anyone make decent cartos? i know Boge used to....other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
im not getting into a pissing contest with anyone about how good Boge is... i have seen firsthand what they've done, or what they stopped doing when i went from using a box of 5 of cartos lasting me 2 months, to going through a box in 5 days. anyone recommend anyone else's carto? im running a v-tube and had a VVV tank, but having to change cartos every day got old so im currently using a vivi nova, but i kinda miss tanking it.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Like you, I have been on a quest for a replacement for my beloved Boge cartos to use in my carto tanks. I have used Boge cartos since I started vaping over 1 1/2 years ago. So I've been trying a couple of different cartos in the hopes of finding something decent. I didn't care for Kangers too much. So I got 2 boxes of Smoktech stainless 3.0 cartos.

I was advised to punch only one hole, but it wasn't wicking as well as it should. So, I added an extra hole, and it's vaping beautifully for me. I like to vape a 3 ohm carto around 5.5V, and I set my VW at 10 watts. I diy my juice, and it's around 60pg/40vg, 70pg/30vg. I think I may have found my replacement. So far, 6 of the 10 are working flawlessly with 2 holes punched.

I don't really notice a difference compared to Boge. I'm hoping for a 10 out of 10 success rate. So far, these are performing just as well as my old Boge cartos. Flavor is nice and clean, no leaking at all. I might also mention that when I am vaping, I chain vape, and the wicking is keeping up with me very well. This is the only place I could find them. Smoktech 3.0 ohm Steel Single Coil Short Cartomizer- 5 Pack - $8.49 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More[/QUOTE]

I condom fill the carto, and I find that with these, I also need to drip several drops of juice into the carto filler from the top for good priming. Hubby and I have been giving them a workout, and so far, I am sold on them. Let us know if you try them.

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
just an update on the vivi nova... i found out its a V3, and totally different in the atty design.. i was having some problems with it dry hitting, trimmed the wicks on it, and i think i like it better than a tank/carto setup. it definitely is lasting longer... 3 weeks and going strong. a rinse and dry burn at every tank refill. and likes a lot lower voltage, which means to me a lot longer runtime on the batts. i might give the smokteks a go. dipping into the world of DIY currently :D

for the Boges... absolutely no reason to ever burn a carto up, i had slots in mine, condom fill or not, it didnt matter.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Yeah. 6 out of ten is a bit of waisted juice too. I too think cartomizer replacements for tanks need some work. It's half of it really. Id pay more since I'd be saving on juice anyway. Hope there is a lot of response to this issue

The reason I said 6 out of 10 is because I haven't used the other 4. I have only used 6 of them, and they are working perfectly.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I punch my own, 2 holes. I am using a reg length 3 ohm single coil carto. The only place I've seen them was at Stormy's. I ordered 2-5 pks, and we liked them so much, we went ahead and ordered 1000 right from Smoktech. I diy my juice and start with a 50pg/50vg base, then add flavorings. So, my juice leans toward more pg. I have never had one flood, and I've been using them for a while now.

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
My4jewels mentioned Smoktech. I like these too but I am talking about the 1.7 ohm. I have never tried the 3 ohm. I had a couple out of ten that wouldn't stop flooding however. One was three hole and the other was two hole and I'm at 33% VG.

i came to the conclusion that flooding isnt really the cartos fault, theres an air leak between the tank and carto allowing the jooce to "run" out, instead of being wicked out thru the filler. either that, or you're going from extreme temps.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
www.PureSmoker.com Mobile I hear these are Smoketech and the filler is special made so its not as tight as the stock cartos. I use 1.7 ohm at 3.7 volts and 3.5 ohm at 6 volts with a bottom feeder and they get my vote for " best carto " . When Puresmoke has a sale they go for $1.00 a pc.

Thanks for linking. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread