and Egos with vendor logo/name on them
#2 Riva 510 (an Ego clone and the new Eastmall ones have a bit more voltage than Ego)
#3 Other things that end in "go"

Mods (in no order):
E-Power
Plastic Box mods (inexpensive and compact)
Provari (most popular variable voltage)
Reo (most popular bottom feeder)
Good post. I agree with your list. Clear and concise :). Also funnily enough, I have everything on your list except the Reo, which I hope to get one day.
I have a question. I have an old but unused and pristine RN4081 with lots of spares that I don't want to bin, (immediately after getting it I discovered 901's and my first mod the Screwdriver - back in the day - so never touched it) do you perhaps have any idea where I can get the cartomizers that you mentioned online? If I can get cartomizers, it can make an awesome gift for some old man I know, who is always eyeing my PV's. There is no way I give the set to this person, who doesn't speak a single word of English and explain the whole filling and cleaning routine. Cortomizers would make it worth it! I hate waste... :).

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
I'm bamboozled by the number of different types/names for e-cigs...including many that seem very similar but appear to have just a different name/retailer. Does anyone have any idea which ones are most popular, in terms of sales? I dont need hard numbers...just a general idea. I'm trying to understand it but its not easy to even figure out what the main categories are to choose from.
I wouldn't confuse most popular with "best"... I won't bore you with all the examples ;)

As a bamboozed n00b, which I am admittedly not far from (although I had some mentors give me massive help), one thing drilled into my head was what I start with is more than likely not what I'm going to finish on.

There is a lot of crap being sold at gas stations and mall kiosks. I'm having lunch with a friend this weekend who went that route and shelved it immediately. It'll be a PIF gift of one of my egos and enough supplies to last a a few days...

Read what's been working for the fresh converts.. if it worked for them, better chance it works for you. Just don't go nuts investing on stuff for the unit you start on, because you will likely explore and look for improving your experience once you get past the initial hurdle of getting past the analogs.

Cheers, and good luck.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Njoy IS RN4081, and so is Smokstik, as are a number of other rebrands. That's why I included that on my list even though it is not popular here due to lack of variety of attachments. None of the popular carto makers support that threading.

And as I said - you can't use the web to find the best ecig. The bs rebranders have the web stuffed with references saying their ecig is the best including fake review, testimonial and "info" sites that direct people to their brands, etc. And they know how to cram everything with HTML meta tags and other ways to boost their position in web searches.

Dragonbone - you can get prefilled RN4081 cartos at Njoy (Npro model, which in 7-11 is called 2-n-1), Smokstik (Smokestik?), and some probably Chinese juice filled ones at AZSmokeFree.com. I think AZSmokeFree.com and Vaporkings.com have blanks, and Goodprophets used to have good "double deuce" blanks but last time I checked for someone they only had some prefills left (menthol or something). And Aquavaporcig may have blanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread