The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone knows where to get Lipton Pyramid Tea Bag?

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by TheMoon, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wutzthedeal

wutzthedeal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2010
    SE VA
  2. Perpuk

Perpuk Full Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Found in Franklins yesterday - Dilmah Exceptional. The bags are large, pyramid shaped and the material has a sheen. Definitely not the ordinary tea bag material.

Also noticed today in my local supermarket Madura Chamomile in a tin and a pyramid shaped bag labelled as having silk bags.

Seems this type of tea bag is just starting to become available here in the premium types.

3. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    I went shopping today, all in the name of research and found the Dilmah exceptional is not the nylon bag it is a silky papery type bag, but I did find in Woolworths Madam Flavour tea, they call them infuser pods and those are the bags we want.

Umm my apologies, I looked closer at the Dilmah bags, they are a more fibrous bag, and they do wash ok without falling apart, I will have to try a mod using these. I will report back later.

Ok Ive tried the Dilmah - it failed the burn test, so I guess these are a no....

4. MrDismal

MrDismal Moderator ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    My girlfriend had some of these pyramid tea bags at work - except they're a brand called Kirkland signature from over seas. She brang some home and i got modding as soon as poss!
    The mod is crazy! So much vapor and throat hit it's unbelievable! If you get your hands on this type of material or similar tea bags then I suggest you follow what this dude does and make the end of the material fray...

YouTube - Shredded Pyramid tea bag mod

5. COM76

COM76 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Hey i just purchased some Madam tea pods today from Woolworths. Kimmyw how did you go with them? First time i tried i thought my e cig was going to go up in flames. I did not think it was that crash hot but it is nice to know i can make my own. Thinking of trying my gf fish tank pump filltering next :). God this new 0 nic e juice i made is makin me ill, got to stop smokin it.

6. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    Did you trim the bag flat or just below the top of the cart?, also make sure it is nice and wet with juice, with flavorings try
    Chocolate Moulds - Inspired By Chocolate they are great flavors, and concentrated, there are a few threads about mixing these on DIY. :D

7. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Cheers for the flava link. Yeah i trimmed it but just to line up with the cart might take it down a bit. I watched a tut vid done by moobghost he suggested a few mm below. yeah it was wet. So do you use this brand? Just realised your from QLD to. What part?

8. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    I trim mine about 1 mm below top of cart and shred, Ive found it works for me, but make sure it is really wet before you start vaping. Im about 30 kms from Beaudesert, where r u?

9. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I am right on the sunny gold coast. 5 min from the Coolangatta airport. Do you use these other flavours from LorAnne. If so what flav do you recomend. I purchased some 100mg nic should arrive next week. Want to prepare with some nice flavours. Thanks again for your help.

10. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
  11. Kimmyw

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    gizmo has started a thread called flavourings, maybe this discussion should be in there :)

12. falconsforge

falconsforge Full Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Brisvegas
    I found the Madam Flavour bags at Woolworths and they seem to work well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.